The Demonstrative Lesson
in the 11 form ''V''.
The theme ''Land Pollution''
THE TEACHER ABDULLAYEVA Z.M.
The demonstrative lesson in the 11 form ''V''.
The theme ''Land Pollution"'
The aims: 1. to demonstrate the methods of preparing to National Exams :a) practice of grammar ( mixed tenses & prepositions) b) to discuss the questions on country study c)to revise the ability to use prepositions
2)The consolidation of the 3d Conditional(sentences) 3) to enrich vocabulary through new text & additional information.
4) practice of speaking abilities.
The equipment: the interactive blackboard, the posters, the cards with grammar task.
THE PLAN OF THE LESSON.
I. The beginning of the lesson. The explanation of the aims of the lesson.
Teacher: Good morning .Today we are going to speak about very important theme .the theme is Land Pollution. The aims of the lesson are : the practice of grammar , the survey country study questions, to train some new words and to try to express own opinion on the subject.
I .The first task is mixed tenses .Read the sentences & use a proper tense.
1. You (sing) a lovely song when I (enter) the room. What (be) it?
2. They promise they (complete) the new recycling factory by the end of the year.
3. More and more people (smoke) at present.
4.Everybody knows we (have) a meeting on ecological problems next Friday at 4 o'clock.
5. Jack managed to arrive on time because he (take) a taxi.
6. I (try) to open this can for the last forty minutes, but in vain..
7. Look!Somebody(leave) some empty bottles.The ground (be) clean15 minutes ago.
8. You (play) cards?
II. Work with prepositions.
a)Use proper prepositions:
( the cards with the task are distributed to students)
1 to be keen..... 11 to be proud......
2 to be interested .... 12 to be fond .....
3 to be afraid ..... 13 to be good .....
4 to arrive ....Astana 14 just ....time
5 to arrive ....the station 15 .....the end
6 ... the beginning ...the lesson 16 .....Monday
7 depend....... 17 turn....the left
8 to enter ....the room 18 Butter Ismade....milk
9 to apologize....smb. 19 to pay.......
10 to apologize ...smth.20 to jump.....the river
b)Find and correct mistakes( written work)
1 Among you and me, he is asmart aleck.
2.There was nobody in the classroom besides Tom.
3 I gave in smoking last year.
4. What are the advantages in having a car?
5. This is a good piece in advice.
6 Our flat is at the second floor in the building.
7. Write your name on the top of the page.
III .The revision of the exam questions on country study and grammar through a game.
A Magic Square
Each square hides a question .The price of the question is from 10 to 50 points. The student chooses any number and the teacher reads the question.(the questions are applied)
IV. Revising Grammar .The 3 d Conditional.
The 3d Conditional
If.....had (not) Ved/V3f .. .. would (not) have Ved/ V3f...
1.Complete the sentences
1. If I'd known it was your birthday I __________.
2. I would have bought that jacket if it __________.
3. If she'd known he was married she __________.
4. If you'd watered the plants they __________.
5. I'd have helped you if __________.
6. If I'd had your e-mail address I _________
2Make up a new sentence in III Conditional using the following situations.
1. I was absent from school lastweek .Our teacher explained a new theme. I didn't understand it.
2. I lost my new friend’s phone number. I didn't phone him.
3.I wanted to plant apple trees 4 years ago.I wanted to eat apples from my garden.But I didn't do this.
4. Iwanted to get the job of the translator butI failed the exam.
5. The other day I nearly missed my train. But I managed to catch it becausemy friend had given me a lift.
6. My brother was ill and he didn't meet me. I had to take a taxi.
3.Complete the sentences using III Conditional
1. If we (protect) seas and lakes from pollution,any sea and lake never (die).
2. If the Aral Sea (not change) the climate of the region greatly,the fertile soils (not cover) by the salt.
3. If Columbus (not discover) America in 1492, someone else (do)it later.
4. If the Aral Sea (not become) a world disaster, a lot of fishermen (not lose)their job.
5. Ifpeople (switch to) public transport 10 or 15 years ago, the air (get) cleaner long ago.
V. Work with the text -books
1 Ch. up. home Ex # 1. 2 p.79
2.Text ''Land Pollution". to read the text & answer the questions. The questions should be composed.
1) pollution land what is?
2)the get does soil how polluted?
3) most do the wastes what solid do?
4) protecting how Britain is on environment land?
(the students make up the questions & answer them)
VI .The teacher draws students' attention to some facts about pollution.
SOME FACTS ABOUT POLLUTION
1. 15000 PEOPLE IN THE WORLD DIE EACH DAY BECAUSE OF WATER POLLUTION.
2. 1 PERCENT OF LAND IN THE
USA IS FILLED WITH DISPOSABLE DIAPERS.IT NEED S500 YEARS FOR DIAPERS TO DECOMPOSE.
3. AMERICAN PEOPLE USE 50 MILLION TONS OF PAPER EVERY YEAR. IT TAKES MORE THAN 850 MILLION TREES.
4. THERE ARE MORE THAN 28 BILLION BOTTLES AND JARS USED BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE EVERY YEAR
The main waste is cell phones
CELL PHONES CONTAIN SILVER AND GOLD.IN THE USA PEOPLE THROW CELL PHONES WITH SILVER AND GOLD IN THE COST OF $ 60 MILLION
Do not pollute our planet!
VII .Discussion of some quotations:
1.The Earth has enough for every man's need, but not enough for every man's greed.
2.Man has lost the capacity to foresee. He will end by destroying the Earth.(the students express own opinion)
VIII. The end of the lesson. Have you learnt anything new at the lesson? home task is Ex 4p80 Ex 17 p 83 (w) .your marks are..
The lesson is over. Goodbye.
The magic square
.10.The ''Beatles'' are from....
10.Translate the proverb ''All is well that ends well ''.
10.Make up a compound word ; sun a)warm b)hot c) flower.
20.Give the plural form of ''ox''
20.put in articles ......USA is......richest country in .....world.
20. Choose the noun in plural -money, tooth, children, hair
'' I apologized.....Ann.....breaking her vase''
30.Translate ''He is said to be a good doctor''.
30.Shakespeare was born in.... in ....-on.....
40.What is the nickname of London's Underground?
40.Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
40.Great Fire of London was in....
50.The Tower of London was started by..
Make up the questions based on the text and answer them.(Ex.2 p80)
1.is pollution what land ?
2.the get does soil how polluted?
3do the solid most what wastes of do ?
4 is the environment Britain how protecting land on?
5.all do developing countries capabilities technical have cope to wastes these with?