Outline of the lesson
Subject: Practical grammar
The theme of the lesson: The Present Indefinite Tense
Educational aim: To consolidate affirmative, interrogative, negative form and its use in oral speech.
Up-brining aim: To bring-up the interest and love to their subject.
Developing aim: To develop memory, grammar habits in using the Present Indefinite Tense in their speech.
The type of the lesson: presentation of the new theme
The form of the lesson: Traditional
Visual AIDS: cards, pictures, presentation
1. Organizing moment
2. Checking homework
3. Presentation of grammar materials:
A) Giving homework
I. Organizational moment
Teacher: Good morning students! I am glad to see you! How are you today?
-Who is on duty today?
- Who is absent?
-Sit down, please and get ready for the lesson students!
-What date is it today?
Good morning teacher! We are fine!
Students:-I`m on duty today!
-All are present!
-Today it is 13th of February.
II. Checking homework
Your home task were Ex 5,6,9.
Ex5. Answer the questions using the Present Indefinite Tense
1. What time do you go to the institute? (generally, usually) 2. What do you do on Sunday mornings? (often) 3. How do you spend your leisure time? (usually, occasionally)4. What sort of radio programs do you listen to? (usually, often, always) 5. How do you help your parents? (always, sometimes, usually) 6. What sort of films do you enjoy? (nearly, always) 7. Where do you red for your examinations (normally, sometimes) 8. Where do you have your meals? (usually , sometimes) 9. What do you take if you have a headache? (generally, usually) 10. How do you celebrate your birthday? (nearly, occasionally, always)
1. I usually go to the institute at 9 o`clock. 2. I often go for a walk with my friends or spend time with family. 3. I usually read some interesting books. 4. I always just listen to the music. 5. I clean the house sometimes or go for a walk with our dog. 6. I nearly always enjoy comedies. 7. I normally read for my exams at home or it may be a library. 8. I usually have my meals at home. 9. I generally take something medicine. 10 I nearly always celebrate my birthday at home or it can be café.
Ex6. Put the words in brackets into the correct form
Examples: The lecture begins at 10 o`clock. (begin) how many languages do you speak (you/speak)
1. What time_________ (the museum/open) in St.Petersburg?
2. I have a bike but I _____ (not /use) very often.
3. How many cups of tea _____ (you/drink) a day?
4. “What________ (you/do)?”- I`m a chemical engineer.
5. “Where (your father/come) from? – He_________ (come) from Minsk.”
6. If you need help, why ______(you/don`t/ask) for it/
7. I______ (play) the guitar, but I ______(not/play) very well.
8. I don`t understand the word “maintain”. What “maintain” ____(mean)?
1. Do the museums open. 2. Don`t use. 3. Do you drink. 4. Do you do. 5. Does your father come: comes. 6. Don`t you ask. 7. Play, don`t play. 8. Does “maintain” mean.
Ex9. Translate the sentences into English using the Present Indefinite Tense.
1. Я обычно делаю домашнее задание вечером. 2. Мой друг живет на Севере. 3. Моя сестра учится на медицинском колледже. 4. У них два занятия иностранным языком в недели. 5. Он всегда навещает нас, когда бывает в Москве. 6. «Сколько времени вы тратите на дорогу домой?» - «Как правильно, я трачу на дорогу домой около тридцати минут.» 7. Он теперь редко путешествует. 8. Вы часто ходите в кино? 9. Она никогда не опаздывает. Она всегда приходят вовремя. 10. «Вы чувствуете что-нибудь?»- «Нет я ничего не чувствую.» 11. Его отец-инженер. Он строит мосты. 12. Я не учу французский язык, я учу немецкий. 13. Теперь мы редко с ними встречаемся. 14. Ее муж часто ездит в командировку?
1. I usually my do homework in the evening. 2. My friend lives in the North. 3. My sister studies at the medical college. 4. They have foreign language classes twice a week. 5. He always comes to see us when he is in Moscow. 6. How much time does it take you to get back home? – It usually takes me about thirty minute. 7. He seldom travels now. 8. Do you often go to the cinema. 9. She is never late. She is always in time. 10. Do you feel anything. 11. His father is an engineer. He builds bridges. 12. I don`t study French, I study German. 13. Now we rarely see each other. 14. Does her husband often travel/ go on business?
Now I give you cards. Your task is correct the sentences. The English is correct but the information is wrong. Write two correct sentences each time.
A)Example: The Earth goes round the moon. The Earth doesn`t go round the moon. The Moon goes round the Earth.
1. The Sun sets in the East.
2. Hens eat the foxes.
3. Blacksmiths make things from wood.
4. The river Dvina flows into the Black Sea.
1. The Sun doesn`t set in the East. It sets in the East. 2. Hens don`t eat the foxes. Foxes eat the hens. 3. Blacksmiths don`t make things from wood. They make things from metal. 4. The river Dvina doesn`t flow into the Black Sea. It flows into the White Sea.
B) Make questions. Begin the questions using the word(s) in brackets.
Example: Bob plays chess. (How often)? How often does Bob play chess?
I get up early. (What time/usually?) What time do you usually get up?
1. Felix watches birds. (How often?)
2. I write to my parents (How often?)
3. I have dinner in the evening. (What time/usually?)
4. She works. (Where?)
5. I go to the Zoo. (How often?)
6. People do stupid things. (Why?)
7. The motor breaks down. (How often?)
1. How often does Felix watch birds? 2. How often do you write to your parents? 3. What time do you usually have dinner? 4. Where does she works? 5. How often do you go to the Zoo? 6. Why do people do stupid things? 7. How often does the motor break down?
V. Giving homework
At home you should make 3 sentences in The Present Indefinite Tense. And write them in the negative and interrogative form.
So, what have we learnt? The lesson is over. You may be free.
Student: Malakan Gulnar
Methodologist: Shalbaeva A.Zh
College`s teacher: Mametekovа G.S