Конспект открытого урока учителя английского языка ГОУ СОШ №298
2010-2011 учебный год
Тeма: «Праздники:День Святого Валентина».
- совершенствование грамматических навыков (Past Simple), развитие речевых умений в говорении, чтении;
- развитие социо-культурной компетенции
Развивающая: развитие способности и готовности вступать в иноязычное общение.
1. Организационный момент, приветствие.
Teacher (T): Good afternoon, boys and girls.
Glad to see you. How are you today?
Dear children and guests. Do you like holidays? And I like them, too.
Today we go on talking about holidays.
2.Фонетическая зарядка. (Lexical drill.)
T.: -What verbs are associated with the word HOLIDAYS?
Give past forms of these verbs
3. Речевая разминка. (Speech practice.)
T.: – Well, you know verbs. Now we’ll check how well you know holidays. Let’s guess the names of holidays, looking at the symbols.
St. Valentine’s Day
4. Основной этап урока.
-Do you know then did British people celebrate St. Valentine’s Day? All right, yesterday, on the 14-th of February British people celebrate St. Valentine’s Day.
Do you know where did this holiday come from?
We will talk about it today and you will know what holiday is it and where this holiday came from.
There is a legend- a sad story about love.
Before we continue to talk look through the list of words in the screen of your computer.
was sentenced to death- приговорен к смерти
to congratulate- поздравлять
jailor - тюремный надзиратель
to decide- решить
to turn out-оказываться
was executed-был казнен
to fall in love- влюбиться
Read the legend. Answer the question:
- What did Valentine leave to his sweetheart?
Once lived a man. His name was Valentine. He was a good doctor. Many people loved him. He was clever and kind. Valentine was put in prison and was sentenced to death. At that time people celebrated New Year in the middle of February. Children and adults came to congratulate and thank Valentine for help. The jailor had a blind daughter. And he decided to show it to Valentine. It turned out that he helped her. But she fell in love with him. So, soon Valentine was executed. The only thing he left was a love letter to his sweetheart.
It was happened on the 14-th of February. Since that time there is a tradition to send letters (Valentine’s cards: heart with sentimental or funny messages) somebody you love on this day. Also people buy small presents (flowers and chocolate) on this day.
-- Сorrect the sentences:
1. Once lived a woman.
2. He was clever and angry.
3. At that time people celebrated New Year in the middle of December.
4. Children and adults came to see and thank Valentine for help.
5. The jailor decided to show his blind daughter to Valentine.
6. She fell in love with him.
7. Valentine was executed and left a book to his sweetheart.
8. There is a tradition to send Valentine’s cards on the 14-th of February.
9. People buy big presents (cars and houses) on this day.
Find verbs in the text. Write them in two forms(present and past )
Teacher: Today in the morning I‘ve got a message, but I cannot read it. It is recoded.
Help me to recode this secret message.
I think you know symbols of Valentine's Day.
A Secret Message
6 11 15 68 16 13 9 17 16 89 18 1013729610 95 12 1 6 48 11 1484'10 31 13.
The symbols connected with St. Valentine’s Day are mixed. Make the words.