Школьный тур олимпиады по английскому языку в 8 –м классе
в 2015-2016 учебном году
Choose the right variant (1 sentence – 1 point)
1. When you ... older, you'll change your mind about this.
a) will grow c) have grown
b) grow d) grew
2. As soon as the taxi arrives, I ... you know.
a) let c) had let
b) have let d) will let
3. Why are you busy packing? - My train ... in two hours, so we'll leave the house in an hour.
a) is leaving c) leaves
b) will be leaving d) left
4. I thought that I ... my key and was very glad when I found it.
a) lose c) had lost
b) lost d) was losing
5. What's the matter? You look upset. Last week I lost my scarf and now I just ... my gloves.
a) lost c) had lost
b) have lost d) lose
6. Martin said that he ... the tickets the next day.
a) bought c) will buy
b) had bought d) would buy
7. You ... an umbrella when you left the house, didn't you?
a) have c) had had
b) was having d) had
8. Is there anything I ... do to help you?
a) can c) am to
b) may d) as to
9. The last film I saw was ... frightening than this one.
a) little c) least
b) less d) the least
10. Someone is calling you. Will you answer ... phone?
a) a c) -
b) the d) these
11. To tell the truth I don't like ... pair of trousers that I bought last month.
a) those c) that
b) this d) a
12. Whose house is it? - It's ... .
a) my c) her
b) mine d) our
13. Today is ... cold than yesterday. So, I'm wearing my
a) little c) least
b) less d) the least
14. "Come home ... Christmas Day, we'll be waiting for you", my mother always says to me.
a)in c) -
b) on d) at
Word building (1 word – 1 point)
Football (soccer) is the (1)________ sport, and British club teams are often (2)________ in Europe. But British football today has a bad fame at home and abroad, because of the (3)_________ of some groups of fans who get drunk and fight with each other. Most British fans (4)_________ violence and help the police to put an end to it.
(2 points for each task)
1 task: Match parts of the UK with their capitals
4. Northern Ireland
2 task: Match the holidays and their dates:
a) February, 14
b) April, 21
3. Queen’s Birthday
c) December, 25
4. St.Valentine’s Day
d) October, 31
3 task: Match the authors and their works:
A. “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
B. “Peter Pan”
C. “Rikki –Tikki -Tavi”
6. Jack London
F. “White Fang”
7.Arthur Conan Doyle
G. “The Lost World”
H. “Robinson Crusoe”
I. “Through the Looking Glass”
4 task: Find the right answer.
In Trafalgar Square there is a monument to … .
A) Nelson B) Henry VIII C) William the Conqueror
5 task: Choose the right answer.
Which is not a university town?
A) Bath B) Oxford C) Cambridge
6 task: Choose the right answer.
Which is the symbol of the republic of Ireland ?
A) The rose B) The daffodil C) The shamrock
7 task: Choose the right answer.
There are … stripes on the American flag.
A) twelve B) thirteen C) fourteen
8 task: Choose the right answer.
The Statue of Liberty was given to the USA by … .
A) the UK B) Canada C) France
9 task: Choose the right answer.
Who stood in London’s streets and helped children to cross them?
A) policemen B) parents C) lollipop ladies
10 task: Find the right answer.
What happened in the summer of 1666 in London?
A) The Olympic Games B) The Great Fire C) The Festival
11 task: Find the right answer.
Which country is not a part of the UK?
A) Scotland B) Wales C) Iceland
12 task: Choose the right answer.
London Zoo is situated in ... Park.
A) Hyde B) Regent’s C) St. James’s
13 task: Choose the right answer.
It has been a fortress, a palace, a zoo, a treasury:
A) Big Ben B) Buckingham Palace C) The Tower of London
14 task: Choose the right answer.
Where does Queen Elizabeth live?
A) Tower of London B) Buckingham Palace C) Trafalgar Square
15 task: Match 2 columns:
A. Charlie Chaplin
B. Winston Churchill
C. John Lennon
D. Agatha Christie
16 task: Find the second part of the names of London’s places of interest:
1. the British
3. the Houses of
17 task: Choose the right answer.
Madame Tussaud’s Museum is famous for:
A) the history and magic of cinema and TV B) wax figures C) the statue of the famous Peter Pan
Choose the right synonym to the words (1 word – 1 point)
a) exciting b) tasty c) good
2. There is a lot of places of interest in New York.
a) sights b) streets c) parks
3. MacDonald’s is well-known its quick service.
a) liked for b) famous for c) fond of
4. My American friend is arriving to Russia now.
a) visiting b) coming c) doing
5. Broadway is the home of the most famous American musicals.
a) plays b) songs c) shows
Лист ответов к заданиям олимпиады по английскому языку в 8-м классе
1) b; 2) d; 3) c; 4) c; 5) b; 6) d; 7) d; 8) a; 9) b; 10) b; 11) c; 12) b; 13) b; 14) b.
Key: 1 national, 2 successful, 3 violence, 4 dislike.
4. C 5. A 6. C 7. B 8. C 9. C 10. B 11. C 12. B 13. C 14. B
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|