Контрольная работа 6 класс I четверть
Theme: Faces of London
Task 1. Translate into Russian:
Task 2. Translate into English:
Быть богатым, достопримечательности, известный поэт, болтливый переводчик, независимый ученый.
Task 3. Fill the article where it’s necessary:
What's your name? My name is___Alison.
Where do you live? We live in ____ eastern part of ____ Minnesota. Our grandparents live in ____ Hudson.
What school do you study at? I study at ____Hudson Middle school.
What nationalities are your parents? My mother is ____ English. My father is ____ Swiss.
What's your mom? My mom is ____ housewife.
Task 4. Put the verbs into the correct form: Present Continuous or Present Simple:
1. His father (not to watch) TV at the moment. He (to sleep) because he (to be) tired.
2. I (not to drink) coffee now. I (to write) an English exercise.
3. Your friend (to do) his homework now?
4. Look! The baby (to sleep).
5. My grandmother (not to work). She is on pension.
Task 5. Put questions to the sentences. Begin with the word given in brackets:
· I have been to London. (Have)
· Next summer Tom will go abroad. (Who)
· My friends are going to travel by plane. (How)
· The statue of Peter Pan is in Kensington Gardens.(Where)
· We visited the art gallery two days ago.(When)
· This film is worth seeing. (Why)
Task 6. Read the text and do tasks:
William Shakespeare, the greatest and most famous of English writers, and probably the greatest playwright who has ever lived, was born on the 23d of April, 1564, in Stratford-on-Avon.
In spite of his fame we know very little about his life. At the age of six he was sent to school, but had to leave it at the age of 13. His father, John Shakespeare, was a glove-maker, and when he fell into debt, William had to help him in the trade.
Just what William did between his fourteenth and eighteenth year isn't known. At the age of eighteen, he married Anne Hathaway. Ann was eight years older than her husband and the marriage wasn't a happy one.
When Shakespeare was twenty-one, he went to London. We don't know why he left Stratford-on-Avon. There is a story that Shakespeare's first job in London was holding rich men's horses at the theatre door. But nobody can be sure that this story is true.
Later, Shakespeare became an actor and a member of a very successful acting company. It's highly probable that The Comedy of Errors, Romeo and Juliet and some other plays by Shakespeare were performed for the first time on this stage.
Very soon, however, the actors were told that they could no longer use the land that their theatre was built on and the company had nowhere else to perform. There is a story that in the dead of night the whole acting troop took down their theatre, timber by timber, brick by brick. They carried it across the river and rebuilt it. The new theatre was called the Globe.
Shakespeare wrote 37 plays: 10 tragedies (such as Hamlet, King Lear, Othello, Macbeth), 17 comedies (such as As You Like It, Twelfth Night, Much Ado About Nothing), 10 historical plays (such as Henry IV, Richard III.). He also left 7 books of poems. His 154 sonnets are known all over the world nowadays.
Most of Shakespeare's plays were not published in his lifetime. So some of them may have been lost in the fire when the Globe burnt down in 1613.
Shakespeare spent the last years of his life at Stratford, where he died, ironically, on the same date as his birthday, the 23d of April, 1616. He was buried in the church of Stratford. A monument was erected to the memory of the great playwright in the Poet's Corner in Westminster Abbey. In 1997, Shakespeare's Globe was restored.
1. Where was William Shakespeare born?
5. What theatre was opened by William Shakespeare?
A. Green theatre
B. Globe theatre
C. Royal theatre
D. Open theatre
2. When was William Shakespeare born?
6. The Globe theatre is in …
3. William Shakespeare married in …
7. How many plays and sonnets did William Shakespeare write?
A. 40, 150
B. 53, 135
C. 35, 200
D. 37, 154
4. He wrote …
A. sonnets and tragedies
B. tragedies and comedies
C. sonnets, tragedies and comedies
D. only sonnets
8. “to be or not to be” that is question of …
B. King Lear
Контрольная работа 6 класс II четверть
Theme: Animals in Our Life.
Task 1. Translate into English:
Предотвращать что-либо плохое
По всему свету
400 видов насекомых
Бороться против жестокости
Мир во всем мире
Task 2. Make up the sentences:
Trafalgar, I, never, to, been, Square, have.
Letter, has, Mike, already, that, read.
Has, he, not, aunt, visited, his.
Invited, we, just, have, friends, our.
Have, work, finished, children, already, their.
Mother, visited, her, I, already, have.
She, Zoological, joined, has, society, just, that.
Drawn, recently, picture, they, have, this.
Task 3. Choose the correct translation:
1) Сharles has just finished his translation.
a) Чарльз уже заканчивает свой перевод.
b) Чарльз уже закончил свой перевод.
с) Чарльз скоро закончит свой перевод.
2) These women visited the famous Wild Animal's Park.
a) Эти женщины посещают знаменитый заповедник.
b) Эти женщины посещали знаменитый заповедник.
с) Эти женщины посетили знаменитый заповедник.
3) Tom is riding his bike in the park.
a) Том катается на велосипеде в парке.
b) Том катался на велосипеде в парке.
с) Том покатался на велосипеде в парке.
Task 4. Find the odd one out and write out:
1) owl, turkey, hen, goose, lamb, eagle, penguin, cockerel.
2) zebra, hedgehog, elephant, kangaroo, tiger, giraffe, camel, panda.
3) shark, whale, hippo, tortoise, dolphin, hamster, crocodile, fish.
4) tiger, cat, lion, leopard, puma, fox, kitten.
