Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Conflicts. How to Avoid Them? Разработал: учитель английского языка Валиева А.В. МБОУ«СОШ №2 г. Азнакаево» РТ
Some definitions of the word «conflict»: -A struggle or fight; a battle. -A quarrel. -A strong disagreement. -A difference of opinions, feelings, interests. (The Advanced Learner’s Dictionary of Current English by A. S. Hornby). -Fighting. -A confrontation. -Disagreement of opinions, etc. (Oxford Progressive Colour Dictionary. Oxford University Press, 1993). * *
* * Classification of conflicts: political economic social religious
* * Social conflicts can be between: 1.the members of the family; 2.relatives; 3.two loving people; 4.friends; 5.neighbours; 6.fellow workers; 7.employers and employees; 8.classmates; 9.teachers and students; 10.people of different generation; 11.people with different interests; 12.people of different social position.
* * Conflicts in our life. Conflicts happen very often in our life. They happen when people have different nationalities and religions, different values, culture and interests, when people don’t listen to each other’s point of view and are not ready for a compromise.
* * Some Tips on How to Avoid Conflicts : Treat people as you want to be treated yourself. Respect the rights of other people. Be patient. Be polite. Be attentive and careful to everybody. Remember : all people are different. Respect other people’s religion, political and social points of view. If you don’t agree – prove your idea politely. If you are angry – count to 10 and only then speak. Don’t be indifferent.
* * Some Tips on How to Resolve Conflicts: Learn more about the source of a conflict. Learn more about the people, who are involved into it. Study your opponents’ points of view attentively. Prepare your arguments to prove your ideas. Prove that you are right, using convincing facts. Do it in a low voice. Don’t interrupt your opponents, even if you don’t agree. Ask someone, whose opinion is appreciated, for help, if you see no way out of the conflict.
Choose the right variant: It is impossible to … a) prevent all conflicts. b) resolve all conflicts. c) to start all conflicts. Every person has the right to… a) disagree with other people. b) have fights with other people c) entertain other people If people resolve conflicts peacefully, they… a) will not have conflicts in the future. b) will have better relations in the future. c) Will disappoint each other. Often people have conflicts because… a) they do not listen to each other. b) they do not talk to each other. c) they ignore each other. People can resolve conflicts in a peaceful way if… a) they have the same values. b) they respect each other. c) they envy each other. * *
Complete the sentences with the following phrases. To understand that other people have the right to be different; to resolve conflicts by peaceful means; to speak to a person who doesn’t listen to you; to speak to a person who never agrees to different values; to communicate with a person who always agrees with you. It is necessary ______________________________________________________ It is not easy _______________________________________________________ It is impossible _____________________________________________________ It is irritating _______________________________________________________ It is boring _________________________________________________________ * *
* * The problem of conflicts is very important for all of teenagers and we have to find the way out of conflict situations, because they make our lives more stressful. However, not all the conflicts can be resolved peacefully. If there is violence in conflicts like aggressive war actions to your country, attacks of terrorists or something of this kind - the only way out is to defend your country and compatriots.
You overhear your boss complaining about your job performance. You: Give your boss a piece of your mind and quit Start looking for a new job right away Schedule a meeting with your boss and mention what you overheard Your roommate keeps eating your food, even though you've asked her to stop multiple times. You: Give her a bill for what she owes you Start eating her food secretly Yell at her. Then you get your own fridge and put a lock on it. Your sweetie is getting mysterious late night text messages. You: Demand to see the phone Casually mention that he's got some hard partying friends Don't mention it but worry on the inside * * Test : How Confrontational are you?
You have a horrible server at your favorite restaurant. You: --Leave your server a smaller than usual tip and swear to never return --Figure it was a fluke, but still contact the manager later to explain your experience --Ask to see the manager and complain in front of the whole restaurant Someone cuts in line in front of you at the grocery store. You: --Say, "Excuse me, the back of the line is over there." --Pretend you don't notice. --Tell the person you know what they did and get everyone fired up. * *
Possible variations of types: Avoidant You tend to avoid confrontation! Advice: Don't let others push you around. If you must, think and then act. Confronting others does not have to come on as rude! Reclusive You will only confront things in very serious situations. Outside of this, you make sure not to take on any form of duty that may lead to issues arisin. Advice: Speak up even in mild situations, they may turn nasty in the end! Open You have a good dose of being open. You do not avoid confrontation but you prefer to get it over and done with quickly! Advice: Start to focus more on getting to be more strong in your communication and being persistent. * *
Asserter You are assertive! A good balance since you never usually cross the line towards aggression. Advice: Maintain your levels :). You could easily become ruthless! Confrontational Yes you are "in-the-face" and you can become too aggressive. Brave in facing situations as well as getting your point across directly. Advice: Confront others in a more calmer tone, if you feel the heat. Try not to be too firm as it may make you selfish in your responses. * *
* * If it is a conflict between Man and Nature, which leads to the environmental crisis, the only means to stop it is to put an end to progress. Nobody is ready for it and nobody can find really useful methods to protect our planet from the consequences of progress.
* * So, as far as we are concerned, the mankind is not prepared yet to resolve some burning problems peacefully. If we go on our communication with the Earth in such a way, we should be prepared for it’s revenge.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|