План открытого урока учителя английского языка МКОУ СОШ№3 Чихтисовой Роксаны Руслановны, проведенного 28.10.2013 году для учителей школ Алагирского района – в рамках окружного семинара.
Date: 28 October , 2013
Class: 7 A
Number of students: 15
Duration of the lesson: 40 min.
Learning objectives: 1) To practise the vocabulary of Unit 2.
2) To talk about charity.
3) To practise listening for specific information and for lexical items.
4) To introduce new vocabulary.
5) Acting out a dialogue.
Aids: 1) Student’s Book.
1. Greeting. Checking attendance.
2. Presenting the theme of the lesson.
1. Give it a name:
a) a situation in which a large number of people have little or no food for a long time and many people die. (famine)
b) a long period of dry weather when there is not enough water for plants and animals. (drought)
c) money given to a charity. (donation)
d) someone who has been forced to leave their country, especially during a war. (refugee)
e) helping poor and sick people, giving them money and things. (charity)
2. Comment on the saying: Charity begins at home.
3. Describe the pictures. Who do you see in the pictures? (refugees, homeless people, the elderly, victims of famines, a child with AIDs)
4. Who is this woman? What do you know about Mother Teresa?
III. Vocabulary Practice. (Checking homework)
Ex.29, page 103 (SB)
IV. Vocabulary Check.
Students fill in the spidergrams in teams.
V. Talking about charitable organizations. (Ex.30, p.103, SB)
Name. Target. History. Form of help.
VI. Our school sponsors.
VII. Reading. Not only grown-ups take care of children, but also children help those in need. (Ex.2, page 181)
1. What do these young people do to help children in need?
2. How do they feel about what they do?
3. What do the children in the texts have in common?
VIII. Communication. Listening. (Applying for voluntary work)
1. Listening. Ex.28, page 103 (SB)
2. Acting out the dialogue.
IX. Communication. Pair work.
What kind of voluntary work would you like to do?
I’d like to plant trees.
I’d choose to clean up polluted land.
I’d prefer to spend time with the elderly.
I think it’s important to help refugees.
look after sick animals.
look after the disabled.
X. Introducing new vocabulary.
To involve (to include smth as a necessary part or result);
To raise money (to collect money so that you can use it to help people)
Celebrity (a famous person especially in the show business)
Mascot (An animal or a toy that represents a team or organization, and is thought to bring them good luck)
A patch (a piece of material that you wear over your eye to protect it when it has been hurt)
XI. Watching Video. (V.A.B.)
1. Describing pictures. Ex.1, page 36.
2. Watching video. Ex.3, page 37.
3. A dialogue. Ex.4, page 37.
4. Sing the song! Ex.5, page 37
1. Ex.26, page 53 (WB)
2. Read the texts, compare them and talk about the problems of the elderly.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|