Theme: “My plans for the Future”
Teacher: Yanguy Aida Shisyrovna
Grade: 8 V
The objectives: Pupils will be able:
I-Educational: to talk about plans for the future, kinds of professions,
II-Developing: a) to work on the spelling,
b) to develop speaking skills and reading abilities,
III-Up-brining: to bring up what pupils want to be in Future.
Lesson type: Combined
Materials: video clip about profession, the photos with professions, handouts.
Procedures of the lesson:
I. Warm-up: Open class greeting:
Good morning, everyone! Take your seats and we’ll start our lesson. …
How are you, boys& girls? ...
How did you spend your weekends? ...
What’s the weather like today? ...
II. Checking homework.
Boys and girls, tell me what was your homework? ...(projects: Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, William Shakespeare, Abai Kunanbaev )
III. Presentation new theme:
Ok, boys and girls, please, I would like you to look at the screen, (video)
read today’s epigraph ( “All works are good, choose to your liking” ) and tell me what we’re going to talk about at the lesson: (pupils’ answers)
You are right. So, we will talk about “My plans for the Future”, and also we are going to travel “The world of jobs». Today we’ll do some lexical exercises to improve your speech
Teacher: I’d like to tell you about the difference between the words: profession, job, occupation, work and career.
Profession – a job that needs a special education and training.
Job – the regular paid work that you do for an employer.
Occupation – a job or profession.
Work – to do the job that you are paid for.
Career – the series of jobs that a person has in a particular area of work.
IV. Let’s to work with vocabulary:
1. a lawyer
2. a geologist
3. a social worker
4. a receptionist
5. a vet
6. an ecologist
7. an architecture
8. a chemist
9. a doctor
10. a travel agent
V. Reading the text from Exercise 2, page – 73, “Careers”
Teacher divides students into 3 groups: Ecologists, Doctors, Geologists, and after reading the text students answer the questions from teacher
Teacher: Now it’s time for a guessing-game “What profession is it?” (Учащиеся выбирают карточку с описанием и называют профессию)
1. someone who can count well and keeps the money records of a business – a banker
2. someone who drive a taxi – a taxi driver
3. someone who designs clothes – a designer
4. someone who teaches pupils at school – a teacher
5. someone who sings a songs – a singer
6. someone who help to take care of people health – a doctor
7. someone who sometimes works day and night – a nurse
8. someone who studies the environment – an ecologist
9. someone whose job is to design buildings – an architect
10. someone whose job is to manage a company – a manager
11. someone who studies how rocks, mountains and rivers are formed – a geologist
12. someone who works and introduces music and songs in disco club – a disco jockey
13. someone who is in the air and in the plane – a stewardess
14. someone who interview people – a journalist
VI. Home tasks: -Boys & girls, please, write down your home work: Ex.4. page – 74, please write the topic about “My Future Profession”, and to learn the new words!
VII. Lesson result: Pupils’ assessments.
The lesson is over Goodbye!
Номер материала: ДВ-381170
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|