Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
БПОУ ВО «Кадуйский энергетический колледж» Кадуй, 2015 Brain –Ring “Are you good at English?” Неделя иностранного языка 2015
W E L C O M E to our BRAIN RING !
1. Answer the question: What British Holidays Do You Know? Christmas Halloween St.Valentine’s Day Easter April Fool’s Day May Day
2. Answer the question: The USA This country is one of the largest in the world. It is washed by the Atlantic ocean in the East and by the Pacific ocean in the west. What is it?
3. Answer the question: Great Britain It is a country which looks like an island. It is not very big, but beautiful. It is a country of fog and rain. There are a lot of places of interest.
4. Answer the question: Australia This country occupies a whole continent. It has strange animals and plants and unique nature. It’s very far from our country.
5. Answer the question: Who was the founder of Disneyland? Walt Disney
6. Answer the question: Who was the king of rock’n’roll? Elvis Presley
7. Answer the question: What city has the nickname "The Smoke"? London
8. Answer the question: What people do always talk about the weather? The English
9. Answer the question: What is the difference between Washington and Washington DC? the name of the state and the name of the city
10. Answer the question: In what English-speaking country are there no high mountains? The UK
Round 2. English Proverbs 1. The devil is not so black as he is painted. 2. There is no smoke without fire. 3. Better to see than to hear. 4. Life is not a bed of roses. 5. Better late than never. 6. Misfortunes never come alone. 7. There is no place like home. 8. Live and learn.
Round 2. English Proverbs 1. The devil is not so black as he is painted. (Не так страшен черт, как его малюют) 2. Misfortunes never come alone. (Пришла беда – отворяй ворота) 3. There is no smoke without fire. (Дыма без огня не бывает) 4. Better to see than to hear. (Лучше 1 раз увидеть, чем 100 раз услышать) 5. Life is not a bed of roses. (Жизнь прожить – не поле перейти) 6. Better late than never. (Лучше поздно, чем никогда) 7. There is no place like home. (В гостях хорошо, а дома лучше) 8. Live and learn. (Век живи, век учись)
Round 3. International Words write 5 international words of English or American origin (f.e. football, disco, park, club etc.).
Round 4. Jumbled Words 1. A e m c n r a i 2. s h W i a n t g n o 3. g i E m n e l i h s 4. k n a o r o g a 5. s i n i A u r t a l n a 6. h r s C i a s m t 7. a b r h m u e g s r 8. M p p i s i s s i s i 9. M n e e l b u r o u 10. H g a s d i h l n
Round 4. Jumbled /Real Words 1. American 2. Washington 3. Englishmen 4. Australian 5. Melbourne 6. Hamburgers 7. Christmas 8. Kangaroo 9. Highlands 10. Mississippi
Round 5. Culture Vultures the “icons”: Barak Obama, London, The Mississippi, Hamburgers, The Beatles, Football, The Queen, William Shakespeare, The White House, The Thames, Michael Jackson, Washington D.C., 10 Downing St., Baseball, Fish and chips, Mark Twain TheUK TheUSA Your country 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
Round 5. Culture Vultures TheUK TheUSA Your country 1. The Queen BarakObama Vladimir Putin 2. London Washington Moscow 3. The Beatles Michael Jackson AllaPugacheva 4. Football Baseball Lapta 5. 10 Downing St. The White House The Kremlin 6. TheThames TheMississippi The Volga 7. Fish and chips Hamburgers Pelmeni 8. Shakespeare MarkTwain Turgenev
Round 6 “Parts and Wholes” Combine the two parts to get a name. 1. San a. Britain 2. Great b. Zealand 3. New c. Francisco 4. John d. Starr 5. Ringo e. Harrison 6. George f. Mc Cartney 7. Paul g. Lennon
Round 7. Testing 1. What is the full official name of Britain? Great Britain the United Kingdom the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2. What is the capital of the United Kingdom? Edinburgh London Cardiff
Round 7. Testing 3. What is the capital of the United States of America? Washington Chicago Boston New York 4. Big Ben is… a horse a clock a mountain
Round 7. Testing 5. The Princess Diana was the wife of… Prince John Prince Robert Prince Wilhelm Prince Charles
Round 8. Say the names of: a) 5 drinks in English; b) 5 pop singers or pop groups who sing in English; c) 3-5 English/American films; d) 3-5 computer games in English; e) 3-5 computer words in English
Round 9. Match the words. Make up a compound noun. foot phone goal ground answer book text case book ball play card post keeper class board black room
Round 10. Match the antonyms: happy interesting beautiful old young black long ill small sad boring big white short fat slim healthy ugly
Thank you for the game! It is over! It was great!
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|