Lexical theme: “1001 proverbs”
The theme: The aims: To develop pupil’s intellect, to practice hearing, speaking, to memorize and retain in memory the language material they have learnt
Materials: interactive board, class book, work book, cards, computer, pens, chalk
Method: А game. Work with illustrations, work with definitions
The plan of the game:
Teacher: Good afternoon, dear guests, teachers and pupils! Today we are going to play a game “1001 proverbs”. You are welcome to our game.
Our mother tongue is the Kazakh language. But it is necessary and useful to learn a foreign language, that’s why pupils have got such subject as foreign language at school. English is used not only in England, but also in the other parts of the world. We learn English, because it is the language of science, politics and computers.
Our game is about proverbs. We know that every nation has its proverbs. But their meanings are similar. I think you’ll understand it later, in the process of our game.
The procedure of the lesson:
I. Organization moment:
Teacher: Good afternoon, dear children! I`m glad to see you!
Children: Good afternoon teacher!
Teacher: How are you?
Childen 1: We are fine, thank you. And you?
Teacher: I`m fine, too. Take your seats.
Teacher: Who is on duty today?
Children 2: I`m on duty today
Teacher: Who is absent today?
Children 2: (…. are absent, all are present)
Teacher: What date is it today?
Children 2: Today is 23 of February Teacher: What day is it today?
Children 2: It is Monday
Teacher: What`s the weather like today?
Children 2: (it is cold, warm, sunny, windy) today
Teacher: Thank you, sit down!
Let me introduce of our teams:
The first team is formers:
The second team is formers:
The third team is formers:
(The players introduce themselves and speak a few words about themselves)
II. Warming up:
Teacher: Guys, look at the board and find the right words to definitions
Teacher: Are you ready?
Children: Yes, we are ready.
Teacher: If you’re ready, let’s start.
Our game consists of 4 rounds:
1. «Say it in English»
2. «Finish the proverbs»
3. «As many as you can»
I). First round: “Say it in English”
Here I’ll say the proverbs in Kazakh and you’ll say its English equivalents
1. Бітер істің басына жақсы келер қасына
(А good beginning makes a good ending)
2. Басы қатты болса аяғы тәтті болады
(All is well that ends well)
3. Бейнет түбі – зейнет
(Business before pleasure)
4. Оқусыз білім жоқ, білімсіз күнің жоқ
(Live and learn)
5. Өз үйім - өлең төсегім
(East or West, home is best)
6. Ештен кеш жақсы
(Better late than never)
7. Жылтырағанның бәрі алтын емес
(All that glitters is not gold)
8. Денсаулық зор байлық
(Good health is above wealth)
9. Шешесіне қарап қызын ал
(Like mother, like daughter)
10. Еріншектің ертеңі бітпес
(Tomorrow come never)
II). Second round: “Finish the proverbs”
I’ll read the beginning of the proverbs then you should finish it.
1. A friend in need … (is a friend indeed)
2. After rain comes … (fair weather)
3. Deed, not … (words)
4. First think, … (then speak)
5. Good clothes open … (all doors)
6. Honesty is … (the best policy)
7. Like father, … (like son)
8. Many men, …(many minds)
9. Neck or … (nothing)
10. New lords, … (new laws)
11. No pains, … (no gains)
12. One man, … (no man)
13. Two heads are better … (than one)
14. What is lost … (is lost)
15. Easy come,… (easy go)
III). Third round: “As many as you can”
Who knows more proverbs?
IV). Fourth round: “Polyglot”
Find the words and say it in three languages
1. Love me, love my … (dog - ит - собака)
2. Many … make light work (hand - қол - руки)
3. My … is my castle (house - үй - дом)
4. Time is … (money - ақша - денги)
5. To fit like a … (glove - қолғап - перчатка)
6. To weep over an … (onion - жуа - лук)
7. Wall have … (ears - құлақ - уши)
8. An … a day keeps the doctor away (apple - алма - яблоко)
9. Care killed the … (cat - мысық - кошка)
10. Every dog is a … at home (lion - арыстан - лев)
11. Hope is the poor man’s … (bread - нан - хлеб)
12. Four … see more than two (eyes - көз - глаза)
13. Lies have short … (legs - аяқ - нога)
14. … begins to stink at the head (fish - балық - рыба)
15. One … drives out another (fire - от - огонь)
Dear guests our game is over, let’s count your chips. … is the winner of our game. Thank you for your attention! Good-bye!
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|