Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
The Albert Bridge is a road bridge spanning the River Thames between Chelsea and Battersea inLondon, England, named in memory of Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, Prince Consort toQueen Victoria.History Although authorised by an Act of Parliament in 1864, construction was delayed by work on theChelsea Embankment and did not begin until 1870. The bridge opened first on 31 December 1872 but closed again shortly after, to re-open on 23 August 1873. [ [http://thames.me.uk/s00180.htm Where Thames Smooth Waters Glide] ] The designer was Rowland Mason Ordish, who conceived a rigid suspension bridge with a length of 710 feet, width of 41 feet and a centre span of 400 feet. Its construction cost about £90,000. The Albert Bridge Company also owned the adjacent Battersea Bridge, but neither bridge generated sufficient toll income to cover their maintenance costs. In 1878 both were bought by theMetropolitan Board of Works, and they ceased to be toll bridges the following year. .
Vauxhall Bridge This arched bridge and the 5- of-flight , making it look like the whole of central London bridges such as Sautvorksky , Lambeth , Blackfriars bridges . Unlike them, he had more fun painting - his primary colors red and yellow. But the main feature of the bridge - sculpture , standing on the bridge piers ( they are two on each leg - on each side of the bridge ) . Thus, a total of 8 sculptures , they symbolize : pottery , technology , architecture, agriculture, science , fine arts , local authorities and education. Vauxhall - one of two London boroughs ( located on the south bank of the Thames ), which connects the bridge . The generally accepted version is that the etymology of the word dates back to the Vauxhall name who lived in London in the Middle Ages Norman merchant Falkes de Breauté - he owned a large house in the area, which became known as Faulke's Hall, later Foxhall , and still later Vauxhall.
Lambeth Bridge is similar to Blackfriars railway bridge - the same five arches, almost the same support , black and red colors in the design . In this case, the red color has a specific meaning - the color of the benches in the House of Lords , located in the wing of the Palace of Westminster ( British Parliament building ) , which is closer to the bridge. The eastern end of the bridge is located in Lambeth - hence its name.
Hungerford Bridge and Golden Jubilee Bridges These bridges are very recognizable form a single structure - like triplex bridges. In the center is located Hungerford railway bridge , and on the sides of it - the Golden Jubilee footbridges . Hungerford Bridge on the truss structure , ie his every flight is a farm - a rigid structure consisting of a set of triangular elements . Golden Jubilee Bridges - guyed . These are the kinds of suspension bridges when supported spans long straight cables - guys radiating from the tops of the pylons - high vertical pillars. Hungerford Bridge got its name in honor of the market , which was located on the site of Charing Cross railway station . On the etymology of the word Hungerford: hunger hunger in English and ford - ford. Get something like a hungry ford - is not the name for the market ? Sometimes called the bridge Bridge Charing Cross - by name its corresponding train station on the north bank of the Thames . Golden Jubilee Bridges were opened in the year of the 50th anniversary of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II - hence their name . Since the mid- 90s dealt with the construction of new pedestrian bridges on either side of the railway bridge Hungerford . Finally, in 2002, they have been opened .
Blackfriars Bridge Learn Blackfriars Bridge easily - unlike other central London bridges he has "neighbors" . We are talking about a nearby railway bridge of the same name and located between namesakes supports the old railway bridge . His name was in honor of the bridge of the Dominican monastery , once located nearby (black friar - by Eng. Dominican, literally - Black Monk ; Dominicans so called for their black clothes ) . history of building The first bridge on this site was opened in 1769 after 9 years of construction. The bridge was of stone , designed in the Italian style , had nine semi-elliptical arches. It was intended only for pedestrians , and the passage over the bridge was paid. First bridge called the bridge of William Pitt (William Pitt Bridge) - in honor of the then Prime Minister , but was soon renamed in honor of the Dominican monastery . Blackfriars Bridge was the third bridge central London - after London and Westminster , and was erected just in the middle of the distance between them . Although the bridge was built of Portland stone , already in 1833 and 1840 it took him serious restoration work. We were talking about building a new bridge. As a result, exactly 100 years later , in 1869, on the site of the old Queen Victoria opened a new steel bridge ( she , by the way , at its northern end with a monument ) , still functioning . The only thing - in the years 1907-1910 it was expanded in half (from 21 to 32 meters) due to increased traffic on the bridge.
Sautvorksky bridge Sautvorksky bridge The bridge connects the districts of Southwark and London City. Nevertheless, in the City directly on it to get a car is impossible because of the system of protective barriers (they are designed to protect against terrorist attacks ) around the central part of London, known as the ring of steel . For this reason Sautvorksky Bridge is one of the least used of central London bridges .
London Bridge has a rather simple , austere appearance, which contrasts with the rich and interesting history of the bridge. Modern London Bridge there long - just over 30 years. This is the last in a series of bridges that were built around the same spot since Roman times ( and they are all called London ) .
Номер материала: ДВ-488982
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|