Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Computer and Mobile Dependence Done by the student of the 11th grade Ryabokon Anna Leader: Pelyushenko Larisa Nikolayevna, an English teacher
«I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots». ALBERT EINSTEIN
Before writing my research work I set myself the next tasks: To follow the history of appearance of the first computers and mobile phones; To reveal all the advantages of using computers and mobile phones; To clear up all the threats of these modern devices; To see how the computers and mobile phones influence people’s psychology; To clear up the reasons of the great number of car crashes; To make questioning among my classmates and the students of our school and to find out the degree of computer and mobile dependence.
The advantages of computer use
1. Computers save storage place
2. Computers improve our lives
3. Computers can calculate and process information faster and more accurate than a person
4. Computers are user-friendly
The disadvantages of computer use
1. Computers sometimes break down
2. Computers are dangerous for our health A) The monitors are dangerous for our eyesight
B) Permanent looking on the monitor can cause epilepsy
C) If you spend most of your free time using the computer, you should consult a phychologist
3. Violence and sex are advertised in the Internet
4. A person can become a computer addict
The advantages of using mobile phones are
1. Quick connection with the person you need at the moment
2. The freedom of movement
3. The control after the children
4. The opportunity to be reachable everywhere and not to miss something important
5. The quick help in the case of necessity
6. Taking photos and sending them to the friends
7. Sending an SMS with excuses if you have a meeting and you are late etc.
The disadvantages of using mobiles are
1. They are harmful for our health
2. The mobiles "eat" a lot of money
3. They can blow up
4. They prevent pupils from studies
5. The telephones can become a reason of quarrels between parents and children, between teachers and students etc.
6. Mobiles can become the reason of serious diseases
7. So-called "selfie" with the use of mobiles may be the reason of death
8. The use of phones can lead to the car crashes on the road
The questioning among the pupils of our school
Question 1: What make is your phone?
Question 2: Do you need your mobile phone at school? What for? The total number of respondents: 117 persons
Question 3: Do you feel constant need in your phone?
Question 4: Do you know about the harmful influence of mobile phones?
Question 5: Have you any dependence from your mobile phone? The total number of respondents: 117 persons
The questioning was led among the students of the 9th, 10th and 11th grades. Several questions were asked
Question 1: How many times a day do you play computer games? The total number of respondents: 117 persons
Question 2: What do you use computer for? The total number of respondents: 117 persons
Question 3: In what period of a day do you use your computer? The total number of respondents: 117 persons
Question 4: Can you go without your computer the whole day? The total number of respondents: 117 persons
Question 5: Do you often use your computer for studies? The total number of respondents: 117 persons
Question 6: Can you imagine your life without computer? The total number of respondents: 117 persons