TOPIC: « CAN YOU TELL ME THE WAY?»
AIMS: by the end of the lesson pupils will be able:
- to activate skills of speaking and reading,
- to practice how to ask the way and give directions,
- to practice THERE IS / THERE ARE,
- to take part in the role-play game,
- to train rules of behavior in public places.
EQUIPMENT: pictures, cards, textbook, presentations, ICT.
Good morning. What day is it today? What date is it today? Who is absent?
Look at the blackboard. You can see the sentence, but the words got mixed, please put them in order. If you do it correctly, you will know the topic of our today’s lesson.
YOU THE ME CAN WAY TELL ?
(CAN YOU TELL ME THE WAY?)
So, today we’ll speak about towns and give the instructions, practice how to ask the way and give directions.
Now let’s check your home task.
Your home task was to draw a plan of our village.
Now could you tell me what we have in our town using there is/there are
(Children say the sentences.)
Now, let’s play. Who wants to be a teacher?
The teacher describes the place and you have to name this place. If you guess the place she’ll show the picture.
· You can watch a film there.
· You can visit a doctor there.
· You can change money there.
· You can send a telegram there.
· You can see old things there.
1. Revising the material
a) Teacher – Students
Between In front of
On the corner Under
Behind Next to
b) Work in pairs
Can you help Tim. Take these cards. Your task is to put in the prepositions. Don’t forget about the plan.
1. The post office is … the school and the flower shop. (between)
2. There is a café … of the street. (on the corner)
3. The hotel is … the café. (behind)
4. The club is … the factory. (next to)
5. The pet shop is … the hotel. (opposite)
6. The supermarket is … the cinema. (in front of)
c) Now look at the plan. You will get the card with wrong sentences. Correct them, please.
· The park is behind the museum. (No, the park is in front of the museum.)
· The police station is next to the post office. (No, the police station is opposite the post office.)
· The bus stop is in front of the cinema. (No, the bus stop is in front of the hotel.)
· The flower shop is between the museum and the café. (No, the flower shop is between the post office and the café.)
· The school is in front of the supermarket. (No, the school is opposite the supermarket.)
Your time is up. Let’s check.
(Saying and acting the poem.)
I can hop like a rabbit.
I can jump like a frog.
I can fly like a bird.
I can run like a foх.
I can walk like a duck.
I can swim like a fish.
And be still as good children -
as still as this.
Look at the picture and read the words:
- around the corner,
- at/on the corner
- at the crossing
- at the crossroads
- over there
Look at the pictures
Who can you see here?
What do you think Bill and Tim are asking the man about?
What buildings are there?
What building are Tim and Bill looking for?
Reading the dialogue .
First children listen to the dialogue than read it and answer the questions.
Why does Nick want to find a post office?
How many times should the boys turn right/left to get to the post office?
Do they understand the instructions?
Look at the plan and tell how to get to the post office
5. Practicing Vocabulary.
Look at the map, listen to the instruction and find the place.
6. Role play
Work in pairs. You’re a stranger and you’re a passer-by. I want you to make your dialogues on the plan.
Act your dialogues.
Look at these sentences, the words got mixed here. Your task is to put them in order. If you do it correctly, you will read the rules of road safety.
Rules of Road Safety
crossing street the you the should at cross (You should cross the street at the crossing.)
light you is the should green street cross when the (You should cross the street when the light is green.)
London you first cross in right should street the when you look (You should first look right when you cross the street in London.)
Ukraine you first cross in left should street the when you look (You should first look left when you cross the street in Ukraine.)
What topic did we discuss today?
What new words and phrases have you learnt?
In which situations can you use the phrases you learned?
Learn rules of road safety.
Краткое описание документа:
Вашему вниманию представлен план-конспект урока "Can you tell me the way?"
К концу урока учащиеся смогут:
- активизировать навыки говорения, чтения, письма и аудирования по теме "Город",
- закрепят лексический материал по теме,
- научатся спрашавать как найти дорогу,
- смогут научиться объяснять, как добраться до необходимого места.
Данный урок является хорошей возможностью для учащихся развивать коммуникативную компетенцию. Они смогут нарисовать план своего населённого пункта и рассказывать, какие объекты там расположены и как туда можно добраться, используя разные виды транспорта.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|