Read the text and do some tasks.
A man was walking in the park on a beautiful spring day and he saw a penguin. He did not know what to do. He took him to a policeman and said, "I've found this penguin, what should I do?"
The policeman replied, "Take him to the Zoo."
The next day the policeman was walking in the same park when he saw the same man with the penguin. He walked up to him and said, "Didn't I tell you to take the penguin to the Zoo?"
"Yes," answered the man, "that's what I did yesterday and today I am taking him to the cinema."
Which statement is true? (Какие из утверждений верны?) True/False
1. A man found a penguin in the park.
2. He knew what to do with it.
3. The man didn't want to take the penguin to the Zoo.
4. They met the policeman in the cinema the next day.
5. The man was taking the penguin to the cinema.
II. Lexical-grammar test.
Choose the right variant
A you name B your name C the name D name
2.Mr Green is _________English teacher.
A our B us C we D you
3. The Pyramid of the Sun is ___________Mexico.
A from B on C in D at
4.He goes skiing __________winter.
A very B ever C every D always
5. Look at __________airplane in the sky! It`s very big!
A these B this C it D that
6.What time do you _________get up on school days?
A used B usual C use D usually
7. Franco ______like eating English breakfast.
A don`t B doesn`t C aren`t D isn`t
8.Where do you _______ from? - Barcelona in Spain.
A come B comes C be D go
9. I ___________ visit my grandma on Sunday afternoons.
A some time B sometimes C some D sometime
Arrange phrases of telephone conversation in a correct order.
1. Yes, he has.
2. Hi. It’s Jane here. Can I speak to Mark, please?
3. OK. Bye then.
4. Sure. Has he got your number?
5. Yes, please – can you ask him to ring me?
6. Thanks. Bye.
7. No, I’m sorry – he isn’t in. Can I take a message?
Write the short story (8-10 sentences) about your hobby.
Use of English.
Запишите номера предложений в нужном порядке:
2 7 5 4 1 3 6