Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
How do you spend your holidays? Урок подготовила: учитель английского языка МБОУ «СОШ №21 с.Семёновка г.Йошкар-Олы» Гусева Ирина Геннадьевна 14.10.15
Good morning, dear children! Good morning, dear teacher! Good morning, everything! We are happy to be here To learn, to play, to sing.
Dear friends and our guests! Today we’re going to have a very interesting lesson. Look at the slides and say what we are going to speak about?
What are we going to speak about?
We’re going… to work with our expressions; to answer some questions; to learn new words; to read different texts; to translate some sentences; to speak about weather and seasons…
What do we do in summer… ? to put up a tent to play the guitar to make a campfire to cook on the campfire to make friends to pick berries and mushrooms to see places of interest to go fishing to ride a bike to swim in the sea to read books to play computer games to watch TV to spend a lot of time outdoors to visit my grandparents
Questions: Do you like summer? You like to spend summer holidays in the country, don’t you? You like to pick berries, don’t you? What do you prefer to do during your summer holidays? Where do you go in August? Have you got a country house? Whom do you like to spend your summer holidays with? What season do you like best of all?
Ex. 1, p. 50 1. to take pictures
3. Exciting - увлекательный
5. The waiter
6. An entertainment team
Make up expressions… tospend parents togo pictures tovisit abroad to take mushrooms toenjoy holidays togather shopping
Agree or disagree… You spent your summer holidays in the country. You went to the country in July. The weather was rainy last August. It was interesting to spend your summer holidays in the city. You visited your grandparents in June.
My summer holidays. I like summer holidays very much. It is warm and I have a lot of free time in the open air. I usually spend June at the seaside. We usually go to Sochi. My parents and I have been there several times. I like to swim in the Black Sea and try to get suntan by spending a lot of time on the beach. In July I go to a camp. We have a fun and happy time there. There is a forest near our camp and we go there to pick berries and mushrooms. I like summer and enjoy my summer holidays very much.
Give the 2nd form visit - help - go - swim - get up - ride - be -
Fill in the gaps Last summer holidays I …. in the country. I …. my granny and granddad. I …. in the river, …. to the forest. I …. at 9 o’clock. I …. my granny in the garden and …. a bike with my friends. (visited, helped, went, swam, got up, rode, was)
Are you tired? Let’s have a rest! I want to play, to play with you. I want to say that I love you! dance, swim, draw
If I go camping, I can… If I go to the village, I can… If I go abroad, I can… If I go to a big city, I can… go hiking have a rest listen to music stay indoors lie in the sun see the sights have a good time
What kind of camper are you? Choose your answer. A B C
1. At the weekends you normally… a) spend a day on the sofa and watch TV; b) spend your time with friends; c) walk your dog or go swimming.
2. You are lost in the forest. What will you do? a) climb a tree and cry; b) sit on the ground and wait for help; c) use a compass and try to find the way.
3. You are camping near the lake. There is no hot water, but you want to wash your hair a) you won’t wash your hair and wait for your cosy bathroom; b) you’ll warm up some water in the cauldron and ask somebody to help; c) you’ll wash your hair in the lake.
4. What is fun about sleeping in a tent? a) it’s not my idea of fun; b) you can have a good fight and a good laugh; c) it is good for you to sleep in the open air.
5. You are camping. You get up early in the morning. Everybody is still asleep. What will you do? a) read a book; b) cook breakfast; c) make the campfire.
6. You are going by car, so you can take one heavy thing with you. What will you take? a) a TV; b) a cassette recorder; c) a boat.
7. When you go camping, your backpack is normally very heavy because you carry a) a lot of warm clothes; b) a lot of nice snacks; c) a lot of things for your friends.
8. When you get home after camping what is the first thing you do? a) go to the bathroom and have a long hot bath; b) phone all your friends and tell them all about your adventures; c) go to the kitchen and have something to eat.
Mostly As You are a SLEEPING BAG. Camping isn’t your idea of fun. The ground is cold and the backpack is very heavy. So it’s better for you to go by car. But you are clever. If something happens, you have good ideas which help everybody. And your friends really like to listen to your stories by the campfire.
Mostly Bs You are a CAMPFIRE. Everybody likes you. You are always the centre of any group. You sing, you dance, you make jokes. Camping without you isn’t fun. But you are not always ready for difficult situations – you need your friends like a campfire needs a lot of wood.
Mostly Cs You are a TORCH. You are a very good camper and will survive in any situation. You always help your friends if they ask for help. You can make a campfire and cook food, you can carry heavy things.
If you didn’t go to the sea or in the country, but stayed in town during your summer holidays, you also did many interesting things.
Ex.3, p.51 Did you ride a bike with your friends? Did you watch TV? Did you play computer games? Did you help parents? Did you read books?
Sasha went to St Petersburg. Where did Sasha go? What’s the place like? (nice, beautiful, bad) The place was beautiful. With whom did he go there? (с кем?) He went there with his father. Where did he stay? He stayed in Peterhof. What did he do there? He saw the beautiful fountains and palaces. Were his holidays exciting? Yes, they were. Sasha’s story
Your homework Make a poster about your summer adventure. Use the material from the book. You can write about a real adventure or you can make it up. Use photographs or draw the pictures.
Релаксация Now, friends, if you like to spend your summer holidays in the country – draw a tree. Why do you like to spend your summer holidays in the country? If you like to spend your summer holidays in the town – draw a house. Why do you like to spend your summer holidays in the town?
In conclusion… Dear children, I’m glad to see that you have made a good job. You have learnt how to work with our expressions, you have know many new words and you can make up sentences. I think you’ll be active at the English lessons. I’m going to give you 5-s and 4-s. Good-bye. See you at the lessons.
New words… I had a great suntan after my holiday in Sochi. The waiter brought me a cup of coffee and a sandwich. Tom and Mary are from our entertainment team. They can sing and dance.
Translate these sentences: Я люблю фотографировать. У меня хороший загар. Команда, развлекающая отдыхающих, была большой и весёлой. Наше путешествие в Италию было увлекательным.