Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
What do you know about cinema? Государственное бюджетное профессиональное образовательное учреждение Краснодарского края «Курганинский аграрно-технологический техникум» Подготовила: Преподаватель ГБПОУ КК «КАТТ» Говердовская Ольга Николаевна г. Курганинск, х. Красное Поле, 2015 г.
1. Introduction. Objectives: to practice reading for specific information; to practice reading for detail; to classify the information; to revise relative clause; to practise listening for specific information.
2. Warming - up activities: What do you know about cinema? Do you know who make the 1st film? Who were inventors of the cinema? When did The Lumiere brothers invent the 1st film projector? What do you know about Hollywood?
3. phonetic activities Task. Read the transcription of the following words and expressions and then translate them. melodrama corporation genre colour film director black-and-white films to shoot a film façade comedy western [ melͻ’dra:ma ] [ ,kɔ:pə’reiʃə ] [ 3a: ŋr ] [ ,kΛlə ] [ di’rektə ] [ blæk & wait filmz] [tə ʃu:t ] [ fə’sa:d ] [ ‘kɔmidi ] [ ‘ westən ]
Task. Listen, read, learn by heart the poem. THE MONTHS OF THE YEAR (by Alfred H.Miles) September was the seventh month from Romulus that came. Ninth in the modern calendar, it still Retains the name. October eighth, November ninth, December tenth of old. Are new the tenth, eleventh and twelfth, But still these names they hold!
4. Lexical activities Task. Translate.. Filmed entertainment to shoot the film a director a producer to star to be forced out full- length a facade a corporation Киноразвлечение снять фильм a director продюсер сниматься в главной роли вытеснить полнометражный ширма корпорация
Task. Classify the titles according to their genres. “Cabaret” “Beethoven” Far from Heaven” “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” “Basic Instinct” “Cleopatra” western musical film thriller comedy historical film melodrama
Task. Match the films with their film directors. Steven Spielberg James Cameron AndreiTarkowski Sergio Leone Guy Hamilton (“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”) (“Titanic”) (“Goldfinger”) (“AndreiRoublyov”) (“IndiannaJones”)
5. Grammar activities. Task. The sentences in this exercise are not complete. Choose the most suitable ending from the list and make it into a relative clause. Tomas works for a company … . The book is a about a girl … . What was the name of the horse … . The police have caught the man … . Alexander Bell was the man … . Where are the pictures … . The police are still trying to identify the body … . A dictionary is a book … . I don’t like people … . It seem that Earth is the only planet … . - he invented the telephone - she runs away from home - they are never on time - they stole my car -they used to hang on that wall - it makes typewriters - it gives you the meanings of words - it won the race - it can support life - it was found last week
6. Listening for specific information. Task. Students listen to the information and check if they are right or not. T a p e s c r i p t: Although the greatest cinema empire is Hollywood, the inventors of the cinema were the French, not Americans. The Lumiere brothers invented the first film projector and motion-picture camera in 1895. That year on the 28th December they demonstrated the first three minute film “Arrival the Train”. In that film, a train came towards the camera. People ran out of the cinema, thinking it was a real train.
3) Post – listening activities. Task. Students answer the questions given before listening. Example: S1: The Lumiere brothers demonstrated their first three-minute film “Arrival of the Train” on the 28th of December. S2: In that film a train came towards the camera. People thought it was a real train and they ran out of the cinema.
7. Reading for specific information. 1) Pre-reading activity. Teacher: The development of cinematography brought to life the world cinema. Empire called Hollywood. - What do you know about Hollywood? S3: As far as I know, Hollywood is situated near Los Angeles. To my mind, a great number of films are released every year in Hollywood. Hollywood’s early films were westerns, horror films, comedies. Then there were romance films.
2) Reading for specific information. Task. Read the text and try to find the answers to their questions. A story of Hollywood. The world capital of film entertainment Los Angeles has been a lot of things over the past 100 years. First, it was a little city with orange forest and great weather. But, one day in 1908 a group of people from Chicago came to Los Angeles to shoot a film. Since that day a lot of directors, producers, actors and thousands of other workers have been coming to Los Angeles. In 1911 the first studio appeared in Hollywood (a part of Los Angeles). In the 1920s Hollywood made 80% of the world’s films. Silent and black-and-white films of those early years starring Mary Pickford and Charlie Chaplin were forced out by sound films in the middle of the 1920s. Full-length films came up to take place of short films. And the first colour film, Gone With Wind, was shot in 1939. This film brought a great success to Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable who starred in the film. The number of the studios grew very quickly. They combined in large corporations and now the biggest film companies are MGM, Paramount, 20th Century Fox, Columbia Pictures, Warner Bros and Universal. The first genres of America n films were melodrama, western and comedy, later appeared adventure and historical films. But now the range of genres is much richer. Hollywood got the name of the factory of dreams. It is associated with wealth and paradise of sun and palm trees. But it is only a façade for a darker truth.
Reading for detail. Task. Complete the following spidergram “Hollywood”. Paramount 20th Century Fox Corporations MGM genres of films melodrama western comedy historical directors producers Professions actors Mary Pickford Charlie Chaplin Hollywood
8. Speaking (monologue speech). Teacher: There are some names from the film making industry that are known all over the world. - What are these people famous for? * Charlie Chaplin; * Walt Disney; Example: S7: C.Chaplin is an English film actor and director. He makes his reputation as a tramp with a small black moustache, bowler hat, twirling cane in a silent comedies. S8: W.Disney is a US film maker and animator. He established his own studio in Hollywood. In 1955, Disney opened the first theme park, Disneyland in California. 9. The conclusion of the lesson. Homework.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|