The main part:
In my house( There is/There are)
1.R3 recognise some very high frequency words from local environment
1.L3recognise with support simple greetings recognise the spoken form of a limited range of basic and everyday classroom words
1.S3pronounce basic words and expressions intelligibly
Use “there is/there are” structure to make statements about house rooms
Understand and follow teacher’s instructions
Pronounce 90% of words intelligibly
There is/There are
Teacher asks students “How are you?” to find out their mood at the beginning of the lesson; students choose one of the smiles they see on the slide, saying “I am happy/sad….etc.”
Students get familiar with the lesson objectives.
Students watch a video and sing a greeting song
Hello, hello, can you clap your hands,
Hello, hello, can you clap your hands
Can you stretch up high,
Can you touch your toes….
The procedure of the lesson:
In my house (R, W, P) (18)
- demonstrate a picture of a house
- ask “What’s this”; students may read the answer from the picture; if they cannot read and answer, help by reading the sentence aloud
- in order to consolidate “this is” structure usage, play a song “My house” and ask students to listen and sing along:
This is my house
My big, big house…
There is a chair in the room
There are a chairs in the room
Whole class activity:
- provide each student with a hand-out of “house rooms” where they will be able to see a number of words denoting rooms in the house
- give students a minute to look through all the words
- show a video which use schoral drilling for students to learn how to pronounce these words correctly (bedroom, kitchen, etc.)
- ask students to listen to the speaker and repeat the words
1. Teacher gives a sheet of paper for each Learners and read sentences, learners should listen and draw a pictures.For example:
There is a ruler on the desk.
There are 3 books under the chair.
There is a pen near the book.
There are 2 pencils in the pencil case.
There are 4 apples on the table.
There is a school bag near the desk. On, in, under:
- ask students to work in pairs and tell each other about their own houses/flats namely which room there are in their apartments using “there is/are” structure (i.e. There is a bedroom in my house. There are two playrooms in my house.)
- go from pair to pair and listen to students stories assisting if necessary
- give students 3-5 mins to talk to each other
- in 5 mins give each student a praising sticker for their work.
Dynamic break (W) (2)
Students go to the carpet and have a dynamic break “Hockey pockey”:
You put one hand in
You put one hand out
You put one hand in
And you shake, shake, shake.
Tracing (I) (10)
- provide each student with a worksheet for tracing the words on the topic “My house”
- set a time limit of 10 minutes
- monitor and assist if necessary
- in 10 minutes come to each student and assist his/her work with help of a sticker (a smile – stick it on studens’ papers)
Ask students to look at lesson objectives they set at the beginning of the lesson and think and say (with great teacher support) if and they achieved these objectives or working towards them and why
Good bye song
See you later, alligator!
After a while, crocodile!
Good bye, butterfly!
See you again next time!
Номер материала: ДБ-381931
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|