Мониторинг по английскому языку для 8 классов
на 2015-2016 год
Family life in England.
Hi, my name is Craig. I’m English because I was born in England? But I’m British because England is a part of Great Britain.
I live in a typical English family. I have a mother, a father and a sister and we all live together in a house in the Eastern part of England. At the back of our house there is a small garden.
The day starts at about 7 o’ lock when Mum and Dad get up. We get up half an hour later.We have breakfast at 8 o’clock. After breakfast my sister and I put on our school uniform. We all leave the house at 8.30. Dad goes to work. He works with computers.
Mum, my sister and I walk to school. My mother takes a bus because she teaches at a different school. I take a packed lunch to school which contains such things as sandwiches fruit, a box of juice and a bag of crisps. Sometimes my friends and I change our food. My favourite subjects at school are Science and History. My favourite topic in History is learning about ancient Egyptians. I also enjoy PE lessons- we play basketball, netball, football and sometimes we go cross- country running.
We usually come back home at 4 o’clock. Dad gets home at about 6 o’clock. We eat together at about 7 o’clock. I help my mum wash after dinner. I also tidy my bedroom. In the evening I usually do my homework before watching TV. My mum sometimes helps me with my homework.
On Thursdays I go to karate and my sister goes to ballet on Wednesdays. I am a member of a Scout club and I like go camping. I like to cook on a fire. It is fun sleeping in a tent too. We usually go camping twice a year. I enjoy playing on my computer and skateboarding. I have a pet rabbit called Sooty. I think you can guess what colour it is. Black, of course.
It takes Craig___________to get ready for school in the morning.
An hour and a half b) an hour c) half an hour
Craig’s mother is a _________________
Doctor b) a librarian c) a teacher
During the lunch break Craig usually_______________
Eats in the school canteen
Go to his mother’s school
Eats food that he brings from home
Craig loves History, especially________________
The history of the UK
Craig usually has dinner _______________
When all the family is at home
Whenever he likes
At six sharp
After dinner Craig ____________
Reads and watches TV
Does some house chores
Helps his father with the computer
Being a Scout means________
Going in for sport
During camping Craig learns to____________
Play on the computer
Set tents and make fire
Установите соответствие между темами A - G и текстами 1 - 6. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании одна тема лишняя.
This museum tells you about the history of
A. industry E. a city
B. science F. transport
C. toys G. canals
1. Step inside this magical 1850s "Cinema" for an exciting tour in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. As the lights go down a brilliant moving image of the capital appears before you,
while the guide tells you the story of Edinburgh`s historic past.
2. The National Waterways Museum of Gloucester brings to life the time when Britain`s waterways were dug between towns. Transport by these ways was cheaper than transport by land. Many exhibits give visitors the chance to relive the Age which helped to revolutionize Britain`s water system.
3. Black Country Museum is an open - air museum. Your visit there is always exciting and enjoyable. Guides in national costumes and working demonstrators tell visitors a story of the time when different machines were invented in Britain and factories began to develop very quickly.
4. Travel through the time and discover the colourful story of travel. See shiny buses? tube trains and trams of different centuries. As you step into the past you`ll meet people who`ve kept London moving for 200 years. Hold tight as you put yourself in the driving seat and enjoy your journey.
5. This museum is full of wonderful models of trains, buses, ships and cars. See the 1920s model Story Land Park and play the old slot - machines. It also has a nursery of the beginning of the 20th century. The wonderful collection of dolls contains different marionettes from Ancient Roman Gladiator dolls to figures of today.
6. This museum illustrates the development of human knowledge through different instruments. The museum has a clockwork model of the solar system from 1750 as well as microscopes, telescopes, navigation instruments, electrical machines and tools.
Use of English
Задание 4 (B1-B6)
B1.Thousands of tourists visit London every year. This city is _____________ FAME
B2. for its history and architecture. It’s a ________________centre of the country. CULTURE
B3. The main __________________________of the city is The Houses of ATTRACT
Parliament and Big Ben.
B4. It looks very _______________ . IMPRESS
There are many historic monuments in London. One of them is a monument
B5. to William Shakespeare, a well- known ___________________. WRITE
The streets are usually full of tourists with cameras, but if you want a quiet
B6. Holiday- the beautiful and ________________countryside is round the PEACE
Прочитайте приведённый ниже текст. Преобразуйте, если необходимо, слова, напечатанные заглавными буквами в конце строк, обозначенные В4 - В10,
так чтобы они грамматически соответствовали содержанию текста.
Заполните пропуски полученными словами. Каждый пропуск соответствует
отдельному заданию из группы В4 - В10
Задание 5. (B7-B13)
A Smart Boy
B7. Mr. Jones and Mr. Brown worked in the same office. One
day Mr. Jones said, ___________ pleasantly to Mr. SMILE
" We are going to have a small party next Monday
evening. Will you and your wife come?"
B8. "That`s very kind of you. We are free that evening, I think.
But I __________ my wife and ask her". CALL
B9. Mr. Brown ______________ into the other room and GO
B10. He ___________________ very much by his telephone SURPRISE
B11. When we came back Mr. Jones asked him.
"_______you_________ to your wife already?" SPEAK
B12. " No, she ____________ there when I phoned. My NOT BE
small son answered the phone. I asked him, " Is your mum
there?" And he said, " She is somewhere outside."
B13. "Why is she outside?" I asked. "She _________________ LOOK
for me", he answered.
Barbara works in a London School, … ?
doesn’t it? B. doesn’t she? C. does it?
He … stories about Sherlock Holmes every day.
read B. is reading C. reads
James … a nice picture yesterday.
painted B. paints C. will paint
Look! My dad … a song.
sing B. is singing C. sang
We … already … a beautiful house.
have…built B. will…build C. is … built
My This book was written _______a famous writer
by B. for C. to
We jump, skip and run in our … lessons.
Maths B. English C. PE
We_______________to the party yesterday.
invited B. were invited C. was invited
Have you … been to London?
never B. ever C. just
Задание 7.As you know, I like playing tennis. I go to the tennis club regularly. But my friend doesn’t want to do sports……
Should people do sports? Why? What sports do you like? What do you do in your P.E. (Physical Education)lessons?
Answer Sheet (пример).