Слайд 1. Good morning! My name is…As you know, The topic of our presentation today is Wonders of the world. The world's natural wonders differ from the other grouping of wonders in that they were not made or improved upon by humans. They actually humble humanity. As I study English language, I would like to tell you today about wonders of English speaking countries. The world of English- speaking countries is very interesting, various and amazing.
2. In my first slide I’d like to show you English – speaking countries. The UK, the USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada.
3. Next, let me illustrate the photos of the UK wonders : The geography of the United Kingdom is no doubt full of natural beauty and diversity. Some famous natural wonders of the United Kingdom reflect the extensive coastline, lush landscape and complex history of the Kingdom in a unique way The Needles, The White Cliffs of Dove, Loch Lomond , Scafell Pike, Fingal’s Cave, High Force Waterfall .
4.. I’d like to draw your attention to the third slide. It is about the USAꞌs wonders. United States of America is one country that has been richly blessed by weirdest and best natural wonders worth sightseeing. Here are 5 best natural wonders in the USA that will make you appreciate the beauty of Mother Nature. The Grand Canyon, , Yellow Stone National Park, Niagara Falls New York,. YOSEMITE , Death Valley, Nevada .
5. So, this is the wonders of New Zealand. May be you have heard of the many natural wonders of New Zealand: the active volcanoes, deep fiords, high snowy mountains, ancient native forests, glaciers close to the beach, smelly geothermal areas, deep glowworm caves and spectacular beaches. I offer you to look some wonders: MILFORD Sound, FOX AND FRANZ JOSEF GLACIER, QUEENSTOWN, PUNAKAIKI PANCAKE ROCK FORMATION,MOERAKI BOULDERS, BLUE POOLS AT HAAST PASS
8. Moving on to our next slide. We live in the Russian Federation. It is our Motherland. It is Mysterious and magical country. let me introduce you to some of the natural wonders of Russia. Lake Baikal, Saint Basil’s Cathedral, Manpupuner rock formations, The Motherland Calls, Mount Elbrus, Peterhof Palace, The Valley of Geysers Kamchatka.
9. As I am a patriot of our Mari El Republic, this slide is devoted to it. The territory of the republic is one of the more ecologically pure areas of the European part of Russia with numerous lakes, rivers, and forests. As a result, it is a popular destination for tourists looking to enjoy nature. One of the most popular destinations is Marii Chodra national park,, Pugachevs oak, Lake Yalchik and the most famous wonder in our republic is lake Morskoi glaz.
10. In conclusion let me remind you that all wonders in the world are needed protection. That is why we must do everything to save and protect this beauty. Who can do it? Only we can.
11. Thank you for your attention!
In fact, there is nearly no other country on earth with such diverse and contrasting geological and ecological features, all within a relatively small area. No wonder it’s a great place for stunning film locations. . After the screens of the world trilogy "The Lord of the Rings", filmed entirely in New Zealand, a country engulfed boom "Frodo-tourism
Milford Sound (Māori: Piopiotahi) is a fiord in the south west of New Zealand's South Island, within Fiordland National Park. Despite being one of the most accessible fiords, Milford Sound remains quiet and still, bounded by steep cliffs and dense rainforest.
Despite being one of the most accessible fiords, Milford Sound remains quiet and still, bounded by steep cliffs and dense rainforest.
At the pinnacle of Milford Sound is the magnetising Mitre Peak – standing a proud 1,692 metres above sea level it is certainly an impressive sight to behold.
Etymology .The Māori named the sound Piopiotahi after the thrush-like piopio bird, now extinct. Piopiotahi means "a single piopio", harking back to the legend of Māui trying to win immortality for mankind - when Maui died in the attempt, a piopio was said to have flown here in morning.
Geography, Milford Sound runs 15 kilometres inland from the Tasman Sea at Dale Point - the mouth of the fiord - and is surrounded by sheer rock faces that rise 1,200 metres (3,900 ft) or more on either side. Among the peaks are The Elephant at 1,517 metres (4,977 ft), said to resemble an elephant's head, and The Lion, 1,302 metres (4,272 ft), in the shape of a crouching lion.
Climate .With a mean annual rainfall of 6,813 mm on 182 days a year, a high level even for the West Coast, Milford Sound is known as the wettest inhabited place in New Zealand and one of the wettest in the world. The rainfall creates dozens of temporary waterfalls (as well as a number of major, more permanent ones) cascading down the cliff faces, some reaching a thousand metres in length. Smaller falls from such heights may never reach the bottom of the sound, drifting away in the wind.
Flora .The fiords support the world's biggest population of black coral trees - about seven million colonies, some of them up to 200 years old .
Fauna. In the sea you can see dolphins, penguins, seals, sharks, black coral and huge numbers of birds, such as unusal kakapo and wingless red mullet.
The beauty of this landscape draws thousands of visitors each day, with between 550,000 and 1 million visitors in total per year. Tourists are offered different kind of activities like boat and bus trip, flight, hikking , canoeing and others.
Thank you for your attention.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|