Выбранный для просмотра документ Лондон.doc
Theme: London and sights
- знакомство с достопримечательностями Англии : Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Tower of London, The Bloody Tower, The Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace.
-Развитие навыков изучающего чтения
Hello, dear children. Glad to see you! Take your seats. What date is today? What is weather like today?
The theme of our lesson is “London”. And before we start let’s revise our knowledge on English - speaking countries and the UK.
Answer my questions:
What parts does the country consist of?
What are their capitals and symbols?
How do we call the English flag?
What English-speaking countries do you remember?
Now please look at the screen and match countries to their flags and capitals (слайд 3)
Well done! As you have already said the capital of the UK is London.
Take your topic. (I give each pupil a piece of paper with topic “London”
Big Ben (Биг Бен)
The Houses of Parliament (Парламент)
Tower Bridge (Тауэрский мост)
Trafalgar Square (Трафальгарская площадь)
Buckingham Palace (Букингемский дворец)
British Museum (Британский музей)
1. The population of London is over 11 million people.
Who knows what river is it situated on?
Well, London is situated on the river Thames.
2. The city is very old and beautiful. It was founded more than two thousand years ago. ( слайды 4)
3. London is divided into several parts: the City, the West End, the East End (слайд 5)
4. The City is the oldest part of London. It is a financial and business centre. (слайд 6)
5. The West End is the part where rich people live. You can see the best hotels, shops, clubs, parks and houses there. (слайд 6).
6. There are many factories and Port of London in the East End.(слайд 7)
7. London has many beautiful sights, such as: Houses of Parliament with Clock Tower Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abbey and British Museum (слайды 8-13).
Open your books at page 81. Here is a text about top tourist attraction Big Ben. Listen and read the text. Complete the sentences.
Every year, millions of tourists come to London to see and listen to Big Ben. But what exactly is Big Ben?
Most people think that Big Ben is the tall clock tower that stands above the Houses of Parliament. Well no. Big Ben is not the clock tower. It is one of the four huge bells inside the tower. Its name comes from the bell’s commissioner of works, Sir Benjamin Hall, or Ben. The tower is 98 meters high. The bell inside the tower is 14 tons. The clock on the tower is also huge. Each of the four clockfaces is 7 meters wide. The hour hands are about 3 meters long and the minute hands are about 4 meters long.
Perhaps one day you can go to London and see this amazing tourist attraction.
Big Ben is in ……………………………………………………….
Big Ben is the name of……………………………………………..
The tower is……………………………….high.
Each hour hand is ………………………..long.
Look at the sights of London and name them.(слайд 16)
Complete the sentences :
London is __________________the UK
The population of London is _____________________ people.
It __________________________on the river Thames.
London ____________________many years ago.
It __________________________into several parts.
__________________is the oldest part of London.
London has many beautiful ____________ such as: the Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square and many others.
Home task: retell the topic, p81, Ex.6
Выбранный для просмотра документ Лондон.ppt
Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Урок английского языка в 5 классе по теме «Лондон»
Match the countries to their flags and capitals The UK Australia New Zealand Canada The USA Canberra London Wellington Washington DC Ottawa
The population of London is over 11 million people. London is situated on the river Thames. The city is very old and beautiful. It was founded more than two thousand years ago.
London is divided into several parts: the City, the West End, the East End and Westminster.
The City is the oldest part of London. It is a financial and business centre. The West End is the part where rich people live. You can see the best hotels, shops, clubs, parks and houses here.
There are many factories and Port of London in the East End.
Houses of Parliament with Clock Tower Big Ben London has many beautiful sights.
Buckingham Palace Trafalgar Square
Westminster Abbey and British Museum