X негосударственная областная Олимпиада по английскому языку для учащихся лицеев, гимназий и общеобразовательных школ г. Нижнего Новгорода и Нижегородской области.
I тур 4-5 класс Reading and Use of English
Фамилия, имя ______________________________
Школа _________________ класс ______________
Look and read. Choose the correct words and write them on the lines. There is one example.
a plate a torch spoons actors money
meals a mechanic the moon planets journalists
telephones the sun knives keys space
Example: We have studied this for many, many years. It is full of stars. space ____
1. People need to use these to open all kinds of doors. They are small and made of metal.
2. You can see this if it is dark outside and there are no clouds. It is round and usually looks white.
3. These people work for newspapers or magazines. They have to talk to important people and write about the news.
4. If you need to put butter on bread or cut something like meat, you can use these.
5. If you have to go outside at night, take this with you to help you see. It is a kind of small light.
6. Many people carry one of these, but you can also find them in homes and offices. You can use them to talk to people who are far away.
7. You use these to eat ice cream or soup from a bowl, or to put some sugar in a drink.
8. This person helps people who have problems with their cars or motorbikes. He often gets very dirty in his job.
9. Most people have three of these a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
10. You can usually see this in the sky during the day. It gives us light.
The boys are playing volleyball in the park and the ball is in the air. yes_
More than one of the boys is wearing gloves. no_
There is a bottle in a pocket of one of the rucksacks. __________
The dog has a piece of wood in its mouth. __________
The boy who has hurt his leg has a number on the back of his T-shirt. __________
Someone has left a belt on the swing which is near the boys. __________
Two of the people in the picture are just watching the game. __________
There is a lot of traffic on the road outside the park. __________
All three boys are wearing the same kind of hat, but each hat is a different colour. __________
Betty is talking to her friend, Helen.
What does Helen say?
Read the conversation and choose
the best answer.
Write a letter (A-H) for each answer.
You do not need to use all the letters.
There is one example.
Betty: Your tent looks good, Helen. It's very big.
1. Betty: How often do you sleep in your tent?
2. Betty: I've found some big, warm blankets for us.
3. Betty: And did you remember to bring the little lamp?
4. Betty: What else will we need in the night?
5. Betty: Are we going to eat in the tent too?
Nothing. We've got everything.
It is, isn't it! (Example)
I'm surprised too!
This is the first time.
Bye! See you later.
Yes, I did. Here it is.
Yes, we are. We've got lots of food!
Great. It will be cold later.
There is one example.
There's a river at the end of our ___garden _______ so I fish there sometimes. Across the river is a farm so I can. sit and (1) …………… the animals in the fields too. There are usually cows there and sometimes sheep.
One afternoon, I was (2) …………… on the grass, reading a comic when suddenly I heard something. Mr Hide the (3) …………… was in the field opposite. "Hello!" I shouted across the river. "What are you doing?" "I'm going to make a bridge, Jack. Would you like to help?" "Wow! Yes, please!" I answered.
I couldn't swim across the river because it was too (4) …………… so I had to ride to the farm. It took a long time to get there on my bike! But now we have a little bridge over the river, it only takes two (5)……………! I often help at the farm now. I can sit on the bridge and look at the swans and catch much bigger fish too!
(6) Now choose the best name for this story. Tick one box.
The biggest fish
The new bridge
Jack and his pets
Read the text. Choose the right words and write them on the lines.
A famous artist
There _______are_________ usually a lot of interesting books about famous artists in libraries because people like reading about them and looking at (1) …………………….. paintings.
One of (2) …………………….. most famous artists in the world was Claude Monet. He started to paint 160 years (3) …………………….. , when he was 20 years old. He painted a lot of pictures, but if you want to buy (4) …………………….. now, you must be very, very rich. People can still (5)…………………….. museums to see them there.
Monet enjoyed painting pictures of flowers and water, so he (6) …………………….. painted the countryside and the sea. He also liked painting pictures of people in gardens (7) …………………….. on boats.
(8) …………………….. artist was famous because he used hundreds of different colours in his painting. When he looked at a tree, he didn't just (9) …………………….. green leaves. In the light from the sun, he saw yellow, pink, purple and orange leaves, too.
It is strange. For many years (10) …………………….. liked his paintings. He couldn't sell them, so he was very poor, but now people love them.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|