My favourite school subject
Aims: Asking and talking about subjects and some activities.
Literature: “English 5”, “Challenges 1”
Materials: grammar poster Present Simple, time-table, school subjects’ flashcards.
Grammar: Present Simple, object pronouns
Vocabulary: swimming, tennis, dancing, football, volleyball, basketball, chess, music.
Pronunciation: Sounds [ i ], [ i: ]. Tongue-twisters: I feel I need a deep sleep; Sit a bit. Sit still till I kill the fly;
Organizational moment: Good morning, students! How are you? What’s the weather like today? What season is it now? What day of the week is it today? What date is it today? (Listen to the students’ responses). Pronunciation training.
Warm up: Get your students match the Key Words with the objects in the picture.
Prepare the key words and flashcards for each word: swimming, tennis, dancing, football, volleyball, basketball, chess, music, art, English, French, geography, history, math, music, physical education (P.E.), and science.
I like to read I like to play
I like to study every day
I like to jump I like to run
I like to play, it’s fun.
Presentation: Teach the students how to ask and talk about subjects:
-Do you like science?
-Yes, I do/ No, I don’t.
-What subjects do you like?
-I like History.
-Are you good at English?
-Yes, I am/ No, I/m not
Encourage the students to practice the questions in pairs. Teacher checks the answers.
Task 1 - Grammar
Get your students complete the instructions using the verbs in the box
Don’t speak, don’t write, listen to, read, speak, watch, write
_________ your teacher in class.
_________ your language in English lessons.
3. _________ English to your partner in class.
4. _________ new words in your notebooks.
5. _________ sentences in your course book. Use your notebook.
6. _________ stories in English at home.
7. _________ videos and DVDs in English.
Task 2 - Grammar
Discuss the difference between Subject pronouns and Object pronouns:
I – me, you – you, he – hi, she – her, it – it, we – us, they – them.
Check that students understand the grammatical difference between subjects and object pronouns by comparing two sentences.
Get your students complete the sentences with the correct object pronouns. Check their answers.
1. Maths is her favourite subject. Ask _____ for help.
2. He’s your teacher. Listen to ______.
3. Read the story. Then answer questions about _______.
4. We’re from London. Tell _____ about New York.
5. I’m here. Sit next to ________.
6. Repeat the words and match _____ with the photos.
7. What’s the answer? Check _____ on page 20.
8. She’s a fantastic singer. Listen to _______.
Task 3 – Listening
Give students time to read the instructions before you play the recording.
Ask them to open Student’s books on page 10 exercise 6 (track 07). The students should listen to the teacher and put instructions in the correct order. Next exercise 4 (track 05) Play the recording several times for students to listen and repeat the times and days as a whole class and individually.
Task – 4 Speaking
To improve the skills the students prepare projects about their favourite subjects.
Altybayev Nazar is preparing a project work. The topic of a project work is “My favourite subject is Kazakh language”. Salimbekov Temerlan is preparing a project work. The topic of a project work is “My favourite subject is Music”. Nurlykhanuly Daulet is preparing a project work. The topic of a project work is “My favourite subject is Physical Education (P.E.)” Nurlykhanuly Kerei is preparing a project work. The topic of a project work is “My favourite subject is Computer Studies”. Rizvi Farzeen is preparing a project work. The topic of a project work is “My favourite subject is English language”. Merzlyakova Tatyana is preparing a project work. The topic of a project work is “My favourite subject is Art”. Kuanysh Iman is preparing a project work. The topic of a project work is “My favourite subject is Maths”. All the students tell the class what subjects do they like and show their pictures and photos according their topics.
Task – 5 Game.
1. Teacher shows a school subjects but spelling is incorrect or some letters in words are mixed. A student who writes all the subjects correctly gets points.
2. Encourage the students to open Students’ books on page 11, exercise 11 they should match the sentences (1-6) with the pictures (a-f). A student who matches all the sentences correctly gets points.
3. Ask the students to write their names – with their right hand and left hand.
End of the lesson. Each student gets marks for lesson:
“Thank you very much! Today you have done a great work. You all were good today and I hope that you enjoyed our lesson. See you my friends!”
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|