How well do you know the English speaking countries.
1. Начало урока.
Hello everyone! I am glad to see you again and today we are going to show our best!
Look at the opposite desk and say hello to the jury.
So, your group is divided into 3 teams, they are named in honor of the English speaking countries: England, America, Australia. Now each team has to choose the leader. You have 1 minutes on it. Well. Are you ready?
It’s time for the game and I wish all of you good luck!
Let’s start our game.
2. Погружение в тему.
At the beginning we must remember our knowledge about the English-speaking countries and what famous landmarks do you know.
Well, you have some cards with the most famous landmarks of England and the USA and 2 peaces of paper. Your task is to stick the appropriate card to the country where this attraction is situated.
You have 7 minutes on it. Ok. Begin please. Включается музыка для чемпионов))).
For each correct answer you get 1 point.
3. Now your task is to give the correct answer about England and the USA. Here are 15 questions. 7 min
Questions about America:
1. Who discovered America? (Christopher Columbus)
2. Who was the first President of The United States? (George Washington)
3. What is the capital of the USA? (Washington)
4. What holiday do they celebrate on the 4th of July? (Independence Day)
5. How many stars and stripes does the flag have? What do they mean? (50 stars-they are states and 13 stripes- they were first colonies)
6. Who is the President of The USA now? (Barack Hussein Obama II)
7. What is the nickname of the English flag? What colour is it? (The Union Jack; white, red and blue)
8. What parts does the country consist of? (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
9. What is the capital of The UK? (London)
10. Where is the Speaker’s Corner? (In Hyde Park in London)
11. What is traditional food for Christmas lunch? (Fried turkey and pudding)
12. What can you say about the beefeaters? (They are 40 men who protect The Tower of London from the time of King Henry III).
4. Now it s time to watch the film about traditions in the USA and answer the questions. You have only to say yes or no, what team will be the first. You can get 2 points for the answer.
Фильм на 3-5 минут. 9 вопросов. If you have an answer please raise your hand.
St Valentine’s Day is the day when you hate each other. No. It is the day when you say kind words to your friends and parents.
Tax Day is the Day when the taxi service is free. No. Tax Day is the last day when an American can pay his taxes.
The Earth day is celebrated on the 22 of April. Yes
Independence Day is marked on the 4th of July as the birthday of the United States as a free and independent nation. Yes
Patriot day is celebrated in memory of the killed people on 11 of September. Yes
Halloween is the day when everybody say «hello” to each other. No. It the day when everybody put on frightened clothes and it is the holiday of witches.
Thanksgiving day is the family festival. Yes.
Christmas Eve is celebrated on the 7th of January. No. It is celebrated on the
Easter is not celebrated in the USA. No
5. Tongue twisters!!! Who is the best in the business? You can get maximum 3 points for each twister. 3 минут
Whenever the weather is cold.
Whenever the weather is hot.
We'll whether the weather,
whatever the weather,
whether we like it or not.
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
Did Peter Piper pick a peck of pickled peppers?
Roberta ran rings around the Roman ruins.
A big black bug bit a big black dog on his big black nose!
The thirty-three thieves thought that they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.
Таблица подсчета результатов
Max 33 points
Задание 2(количество баллов)
Max 4 points (2 балл-правильный ответ, 4 балла-полный ответ)+ ответы за другую команду 1 point
Задание 3(количество баллов)
Max 9 points
Задание 4(количество баллов)
Max 8 points (произношение-1 балл, скорость чтения-1 балл)
The White House Rushmore
Fort Ross Central Park
Niagara Falls The Pentagon
The Statue of Liberty
Castle Street Beaumaris
Stonehenge Golden Gate Bridge
Yellow Stone Park
Nelson s monument
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|