Эл. №ФС77-60625 от 20.01.2015
Поурочный на тему "I want to visit Washington"
Theme: I want to visit Washington D.C.
to give information about new theme;
read and translate:
develop reading, listening, speaking skills;
I. Organization moment
- Good afternoon, pupils!
- Good afternoon, teacher!
- Who is on duty today?
- Who is absent?
- What date is it today?
- What day is it today?
If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house,
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation
There will be peace in the world.
III. Checking-up homework
IV. The main part
Ok, pupils the theme of our lesson is I want to visit Washington D.C. What do you know about Washington? Washington is a capital of USA. Today we will talk about the USA, its history and its capital . Hello boys and girls! I`m glad to see you. We`ll have an unusual lesson today. I want you to imagine an excursion around Washington D.C. We are the group of tourists in the centre of the city, we have lost without guide. Let`s begin. Grammar theme of our lesson is Present Perfect Tense.
We have+ V3
I have been to England.
She has been to Russia.
I have visited Spain.
Mark has never been to Russia.
She has been to France.
Make sentences in the Present Perfect.
Teacher – Do you know that …
George Washington was one of the richest Presidents.
His famous false teeth were made of hippopotamus teeth.
He was the first president to appear on a postage stamp.
His favorite vegetable was onion.
His favorite sports were horseback riding and fishing.
- Excuse me, can you tell me how to get to the White House?
We have lost.
- Are you Russian?
- Oh, let me introduce myself… We would like to see the sights of this city but our guide is late. Can you help us?
- Is it your first visit to America?
- Yes, it is. The country is big and very interesting. We want to see the most famous sights of the capital.
- Let`s go for a walk! Welcome to Washington, D.C.
- I`m sorry, what do the letters D.C. in the name of Washington stand for?
- They mean the District of Columbia.
– What state are we in now?
– We are not in a state. Washington is the capital of the country, it`s not in any state.
- Can you tell me, is there any rivers?
– Sure. The city is on the Potomac river. It`s very long and beautiful river.
V. Doing exercises
Ex: 1, p: 123 Read and translate
Ex: 2, p: 124 Write out the sentences in the Present Perfect Tense from the text.
In the affirmative
In the negative
Ex: 3, p: 124
Ex: 4,5 p: 124
You marks are…
Reflection: Would you like to live in America or to visit it? And why?
V. Our lesson is over. I hope it was interesting for you. Thank you for your work. Have a nice day. The lesson is over! Good-bye!
- Просмотры: 1127
- Просмотры: 169
- Просмотры: 99
- Просмотры: 208
- Просмотры: 1026
- Просмотры: 767
- Просмотры: 111