Эл. №ФС77-60625 от 20.01.2015
Открытый урок по английскому языку в 9 классе .
Цели и задачи урока:
Развивающие. Развивать способности к осмысленности восприятия и к распределению внимания, к слуховой дифференциации, к логическому изложению содержания высказывания, к формулированию выводов из прочитанного и услышанного, развивать способности к коммуникабельности как явному или неявному выражению своего отношения к окружающей среде и экологии, развивать способности к самостоятельному труду и самооценке, развивать способности к вербализации, т.е. словесному выражению услышанного.
Учебные. Формирование и развитие навыков и умений всех видов речевой деятельности: умение работать с новой лексикой, слушать незнакомый текст с извлечением основной информации, обсуждать проблемы по данной теме в монологических высказываниях, развивать навыки чтения с извлечением определенной информации, навыки письма при выполнении теста и викторины
Воспитательные. Формирование гражданской позиции и чувства ответственности за сопричастность к проблемам экологии и окружающей среды, воспитание потребности приобщения к глобальным и местным проблемам, чувства любви и бережного отношения к окружающей среде. Развивать у детей познавательную активность на уроке.
Оснащение урока: учебник “Reader”, кассета с записью музыки (для фона), раздаточный материал: тест и страноведческая викторина. На доске: слова для аудирования, девиз урока, стихотворение для речевой зарядки. По классу развешаны плакаты, рисунки, диаграммы по экологии в США, Канаде – всего мира.
– Good morning, my dear. Sit down, please. The theme of today’s lesson is “Environmental Protection”. The problem of our lesson is the global situation in ecology and what can we do with it. We are going to check your home task at first, then listen to the unknown text and do a little test, discuss and solve the problems of ecology and environmental protection, to check your knowledge through the quiz again.
II. Речевая зарядка.
– Listen to the poem very attentively and try to understand what does it mean – change to green.
Rub your eyes and look around,
Litter lying on the ground,
Bottles, cans and polythene-
Take the tip and change to green!
Forests going up in smoke,
Cities fit to make you choke,
Nowhere left to be that’s clean-
Take a breath and change to green!
Animals and plants have died,
People starve to feed our pride,
For the life that might have been
Take a stand and change to green!
There’s so much that isn’t right,
It could get you well uptight,
So make a start and change the scene-
The lights are flashing – change to green!
PI. I think the words ‘change to green’ mean that the man can become better if he or she changes his or her point of view on the nature.
P2. To my mind ‘change to green’ means to love not only nature but everything that is around us and try to do the best to solve all environmental problems.
– I’d like to pay your attention to the words of Francis Thomson, an English poet, he said, “One couldn’t pluck a flower without troubling a star.” These words are the motto of our lesson. Do you agree with the author? Why does technology owe an apology to ecology?
P. Yes, I do. I think that technology owe an apology to ecology because sometimes people don’t pay attention to the damages and destructions that they’ve done.
III. Проверка домашнего задания.
– At home you read the text “Pollution Solutions” to the end and now I want to know how well you understand it. The text is about pollution in the USA. Here is an ecological quiz, where you should write whether these statements are false or true. I give you only 4 minutes.
( Шкала самооценки: 11-10 – “5”; 9-8 – “4”; 7-6 – “3”; 5 – “2” )
True or False?
Many U.S. cities have dirty air.
Most of the states in America don’t have laws against air pollution.
Scientists are looking ways to make factories and cars run cleaner.
Sulfates come out of coal-burning factories only in America.
Nobody cares about acid rain.
All of the lakes and rivers in America are polluted.
Energy is renewable.
Pesticides can often be found in food.
Cars don’t cause air pollution.
In 1993, each person in the United States threw away 45 pounds of trash a day.
Everyone should throw away less trash.
Keys: 1-T; 2-F; 3-T; 4-F; 5-F; 6-F; 7-T; 8-T; 9-F; 10-T; 11-T.
IV. Проверка навыков аудирования.
– Please, now listen to the text “Environmental Protection”, look at the sentences in the tests on your desks but first pay attention to the words on the blackboard. Repeat them after me. I don’t ask you questions about the text, here is a little test – complete the sentences using the right word, we’ll see how you understand the text.
The poisoning of the world’s land, air and water is one of the most important problems of our civilization. The seas are in danger. Many companies dump chemical and nuclear waste into water. The Mediterranean is already nearly dead; the North Sea is following. The Aral Sea is on the brink of extinction. Half of the lakes in the world are polluted. If nothing is done about it, one day nothing will be able to live in the seas.
Air pollution is also a very serious problem. Because many factories release sulfates into the air. When the sulfates mix with the clouds, acid rains fall and harm all living creatures. In Cairo just to breathe the air is like smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. Mexico City and 600 cities of Russia have dirty air. This causes different diseases. Because of different kinds of pollution every ten minutes one kind of animal, plant or insect dies out forever.
