Class: 7 “А,Б”
Theme: Sports and games. Reflexive pronouns
a) educational: to explain the forming of the reflexive pronouns; to give some information about the popular sports and games in Britain.
b) developing: to develop pupils’ skills of reading, tidy writing, listening and speaking, their mental abilities.
c) cultural: to bring up pupils to respect each other, to be tidy, polite, responsible, to lead a healthy life.
The type of the lesson: mixed lesson
The kind of the lesson: mastering new material
Visual aid: an active board
The procedure of the lesson
I. Organization moment. a) greeting
Good morning, pupils! b) warm-up activity
The activity “Find the odd out”
1. Scotland, Wales, England, Canada, Northern Ireland.
2. football, , sailing basketball, hockey, golf.
3. jumping, boxing, rowing, tennis, boating.
c) asking the date
What date is it today?
d) checking up the attendance
Who is on duty today?
Who is absent?
e) distributing the evaluating papers
II. Checking up the homework
To learn the new words, write the translations of the words
boating – (қайық спорты)
(rowing) – ескеспен есу спорты
invent – ойлап табу
develop – (дамыту)
probably – (мүмкін)
spread – (таралу)
widespread – (кең тарған)
team – (топ, команда)
compete – (жарысу)
competition – (жарыс)
lawn – (көгал)
to hold a competition – (жарыс ұйымдастыру)
ІІІ. Presentation of the new lesson
a) the activity “What’s in my mind?”
Pupils, you must guess the new theme of the lesson. This activity is called “What’s in my mind?”.
1. It has 5 letters. Rowing, sailing, swimming, boxing are its kinds. What word is it? – sport
2. It has 3 letters. It is a conjunction. It is used to connect the words. What conjunction is it? – and
3. It has 4 letters. We play it and basketball, football, volleyball are its kinds. What word is in my mind? – game
The theme of our today’s lesson is “Sports and games”. The grammar theme of the lesson is “Reflexive pronouns”
b) explanation of the new grammar
Reflexive pronouns (Өздік есімдіктер)
Өздік есімдігіне әртүрлі тұлғадағы өз деген бір сөз ғана жатады. Ағылшын тілінде өздік есімдіктер тәуелдік есімдіктерге, батыс септігінде тұрған жіктік есімдіктеріне жекеше түрде (my, your, him, her, it) -self, көпше түрде (our, your, them) –selves элементтерінің жалғануы арқылы жасалады:
Жекеше түр Көпше түр
I saw it myself. – Мен мұны өзім көрдім. Do it yourself! – Мұны өзің жаса!
Do it yourselves! –Мұны өздерің жасаңдар!
IV. Level tasks
The first level. Task 1. The activity is called “Segmented sentences”. You must find the right order of the words and make up correct sentences.
1. myself/ angry/ I/ with/am – I am angry with myself
2. in/ looked/ Sue/ herself/ at/ mirror/ the. – Sue looked at herself in the mirror.
3. did/ his/ Tom/ himself/ homework. – Tom did his homework himself
4. and/ Julian/ laughed/ themselves/ Kate/ at. – Julian and Kate laughed at themselves.
5. cut/ yourself/ don’t/ ! – Don’t cut yourselves
6. children/ wash up/ always /the – The children always wash up themselves
7. Sam/Bob/ but/ small/ are/ and/ always/ they/ to/ write/ their/ letters/ themselves/ grandparents – Sam and Bob are small but they always write letters to their grandparents themselves.
The second level. Task 2. Complete the sentences using the reflexive pronouns.
1. Be careful. Don’t burn_________. (yourself)
2. Betty never thinks about other people, she only thinks about ________. (herself)
3. When we are alone we sometimes talk to __________. (ourselves)
4. He fell off his bike but didn’t hurt ____________. (himself)
5. Fred and Sam! When you ride your bikes, be careful and look after _________. (yourselves)
6. Liz always cooks__________. (herself)
7. Janet always cleans the carpet with the vacuum cleaner _____________. (herself)
The third level. Task 3. Make up sentences using the reflexive pronouns.
for example: I did it myself. Colin never turns on TV himself. etc.
V. Listening, reading the text. Pupils will listen to the text, then they will read it in paragraphs.
The text “Popular sports and games in Britain.”
VI. Doing the tasks
Task 4. Answer the questions about the text
1. What game was invented and developed in Britain?–Football was invented and developed in Britain.
2. Where is Wembley Stadium? – Wembley Stadium is in London
3. What is the English national game? – The English national game is cricket.
4. When did people play cricket in England? – People played cricket in England as early as 1550.
5. When were many cricket clubs founded? – Many cricket clubs were founded in the 18th century.
6. What sport did exist even in Saxon times? – Boxing existed even in Saxon times.
7. When was the first championship at Wimbledon?–The 1st championship at Wimbledon was in 1877.
Task 5. Complete the sentences
1. ______was invented and developed in Britain. (football)
2. Wembley Stadium is in ________. (London)
3. _______ is sometimes called the English national game. (cricket)
4. People played cricket as early as _____. (1550)
5. _______existed even in Saxon times. (boxing)
6. The first championship on lawn tennis at _______ was in 1877. (Wimbledon)
7. _______was first developed in Scotland. (golf)
Task 6. Write the names of sports and games under the pictures
Sports: swimming, boating, boxing, rowing, sailing.
Games: basketball, volleyball, cricket, golf, rugby, football, hockey, lawn tennis.
Task 7: Give it a name:
1. the sport of fighting with fists – boxing;
2. the sport of riding in a small boat with sails – sailing;
3. the sport of one who swims – swimming;
4. the sport of playing a type of football with an oval ball – rugby;
5. the sport of moving through the water in a boat without sails – boating;
6. a game for two people who use rackets, a small soft ball and a low net – tennis;
7. the sport of going on horseback – horse riding.
VII. Consolidation of the lesson
write the names of sports and games
VIII. Evaluation of the pupils.
Pupils estimate their neighbors and the teacher will put their final marks.
a) to retell the text
b) to write an essay .
X. The end of the lesson
The lesson is over. Good bye.
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN
THE EAST KAZAKSTAN COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES
“Sports and games”
Made by: Mukayeva M.B
Group 4 – F.L.-1
Checked by: Kusmanova N.E.
Ust – Kamenogorsk, 2014
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|