Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Plan: Greeting - Приветствие. I Warming up - Разминка. II Proverbs - Пословицы. III Cities - Города. IV Quiz about the country - Страноведческая викторина. V Sights - Достопримечательности.
I. Warming up.
II - Proverbs. 1. A good name is better than riches. 2. He will never set the Thames on fire. 3. Make hay while the sun shines. 4. Live and learn. 5. An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening. A. Куй железо пока горячо. Б. Добрая слава лучше богатства. B. Век живи, век учись. Г. Утро вечера мудренее. Д. Он пороха не выдумает.
Check: 1. A good name is better than riches. - Б. Добрая слава лучше богатства. 2. He will never set the Thames on fire. - Д. Он пороха не выдумает. 3. Make hay while the sun shines. - A. Куй железо пока горячо. 4. Live and learn. - B. Век живи, век учись. 5. An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening. - Г. Утро вечера мудренее.
III - Cities.
IV – Quiz about the country : Who discovered America? A. Christopher Columbus B. George Washington С. The pilgrims
Who was the first president of the USA? A. Abraham Lincoln B. George Washington C. Franklin
3. What is the national symbol of America? A. The rose B. The bald eagle C. The shamrock
4. Which is the USA capital? A. New York city B. Los Angeles C. Washington
5. Where is the Statue of Liberty? A. New York B. Massachusetts С. California
6. The American flag has: A. 13 stripes B. 30 stripes C. 50 stripes
7. When do Americans celebrate Independence Day? A. July, 4 B. December, 25 C. February, 14
8. How many states are there in America? A. 50 B. 52 С. 25
9. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from: A. Italy B. England C. France
10. Which kind of sport is a typical American invention? A. Tennis. B. Baseball. C. Golf.
11. Where did Beatles come from? A. Bristol. B. Manchester. C. Liverpool.
12. What is the name of the present British Queen? A. Elizabeth I. B. Mary. C. Elizabeth II.
13. What is the “Union Jack” A. The national flag of the UK. B. Trade union organization. C. Monument.
14. Who is the Prime Minister of Great Britain at present? A. David Cameron. B. Margaret Thatcher. C. Prince Charles.
15. What is the song the Scottish people sing at the parties? A. “Jingle Bells”. B. “Should Auld Acquaintance be forgot”. C. “Happy New Year”.
16. Where is the national Shakespeare Theatre? A. In London. B. In Birmingham. C. In Stratford-upon-Avon.
17. What is the largest park in London? A. Hyde Park B. Regent`s Park C. Green Park
18. Choose the real governing body of Great Britain: A. the House of Lords B. the House of Commons C. a political party
19.The American state separated from the others geographically is : Florida. California. Alaska.
20.The official residence of the American President is… The White House The Capitol Buckingham Palace
21.What is the state system of the United Kingdom (the UK)? a) constitutional monarchy b) a parliamentary republic c) a limited monarchy
22. What chambers does the British Parliament consist of? a) the Senate and the House of Representatives b) the House of Lords and the House of Commons c) the Cabinet of Ministers and the Shadow Cabinet.
23. Where does the British Premier live and work? a. at 10 Downing Street b. in the Houses of Parliament c. in Buckingham Palace
24. What universities have the highest academic reputation in the United Kingdom? А) Oxford University and Cambridge University В) London University and Bristol University С) Red-brick universities
25. What is the London residence of Queen Elizabeth II? А) the Tower of London В) Windsor Castle С) Buckingham Palace
26. Where are British kings crowned? А) in St. Paul’s Cathedral В) in Westminster Abby С) in Canterbury Cathedral
27. What is the Scottish national costume for men? a.the tuxedo b.the bearskin c.the kilt
28. What lake does the famous Scottish monster in? a.Lough Erne d.Loch Lomond c.Loch Ness
29. What country is called a land of castles and princes? a.England b.Northern Ireland c.Wales
30. Who is the third President of USA? a) Thomas Jefferson b) John Adams c) Abraham Lincoln
31. Which State of USA was once part of Mexico? a) Texas b) Maryland c) New York
32. What is the number of states in the USA? a) 24 b) 50 c) 60
33. Which city is known as the Big Apple? a) Los Angeles b) Washington D.C. c) New York
34. In which year man stepped on the Moon for the first time? a) 1969 b) 1975 c) 1962
35. Which is the first 24 hours news channel in the USA? a) CNN b) Disney c) Star News
36. Which is the tallest building in the USA? a) Empire State b) Sears Tower c) White House
37. What is the name of the most famous American boxer of the 1960s? a) "Mike" Tyson b) "Joe" Frazier c) Kostya Tszyu
38. The Great Gatsby was written by… a) Jerome David Salinger b) Agatha Christie c) Mark Twain d) Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald
39. What was the first American University? a) Harvard College b) University of Illinois c) Cambrigde
40. Who gave his name to America? a) Cristoforo Colombo b) Abraham Lincoln c) Amerigo Vespucci
_______________ _________ is the geographical centre of _______. In the centre of the square there is _______Column. It is guarded by 4 bronze ______. Nelson was killed in the _____ of Trafalgar, but the victory was won. The English consider Admiral Nelson to be a national _____ for his victory in the war against ___________.
Trafalgar Square Trafalgar Square is the geographical centre of London. In the centre of the square there is Nelson`s Column. It is guarded by 4 bronze lions. Nelson was killed in the Battle of Trafalgar, but the victory was won. The English consider Admiral Nelson to be a national hero for his victory in the war against Napoleon.
The ______of______ The _________ is situated in _______ on Liberty Island and is a symbol of American ________. It is a present from ______ to acknowledge their hundred-year friendship with __________.
The Statue of Liberty The Statue of Liberty is situated in New York on Liberty Island and is a symbol of American freedom. It is a present from France to acknowledge their hundred-year friendship with America.
B_______ P________ B_______ P____ is the official London residence of the ____ and the ______ family. When the ______ is at the residence the _____ is flying on top of Buckingham Palace. In front of the Palace there is _______ Memorial built in 1911.
Buckingham Palace Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the Queen and the Royal family. When the Queen is at the residence the flag is flying on top of Buckingham Palace. In front of the Palace there is Victoria Memorial built in 1911.
The C______. The _____ is the place where the ______ _____ sits. It is the ______ of American power. On the top of the Capitol`s dome there is a bronze ______ of ______.
The Capitol The Capitol is the place where the American Congress sits. It is the symbol of American power. On the top of the Capitol`s dome there is a bronze Statue of Freedom.
A Musical Pause
Thanks to all of you for coming, For taking part and learning something! And I hope that games like this You will never ever miss!
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|