Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Christmas and New Year Traditions Around the World для учащихся среднего звена
Santa Claus Christmas tree Reindeer Candle Sleigh Carroll Christmas card Christmas stocking Bell Candy Elf Fireplace
December 25 is Christmas. Many people around the world celebrate this festival. How do they celebrate it? Learn about Christmas around the world with this quiz. Choose the right answer.
1. Where do Christmas trees come from originally? a) America b) Germany c) Ireland Queen Victoria took the idea from Germany to the UK.
2. What country are black – hair men the most desired visitors on New Year? a) Sweden b) Scotland c) Ireland
3. What country do people begin to laugh at the moment of a New Year coming? a) France b) Guatemala c) Japan
4. What meal do housewives cook at Christmas night in Holland? a) porridge b) Russian salad c) pies with raisins
5. There is a tradition of New Year kiss minutes in … a) Croatia b) Hungary c) Bulgaria
6. The New Year celebration for children in Cuba is called … a) Day of Kings b) Day of Pirates c) Day of Children
7. You should eat leaves of a tree at New Year day in India called Goodie Puadua. What is this tree? a) niam – niam b) nim – nim c) num - num
8. What country does Father Christmas bring gifts in a bathing suit? a) Jamaica b) Australia c) Cuba
9. What country does a New Year come in according to the Decree of Ministry of Culture? a) Thailand b) Burma c) Vietnam
10. Columbian Santa Claus is called … a) Papa Coraghe b) Papa Pedro c) Papa Pasquale
11. The largest department store in London annually makes incredible sales. What is the name of the store? a) Harrods b) Galeries Lafayette c) Mace’s
12. Where do children decorate New Year trees with paper decorations? a) Japan b) Malaysia c) China
13. When were the first Christmas cards sent in England? a) 1930 b) 1906 c) 1843
14. Where does ‘Snowflake Girl’ help to deliver Christmas presents? a) Russia b) Bulgaria c) Ukraine ‘Snowflake Girl’ helps Father Frost.
15. Where are the Christmas presents brought by a witch? a) Italy b) Portugal c) Spain A kind, ugly witch brings the presents.
16. Where do people think that you can see your future on Christmas Eve? a) Czech Republic b) France c) Norway
17. In the Philippines people decorate their homes with ‘parols’. What are they? a) special plants b) boxes of sweets c) lanterns
18. Who delivers Christmas presents to children in the UK? a) The Christmas Fairy b) Father Christmas c) The Three Kings
19. At Christmas Mexican children play a game. Above the garden there is a container filled with sweets and fruits. Blindfolded children try to break open it with a long stick. What is the game called? a) pumpkin b) presents c) pinata
20. Many people hang some food on the tree in front of the window. It may be pinecones, unsalted peanut and butter, corn kernels, apples with mixed seeds,etc. People refuse to sit down to Christmas dinner until the birds outside have been fed. What country is it? a) Spain b) New Zealand c) Finland
1. Gift Bringers. Where does he live? Where does she live? Russia Pere Noel England Nisse (a Gnome) USA Christkind (Christ – Child) France Father Christmas Australia Tomte (a Gnome) Hungary Grandfather Frost & Snowmaiden Norway Father Christmas Sweden Saint Nickolas Denmark Befana (a Fairy) Germany Santa Claus Holland Julenisse (a Gnome) Italy Jezuska (Christ – Child)
Check your answers: Russia Grandfather Frost England Father Christmas USA Santa Claus France Pere Noel Australia Father Christmas Hungary Jezuska (Christ – Child) Norway Julenisse (a Gnome) Sweden Tomte (a Gnome) Denmark Nisse (a Gnome) Germany Christkind (Christ – Child) Holland Saint Nickolas Italy Befana (a Fairy)
Christmas Theme Chinese Whispers Китайский шёпот на рождественскую тему
"Roast turkey is a traditional food for Christmas" "Rudolf likes Christmas pudding on Mondays"
We Wish You a Merry Christmas We wish you a merry Christmas We wish you a merry Christmas We wish you a merry Christmas And a happy New Year. Glad tidings we bring To you and your kin; Glad tidings for Christmas And a happy New Year! We want some lucky cookies We want some lucky cookies We want some lucky cookies Please bring it right here! Glad tidings we bring To you and your kin; Glad tidings for Christmas And a happy New Year! We won't go until we get some We won't go until we get some We won't go until we get some So bring it out here! Glad tidings we bring To you and your kin; Glad tidings for Christmas And a happy New Year! We wish you a Merry Christmas We wish you a Merry Christmas We wish you a Merry Christmas And a happy New Year. Glad tidings we bring To you and your kin; Glad tidings for Christmas And a happy New Year!
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|