Present Simple or Present Continuous
3.1 Are the underlined verbs right or wrong? Correct the verbs that are wrong.
1. Water boils at 100 degrees celsius. RIGHT
2. The water boils. Can you turn it off? WRONG: is boilling
3. Look! That man tries to open the door of your car. —-
4. Can you hear those people? What do they talk about? —-
5. The moon goes round the earth. —-
6. I must go now. It gets late. —-
7. I usually go to work by car. —-
8. 'Hurry up! It's time to leave.' 'OK, I come.' —-
9. I hear you've got a new job. How do you get on? —-
3.2 Put the verb in the correct form, present continuous or present simple.
1. Let's go out. It isn't raining (not/rain) now.
2. Julia is very good at languages. She speaks (speak) four languages very well.
3. Hurry up! Everybody —- (wait) for you. –
4. '-— (you/listen) to the radio?' 'No, you can turn it off.' –
5. '-— (you/listen) to the radio every day?' 'No, just occasionally.' –
6. The River Nile —- (flow) into the Mediterranean. -
7. Look at the river. It —- (flow) very fast today - much faster than usual.
8. We usually —- (grow) vegetables in our garden but this year we —- (not/grow) any. –
9. 'How is your English?' 'Not bad. It —- (improve) slowly.'
10. Ron is in London at the moment. He —- (stay) at the Park Hotel. He —- (always/stay) there when he's in London. –
11. Can we stop walking soon? I —- (start) to feel tired. –
12. 'Can you drive?' 'I —- (learn). My father —- (teach) me.' –
13. Normally I —- (finish) work at 5.00, but this week I —- (work) until 6.00 to earn a bit more money. –
14. My parents —- (live) in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else. Where —- (your parents/live)?
15. Sonia —- (look) for a place to live. She —- (stay) with her sister until she finds somewhere.
16. 'What —- (your father/do)?' 'He's an architect but he —- (not/work) at the moment.'
17. (at a party) Usually I —- (enjoy) parties but I —- (not/enjoy) this one very much.
18. The train is never late. It —- (always/leave) on time.
19. Jim is very untidy. He —- (always/leave) his things all over the place.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|