Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Do you know England, Scotland and Wales?
The 1 st Round
1. Who is the head of the country? What’s her name?
2. What is the official name of this country?
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
3. What’s the population of the UK?
About 59 million people.
4. Who can name all parts of the UK and their capitals?
England – London. Scotland – Edinburgh. Wales – Cardiff. Northern Ireland – Belfast.
5. What do you know about the flag of the UK? How is it called?
It is known as the Union Jack. It is made up of three crosses. The upright Red Cross is the cross of St. George, the patron saint of England. The white diagonal cross is the cross of St. Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland. The red diagonal cross is the cross of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. St David is the patron saint of Wales.
The 2 nd Round
1. How are people, who live in England, called?
2. What are the largest cities in England?
Manchester Liverpool Birmingham Nottingham Sheffield
3. What river is London situated on?
4. There are many bridges in London. Who can name this beautiful bridge?
The Tower bridge
5. What a world-known British writer was called the swan of Avon and why?
William Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon.
The 3 d Round
1. What is the national emblem of Wales?
The national symbol is a yellow daffodil
2. What parts is Scotland divided to?
Highlands and Lowlands
3. What animal is pictured on the national flag of Wales?
A red dragon
4. What is the biggest city and port in Wales?
5. What languages do people speak in Wales?
English and Welsh
Thank you for attention