People begin to realize that environmental problems are our problem. These are a lot of international green organizations that take care of the environment and “Green Peace” is one of the most active. Many governments are waking up and making strict laws against pollution. Scientists are trying to make factories and plants cleaner. In many countries there are big plans to clean up the water. And every person must do his best to help our planet survive.
1. Environmental protection is an…………….. problem.
2. Factories pour a lot of ………………. into air and water.
a) a shortage,
3. What caused the …………. of wildlife?
4. Many rivers and lakes are …………. .
5. Many scientists try …………… ecology problems.
a) to solve,
b) to know,
c) to protect.
Keys: 1-b; 2-b; 3-a; 4-a; 5-a.
V. Работа в группах по три человека.
– Now it’s high time to discuss and solve some ecological problems, the main topic is “Environment”. We’ve divided into groups of three, that’s why you are sitting in such a way. Two speakers will have a conversation about the given topic, while the listener pays attention to their discussion. No one is allowed to take notes. I give you 4-5 minutes. When everyone has quieted down, the listener from each group become a reporter. He or she will tell us the main points of their conversation. At the end we’ll make conclusions. Our topics are:
“Water pollution”, “Air Pollution”, “The Ozone Hole”, “The Greenhouse Effect”, “Acid Rains”./Темы заранее давались с целью поисковой работы/.
– Please, stop discussing. One by one report your topic and make the conclusion, announce it.
P1. “Water Pollution” – Our mission . We need to save our water, to keep it clean and healthy so people, plants and animals will always have some to drink. And so fish and other creatures will have a place to live.
P2. “Acid Rain” – Our mission. It’s very important for us to stop making acid rain. One good way to do that is to drive our cars less. Another good way is to save energy. The less energy we use, the less coal those power plants will have to burn.
P3. “Air Pollution” – Our mission. It’s very important for us to “clean up our act”, and clean up the air we all breathe. Everyone can help keep our air clean and safe. It’s even fun! You can plant a tree, ride your bike, and even write a letter to a newspaper.
P4. “Greenhouse Effect” – Our mission. Everybody can help stop the greenhouse effect by using less energy, protecting and planting tress, and by recycling – so factories don’t need to work as hard making things.
P5. “The Ozone Hole” – Our mission. Scientists are very concerned about the ozone layer, because a lot of it has gone away in just a few years. So it’s very important that we learn to do something about it. We can all help to stop the ozone layer from disappearing!
– Thank you, well done, you are so clever I am proud of you.
VI. Проверка навыков чтения с извлечением определенной информации.
– You can listen, discuss, report, make conclusion and what about reading and understanding some particular points in the text. I was very surprised when first found “The Declaration of Interdependence”. Now I’d like you to look through this text. (4 minutes). Don’t translate the text, just find and read the sentences corresponding to their Russian equivalents.
1. Стабильность сообществ всех живых существ зависит от этого разнообразия.
2. Наш дом – планета Земля – ограничена…
3. Мы можем отрицать эти понятия, но мы не можем изменить их.
VII. Подведение итогов урока.
– You’ve got marks and I think you are satisfied. The main problem of the lesson is solved, you know how we can protect our environment and what we can do for this. Be kind to nature and nature will help you.
VIII. Занимательный квиз: “How Green Are You?”
Here is a quiz to see how green you are and how well informed you are about the environment.
Try it now and again in six month's time, when you have taken some action.
Score one point for every "yes" answer.
1. Do you read the list of ingredients on the food you buy?
2. Do you take a shower instead of bath?
3. Have you planted at least one tree?
4. Do you feed birds or squirrels in winter?
5. Do you insulate your house in winter to save heat?
6. Do you switch off lights if nobody needs them on?
7. Does your school/college/home use recycled paper?
8. If you have ever organised campaigns on environmental issues, score 5.
9. For short journeys, do you regularly walk, if you can?
10. For long journeys, do you regularly use a bike or public transport?
11. If your family has a car, does it run on unleaded petrol?
12. If your family doesn't have a car, score 2.
13. Do you buy ozone-friendly aerosols?
14. If you don't buy aerosols at all, score 5.
15. Do you buy cruelly-free products? (those not tested on animals)
16. If you have ever written to a manufacturer to complain about their products, score 5.
17. Do you belong to any environmental organisation?
18. Can you name one endangered species?
19 Do you take bottles to the bottle bank?
20. Do you collect aluminium cans for recycling?
21. Do you collect paper for recycling?
22. If you are a non-smoker, score 3.
23. Coming back from the forest or from the beach, do you always take your litter with
HOW DO YOU SCORE?
Add your scores to discover if you are:
Very pale green – scores under 5
Light green – scores 6-16
Mid-green – scores 17-27
Dark green – scores 28-38
IX. Домашнее задание.
Найти материал о проблемах окружающей среды в своем городе.
- Просмотры: 78
- Просмотры: 86
- Просмотры: 130
- Просмотры: 286
- Просмотры: 89
- Просмотры: 68