Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Quiz “What do you know about the USA?” Cultural Awareness
I. The first round ”History of America” 1) What was the first holiday celebrated by American colonies? a) Thanksgiving; b) The New Year; c) Easter d) Christmas
2) Who was the first President of the USA? a) Theodore Roosevelt; b) Benjamin Franklin; c) Thomas Jefferson: d) George Washington;
d) George Washington
3) What tea Party was a historical event? a) Franklin and Washington tea party; b) Roosevelt and Churchill tea party; c) Boston tea party; d) Atlanta tea party;
c) Boston tea party
4) What was the number of the first English colonies in America? a) 14; b) 27; c) 45; d)13
d) 13 colonies;
II. The second round ”Geography of the USA” 1) What is the geographical name of the USA? a) The US; b) The USA; c) America; d) The United States of America.
2) What is the highest mountain of the USA? a) Ben Nevis; b) Elbrus; c) Everest; d) Mount Mc Kinley.
d) Mount McKinley.
3) What is the longest river of the USA? a) The Severn; b) The Missouri c) The Mississippi; d) The Colorado.
c) The Mississippi.
4) What is the longest lake of the USA? a) Lake Superior; b) Lake Michigan; c)Lake Ontario; d) Lough Neagh.
a) Lake Superior.
III. The third round “Education. Culture. Science” 1) What is the national anthem of the USA? a)”The Star spangled banner”; b) “Silent Night” c) ”America, the beautiful” d) “Yesterday”
a) “The Star-spangled banner”
2) What is the first American University? a) Wisconsin College; b) “Yale college” c)Massachusetts college; d) Harvard college.
d) Harvard college.
3) Who is the “King of rock-n-roll?” a) Charles Chaplin; b)Elvis Presley; c) Stephen Spielberg; d) Michael Jackson;
b) Elvis Presley.
4) Who is the father of the telephone? a)Henry Ford; b)Orville Wright; c) Norman Rockwell; d) Alexander Bell.
d) Alexander Bell.
IV. The fourth round “Famous people” 1) Who created the best animated cartoons in the USA? a) Charles Darwin; b) Walt Disney; c) James Cameron; d)Roman Polanski
b) Walt Disney.
2) Which of the US Presidents was a Hollywood actor? a) George Bush; b) Bill Clinton; c) Ronald Reagan; d) Theodore Roosevelt.
c) Ronald Reagan.
3) Who is the greatest American architect of all times? a) Sir Christopher Wren; b) Frank Lloyd Wright; c) Charles Dickens; d) Chris Rey.
b) Frank Lloyd Wright.
4) Who was the “ King of jazz?” a) Elton John; b) Ansell Adams; c) Ringo Starr; d) Louis Armstrong.
d) Louis Armstrong.
The USA is one of the most interesting countries to visit. You are always welcome!