Grade: 7 “A”
Theme of the lesson: School rules
Order of the lesson: Unit. Step Four. Lesson № 12
Teacher: Sattarbek A.S.
Aim of the lesson: to teach and explain the advanced material of the basic lesson (Аяпова А.Т. “English”, 7 сынып. Step Four “School rules” pp. 112-114)
Content of the lesson:
Algorithmic stage: What does your school rules say about you? (doing an exercise). Questionnaire. [New English File, Elementary SB. Ex. 2b, 4, pp.76-77].
Creative stage: tasks on watched video “Classroom rules” [www.youtube.com]. Jumbled Proverbs. Role play.
Olympic stage: doing tests of Test on Checking Knowledge (TCK), i.e. in Kazakh «Білім тексеру сынағы (БТС)», 2015
Method of the lesson: to teach students to think critically, working with gifted students
Resources: students` books, internet sites
Feedback: “A magic flower” method
assistаnt of principal
The teacher of the lesson:
The theme of the lesson:
- to give more information about school rules,
- to widen their taken knowledge from the basic lessons on the English subject
- to develop students` skills on reading, translating, writing, speaking.
to teach why we should keep school rules;
Interactive board, textbooks, worksheets, PPT-s, pictures, workbooks.
The type of the lesson:
Methods of the lesson:
New approaches to teaching and learning
Learning to think critically
Assessment for and of learning
Using ICT in teaching
Teaching talented and gifted children
Responding to age-related differences in teaching and learning
Management and leadership of learning
“A magic flower”
Structure of the lesson:
Revision of the previous material
Dividing into teams
Matching and speaking
Working on a project
Watching a video
Doing a test
Key words and word-combinations:
Procedure of the lesson:
Showing pictures on the board
Revision of the previous lesson
Phonetic drill (1 min)
Working with the text (2 min)
II. Algorithmic stage
Dividing into teams (1 min)
Matching and speaking
T: Good day, dear children! Sit down! Who is on duty today? What date is it today? Who is absent today?
How are you today? What’s the weather like today?
Today our lesson is devoted to a very important problem.
What can you see on the pictures? Tell the first letter of this words.
Yes, you are right. Today’s our new lesson is called: School rules.
1. Be at the bus stop five (5) minutes before the scheduled pick up time.
2. Cross ten (10) feet in front of the bus only after the driver has signaled to do so.
3. Ask permission before opening a window.
4. Keep all food, drink, gum, etc…in your book bag at all times.
5. Obey all bus rules.
6. Take all personal items with you. Put trash in container or take it with you.
7. Have belongings ready to enter and exit bus. Wait your turn to enter and exit the bus. Share space!
8. Say hello and good-bye to your bus driver. Be friendly!
Must and have to both express obligations.
However, they are used differently depending on who imposes the obligation.
List examples and non-examples of the expected behaviors (two to three each):
A group of students is waiting for their bus to take them to school. They have been waiting for about 5 minutes before the bus pulls up. One of the younger students starts to walk across the road, but an older student stops him, and points to the bus driver, “Wait for her signal.” The bus driver signals and the group crosses to the bus, leaving about 10 feet between them and the front of the bus. One by one, the students enter the bus, say “Good morning!” to the bus driver, and quickly find seats. Because they are the last stop the bus is crowded and they are forced to share seats. Students already on the bus move over and let the students sit with them.
The bus pulls up to a stop and puts the lights on. The bus driver sees a student running towards the bus and sighs. She waits for the tardy student but warns him to be on time tomorrow. He gets on the bus and pushes a student over so he can sit with him in the seat. Without asking he opens his window. Because he is running late that morning and has had no time for breakfast, he sneaks a pop-tart out of his backpack and eats it. Once they arrive to school he leaves the pop-tart wrapper on the floor of the bus.
TASK # 1
1. Yesterday I _______finish my geography project.
2. She will ________ wait in line like everyone else.
3. All employees ________ be on time for work.
4. We _______ forget to take the chicken out of the freezer.
5. If you are under 13 you ________get your parents' permission.
6. Your daughter may ________try on a few different sizes.
7. The doctor _______ get here as soon as he can.
8. Do you ________work next weekend?
9. Bicyclists _________ to signal when they turn.
10. Angela, you __________leave your clothes all over the floor like this.
Task # 2 . MUST OR HAVE TO
1. I _______ go to bed earlier.
2. They _______ do something about it.
3. You ________ come and see us some time.
4. I ________ arrive at work at 9 sharp. My boss is very strict.
5. We _______give him our answer today or lose out on the contract.
6. I ________send a report to Head Office every week.
7. I _________ eat chocolate. It's bad for me.
Task # 3. MUST OR HAVE TO
1. I _________ finish my work before this evening.
2. I _________ to learn English if I want to live in the USA.
3. I ________ see the doctor soon because I don't feel well.
4. I ________do my homework
5. I ________go to London
6. You ________eat in class
7. I ________say, I don't think you were very nice to him.
Task # 4.
Bono the Monkey at School
My name is Ann White. I am 13. I want to tell about bully monkey. One day when I came home I saw a little monkey. I didn’t know his name. I and my friends called him Bono. Bono was very kind. He wants to go to school with us. Bono the monkey went to school. But he didn’t know school rules. He runs in to the classroom.
- No, no Bono! Walk slowly.
He hung from the lights.
- No, no Bono! Stay in your seat.
He talked and yelled all the time.
- No, no Bono! Raise your hand if you want to talk.
He pushed a little girl.
- No, no Bono! Be nice!
He grabbed all the toys.
- No, no Bono! You must share the toys with the others.
Bono was smart. He taught and taught. Then…….
He walked slowly. He stayed in his seat. He raised his hand to talk. He was nice. He shared the toys with the others.
- Yes, yes Bono! You are behaving nicely. And the teacher gave him a big gold star.
III. Creative stage
Watching a video
A song “At our school”
Working on video
IV. Olympic stage
Checking for understanding
Doing tests of KIO
(2 min+ 1 min for checking the right answers)
A magic flower (2 min)
Task # 5. Make a school rules to Bono Monkey.
Task # 6. Let’s make school rules.
Must / have to
1. You … never talk to strangers.
c) Haven’t to
d) Have to
2. No, you … leave the car here – this is a ”no parking” zone.
b) Don’t have to
d) Have to
3. You … bring all your documents – your passport will be enough.
b) Don’t have to
d) Have to
4. Last autumn we … move to a cheaper flat.
b) Did must
d) Had to
5. What … do to get her money back?
a) Will she must
b) She will must
c) Will she have to
d) She will have to
6. I … the washing by hands because the washing machine is out of order.
a) Have to do
b) Must do
c) Have do
d) Must to do
7. I’m afraid you … at once or I’ll call the police.
a) Have to go
b) Must go
c) Had to go
d) Must going
8. He … look after his brothers since their mother died.
b) Has to
c) Has had to
d) Has must
9. We … get up very early tomorrow as we’re arriving at five in the morning.
a) Must b) Will must
c) Will have d) Will have to
10. You really … have a week out of the city every half year.
a) Have had to b) Must
c) Have to d) Have must
You were very active today. And now let’s see which team is the winner of our competition. Please, count your points. How many points do you have?
- So our competition ends in a draw. Friendship always wins! My congratulations! You all deserve excellent marks!
Our lesson is over, thank you all for coming and we hope you`ve enjoyed the lesson.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|