Task 5. Choose the correct answer:
1) He … already repaired his bike.
a) have b) has
2) I have just … my baby sister.
a) feed b) fed c) feeding
3) Have you ever … to London?
a) be b) were c) been
4) The students have … the scientific society.
a) join b) joined c) joining
5) Mike has washed his hair … .
a) recently b) already c) yet
Task 6. Fill in the missing words. Choose 10 words or phrases from the list given below:
Three month ago I (1) ______ the society of London. I decided to join the (2) ______ because I want to help(3) ________animals. I (4) _______ that every (5) _____ has the right to live. In many countries of (6) _______many people (7) _____to save animals and (8) ______, fish and insects from death. They(9) ______zoos and parks for animals where (10) _______may watch the animals and their young.
Words for use: organize, believe, joined, endangered, the world, birds, Zoological society, are trying, scientists, living thing.
Task 7. Translate the sentences:
Мы должны спасать вымирающих животных.
Это не дикое животное, а домашнее.
Я только что нарисовал это насекомое.
Вы вступите в зоологическое сообщество?
Мой хомяк живёт в клетке.
Ты уже пригласил гостей на свой День рождения?
Мы с сестрой купили много подарков для своих родителей к Новому году.
Контрольная работа 6 класс III четверть
Theme: Talking about Relatives.
Task 1. Fill in the missing letters:
n_ece, n_ph_w, a_nt, w_fe, h_sb_nd, un_le, c_us_n, p_rents, d_ughter, s_n, m_ther, br_ther.
Task 2. Correct the mistakes in the sentence:
1. My uncle is mother’s sister.
2. My niece is ten. I am twelve. He is elder than me.
3. My grandparents are my mother, my father, my aunt and uncle.
4. Her nephew is my sister.
5. The granny is the youngest in the family.
Task 3. Put the verbs into the correct form: Past Simple or Present Perfect:
1. They (already, do) this hard work.
2. I (not…yet, see) a new film.
3. We (last year, have) the bright holidays.
4. When you ( buy) your bike?
5. You (already, decide) what to do?
6. My niece (not, three weeks ago, come) to us. She (visit) her friends.
Task 4. Put the words in the correct order:
1. Yesterday, you, a sandwich, make, did?
2. Like, does, mother, your, to eat, pies?
3. Your, husband, her, is, elder, aunt, than?
4. From, sausage, what, made, is?
5. Now, you, clearing, are, the table?
Task 5. Choose the correct translation:
Давай немножко отдохнем. Мы уже перевели половину текста.
Let's have a short rest. We have already translated half of the text.
Let's have a short rest. We translated half of the text.
Вечером она убрала со стола, подмела пол и легла спать.
In the evening she has cleared the table, swept the floor and gone to bed.
In the evening she cleared the table, swept the floor and went to bed.
Task 6. Read the text and choose if the statements below are true or false.
The London Underground and the Moscow metro
The London Underground is the oldest one in the world. In 1870 there was the opening of the first line. It was like a tube, that's why English people call the old lines the Tube, the new lines the Underground.
The London Underground is very long. It’s about 300 kilometers long and it has about 300 stations. Some of them are closed on Sundays. The other stations are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. The price of tickets isn't low (низкий). It depends (зависит) on the distance. There are comfortable seats in the carriages at the Underground. The walls are white or grey. There are a lot of ads (реклама) on them.
So the word "Underground" in London shows you where the stations are. When you want to find the metro stations in Moscow you look for the letter "M".
The Moscow metro began its work on the 15th of May, 1935. There were 13 stations at that time. Now it has more than 190 stations. A metro ticket costs 28 rubles. Our metro is one of the most beautiful, comfortable and the cleanest metros in the world. We are proud of it.
True or false?
1. The name of the old London lines is the Tube.
a) True b) False
2. Some stations in London don’t work at weekends.
a) True b) False
3. The price of the tickets in the Tube is the same.
a) True b) False
4. The Moscow Metro is older than the London Underground.
a) True b) False
5. The Underground carriages are comfortable.
a) True b) False
Контрольная работа 6 класс IV четверть
Theme: We Have a Lot in Common.
Task 1: Find the odd one out and write out:
1) stamps, coins, labels, horseracing, postcards.
2) football, baseball, jogging, rugby, tennis.
3) taking pictures / photos, swimming, diving, horseracing.
4) theatre, reading, skiing, music, computer games.
Task 2. Complete the sentences with the following pronouns: myself, herself, himself, yourself, ourselves, yourselves, themselves.
1) My mother sets the table …………….
2) He did his homework ………………...
3) Can you do this work ………….. or shall I help you?
4) They prepared dinner ………………..
5) I made this nice dress ………………..
6) We couldn’t do the test ……………...
Task 3. Choose the right variant.
1) I ……. my Math. I can go for a walk.
a) did b) has done c) have done
2) Peter …….. home two minutes ago.
a) will come b) came c) has come
3) My friends ………. to play hockey in winter.
a) like b) are liking c) likes
4) She ……. a very interesting book recently.
a) have read b) reads c) has read
5) Listen! Our mother ……. a popular song.
a) sings b) is singing c) sing
Task 4. Ask the following questions.
1) We have lunch at one o’clock every day. (When …?)
2) She got a lot of postcards on her birthday last year. (What …?)
3) Ann has never been to London. (Has…?)
4) Timothy will go abroad next year. (Where …?)
5) He is watching TV now. (Who …?)
Task 4. Translate the words.
Example: club – клуб; ship – корабль.
Автор, comedy, садоводство, horseracing, model, путешествие, collect, популярный, to be fond of, хранить, have a lot in common, открытый воздух.
Task 5: Translate into English:
Мой старший брат увлекается спортом. В выходные дни он обычно катается на коньках.
Она любит смотреть телевизор по вечерам.
Какие книги ты любишь читать? – Я предпочитаю детективы.
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: