Выбранный для просмотра документ Keys.docx
III. Grammar and vocabulary - B4 were
B6 was following
B8 do you want
B9 will find
V. Put words into the gaps
2 traffic jams
7 is situated
10 make up
Выбранный для просмотра документ Школьная олимпиада по английскому языку для 8 классов 2016год.docx
Школьная олимпиада по английскому языку для 8 классов
1. Tommy went skiing for the first time
with his friends
with his family
2. He _ .
was taught to ski
learnt to ski
didn't learn to ski
3. He fell over a lot because he
could ski very well
4. Tommy went to the mountains for
A) seven days B) ten days C) a month
5. They _ time together.
A) didn't have B) enjoyed C) didn't enjoy
6. They went down the mountain on
7. In the evening they
stayed at the hotel
8. They liked to eat
A) fish and chips B) pizza C) hamburgers
9. They watched an ice-hockey game
at the stadium
at the sports center
10. Tommy and his friends _ winter sports.
are fond of
are not keen on
II. READINGУстановите соответствие между заголовками А-F и текстами 1-5. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании один заголовок лишний.
A. Saving sea resources B. Distant operating
C. No kitchen D. Replacing meat
E. New eating habits F. More veggies
1. Tomorrow’s children will eat differently from their parents. Many modern homes don’t have a dining room because the occupants usually eat meals in front of the television. In the future, families eating together at home will be an unusual event. Food will be heated in a microwave. If there is a cooker, it will be on a dining table rather than in the kitchen.
2. The kitchen of the future will be intelligent! Thanks to automation, it may be possible to call home on a mobile to start a cooking programme. There is nothing better than to come home after a long working day to see your dinner ready. With such a kitchen you can easily organize a party for your friends.
3. In the future, fewer Europeans will eat meat because they think that other foods are better for their health. In addition, farmers will realise that growing crops is a more efficient use of land than raising cattle. “Every time a person gives up eating beef,” says food expert Brian Ford, “three thousand square meters of land are freed for crop production.”
4. But meat is a major source of protein. How will we get the protein we need without meat? The answer is: from plant sources. Mushrooms and other fungi will be specially grown, fortified with vitamins and artificially flavoured. Artificial flavouring will become widespread.
5. According to Ford, fish will always be popular. “Fish, especially oily fish, have much to contribute to the diet of the future. The problem is that we are catching too many fish. We need to reestablish sanctuaries – “national parks” – in the oceans where fish are free to multiply.”
III. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
B4 One dark night a young man was going home from the railway station.
B5 It was very late and there very few people in the streets. BE
The young man was very nervous because he had never returned home so late.
Suddenly he ______that somebody FEEL
B6 _________ him. The young man thought that it was a FOLLOW
robber and decided to walk as quickly as
B7 he . When he looked back he saw that the CAN
man was still following him. The young man turned round and asked:
B8 «What you ? Why are you following me?» WANT
«I am going to see Mr. Brown,» said the man, and the porter at the station told me:
B9 «If you follow this young man, you _________ his house easily, FIND
B10 he _______________ next door to Mr. Brown LIVE
IV.WRITINGВ письменной форме выразите свое отношение к нижеприведенному утверждению. Выполняя задание соблюдайте указанный объем, так как тексты недостаточного объема, а также часть текста, превышающая требуемый объем – не оцениваются.
You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen friend Ben.
V. Put words into the gaps.Be situated make up population language traffic jam associate polite to follow anniversary speech unite include occasion
1. English is official ___________ in Great Britain.
2. There are often____________ in large cities.
3. We can __________Great Britain with double-deckers and drinking tea.
4. There is a Speaker Corner in Hide Park where you can make a________.
5. I think that such holidays as New Year and Christmas__________ people.
6. His collection _____________ stickers and stamps with dogs.
7. Wales ____________to the west of England.
8. British people are considered to be________ and hospitable.
9. She' d received a post card from queen for her_____________.
10. Four countries _______________ the UK. They are England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
11. It is a small town with a ________________ about 50 000 people.
12. British try _________________ their traditions.
Номер материала: ДБ-257430
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|