План – конспект открытого мероприятия, проведенного учителем английского языка МКОУ СОШ № 2 г.Вихоревка Иркутской области Зубовой О.В.
Тема урока: «English Literature».
Тип урока: данный урок является одним из завершающих уроков по теме «World Literature». Урок обобщает знания о мировой литературы, в частности английской.
- познакомить учащихся с английскими писателями, их произведениями;
- актуализировать изученный материал по теме;
- активизировать навыки аудирования, монологической речи по теме;
- обеспечить активную деятельность каждого ученика в течение всего урока.
- развивать догадку, воображение, внимание, память, мышление;
- развивать способность осуществлять речевые продуктивные действия; развивать умение партнёрского общения и умения работать в группе; развивать критическое и логическое мышление при постановке проблемы, умение аргументировано высказываться, убеждать собеседников.
- привитие любви к чтению;
- повысить интерес ребят к изучению английского языка;
- приобщать учащихся к шедеврам мировой культуры.
ОБОРУДОВАНИЕ: компьютеры, презентация урока, опорные выражения для бесед и упражнения на рабочих листах.
I. Начало урока
1. Организационный момент. Сообщение темы и цели урока.
Hello dear guests, dear colleagues and dear students. I am happy to welcome you at our meeting devoted to reading different literature. I am sure and always tell my students that when a person learns a foreign language it is necessary to learn about the history and culture of the country. This knowledge will help you very much in learning the language and you will know the country better, you’ll be able to feel the language better.
Today we are going to speak about some outstanding English writers and poets. You’ll know their styles of writing and main heroes, you’ll hear the poems.
2. Речевая зарядка.
На доске (love story, harrow book, adventure, science fiction, fair tale, detective, poetry)
What is it? – styles of writing
Do you like to read? What sort of books do you prefer reading when you have free time?
What is a story about monsters and awful things? (harrow book)
What is a short story in which animals can speak? (fairy tale)
What is a story when 2 men love each other? (love story)
II. Основной этап урока
1. Let’s meet some foreign writers.
(J. R.R. Tolkien, Jules Verne, P.L. Travers, M. Twain, R. Burns, A. Christie, Robert Louis Stevenson, Lewis Carroll, Joanne Rowling, Hans Christian Andersen)
Charlotte Brontё (1816-1855) was an English writer, best known for her novel Jane Eyre.
There were three sisters Brontё.
Robert Burns (1759 -1796) was a Scottish poet who wrote 100s of songs and poems, mainly on country, love and national pride.
Lewis Carroll (1832-1898) was an English writer who wrote 2 well-known children’s stories: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. His real name was Charles Dodgson.
Agatha Dame Christie (1890-1976) was an English writer of popular books and plays, many of which have been made into films. Her most famous characters are detective Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple.
Daniel Defoe (1660-1731) was an English writer, whose most famous novel is Robinson Crusoe.
Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894) was a Scottish writer whose book Treasure Island is among the best well-known adventure stories in English.
J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973) was an English writer and university teacher best known for his books The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
Mark Twain (1835-1910) was an American writer. His real name was Samuel Clemens, he wrote 2 his masterpieces The Adventure of Tom Sawyer and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
P.L. Travers Her real name was Helen Линдон Goff (1899- ) was an English writer and wrote 11 books about Mary Poppins.
Joanne Rowling (1965), an English writer most known of adventures of Garry Potter. There are 8 books about the boy.
Can you guess who of these people aren’t English writers?
2. What do you know about these writers? What are they famous for?
use: poems, detective story, R. Crusoe, Robert Louis Stevenson, D. Defoe, M. Twain, R. Burns, A. Christy, pirates, noisy boys, S. Holms, Miss Marple,
The writer (…) is famous for …
3. What writing styles do you know?
What is the main writing style of the writer? (Conan Doyle - detective story; C. Brontё –love story; W. Shakespeare, R. Burns –poetry; D. Defoe –adventure; L. Carroll – fairy tale.)
4. Whose characters are these people? Hercule Poirot – A. Christie, Mary Poppins – P.L. Travers, Hamlet – W. Shakespeare, Dr. Watson - A. C. Doyle, Tom Sawyer – M. Twain, Jane Eyre - C. Brontё, Hobbit - J. R.R. Tolkien
5. OK you are given some pictures. Tell me please, where are they from? What story?
1) трость - Hercule Poirot 2) зонт –Mary Poppins 3) метла- Hurry Potter 4) сундук –Treasure Island 5)кролик – Alice in Wonderland
= Call the name of the book.
Adventure of Tom Sawyer – dneAevrut fo mTo Syraew
Romeo and Juliet – ooRem dan tJeuil
6. Now, let’s listen to some poems of English writers. (R. Burns, W. Shakespeare)
7. Questions for discussion in groups:
I. What can teachers do to make teenagers read more?
Phrases to use:
to encourage the students interest; to give different tasks (to read stories, to retell stories,
to learn poems by heart, to write compositions…); to tell about the books;
to expand outlook, to make smb. thinking;
to solve life problems; to learn more about the world.
III. What can teenagers do to make themselves read more?
Phrases to use:
to play a great role in the development of the people’s values; to be well-informed;
III. Заключительный этап урока
1. Подведение уроков.
Our lesson is over. And now I want you to show your attitude to our lesson. Do you like English literature or not? What do you like best of all?
Примерные образцы монологических высказываний учащихся.
1. Teachers can make teenagers read more by different means. They can give them different tasks, such as to read the story, to retell it, to learn the poem by heart, to write a composition, to write a poem and so on. They tell the students that reading makes them thinking, it could help to solve some life problems, learn more about countries and people, about world and life as a whole. They also can tell interesting stories to encourage their interest.
2. Parents are the best friends for their children. So they have great opportunities to make them read more. They can persuade them with the help of the proverbs, such as: “Books are our best friends”, “Choose an author as you choose a friend”, “Treat books with care as good friends”. Parents can start a tradition in the family to read books together, to discuss them, to visit the places where great Russian writers lived, to buy different computer programs. They can collect books at home. At last they can simply make them read books.
3. Teenagers must understand that reading plays a great role in the development of the people’s values, especially the values of teenagers. Reading is a source of education and pleasure. We must read books to be well-informed. It enriches our intellect, outlook. Nowadays reading becomes less popular among teenagers. We think that modern writers must write books with interesting story lines, they can write books about teenagers and their problems in the modern society. But nowadays computers replace books. So we can read e-mail books.