TITLE OF LESSON PLAN:
Subtitles:-Numerals, Numbers &Figures in Everyday Life
- Teenagers & Cash
LENGTH OF LESSON:
1-st Year of Study Students,
(This Entry Lesson has to be based on the knowledge obtained during authentic lessons of Maths.
SUBJECT AREA: Mathematics
Mathematical Operations &Calculations
Students will understand the following: In their future job they would deal with
-Mathematics, Chemistry &Physics Bases
-Technology of Oil Refining Processes
-Professional & Social Communication
For this lesson, students are given:
- Paper Money Imitation
Ask students to refresh the recent knowledge
--about the place they study
-- what subjects they have
--what mathematics is…
why people must possess some mathematical knowledge…
2. Elicit from students that two reasons are
- today’s people need to have some mathematical knowledge for…
- technological progress makes people adopt themselves to the variety of innovations in Economics &Finance…
It is important for students
-to know that
“1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10…” are Arabic figures.
“I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X… are Roman figures.
- to explain the English tradition in Numerals building:
“One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten”… are Ordinal Numerals.
“(The)”1st- first 6th- sixth,
2nd- second 7 th- seventh
3rd- third 8 th- eighth
4th -fourth 9 th-ninth
5th- fifth 10th-tenth… are Cardinal Numerals.
- to define what features of English Numerals are;
The Second World War began in nineteen thirty-nine on the first of September on Thursday.
The Great Patriotic War began in nineteen forty-one on the twenty-second of June on Sunday.
-Fill in the gaps
It ended in __________ on the ______ of______ on _____.
The ______ of___is the Great Victory Day.
- to give some examples of their practical use with mathematical calculations:
mathematical operations and notions:
-addition (57 and 44 is one hundred and one) = (57 plus 44 is 101)
-subtraction (two thousand ten–nineteen forty-five is 65) = (1945 from 2010 is 65) = (two thousand ten minus nineteen forty-five is 65.
-multiplication (7 times 3 is 21) = (7multipled by 3 is 21).
-division (10 divided into10 is 1)
ADAPTATIONS (Home Task):
- Give 4 examples of “0”expressing sport events, air temperature, cell phone number and decimals.
|Подраздел||Другие методич. материалы|