Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
The map of London
The Tower Bridge
The Queen of the UK
1 st Round 1. Who were the first to invade Britain? a) Celts b) Vikings c) Romans d) Normans
2. He was a very important person. Under his reign Britain became independent of the Roman Catholic Church. a) William I b) Henry VIII c) Richard III d) James V
3. This monarch ruled for the longest period in the British History
4. How was the civil war between houses of York and Landcaster called? a) The Great Patriotic b) Wars of Roses c) 100 year war d) Black Death
5. Nelson defeated this fleet at the Battle of Trafalgar. a) Spanish Armada b) French Italian Fleet c) French Fleet d) French-Spanish Fleet
The 2nd Round
1. All queens and kings were crowned here : a) St. Paul’s Cathedral b) Westminster Abby c) Buckingham Palace d) the Tower of London e) Westminster Cathedral
2. This building was designed by Sir Christopher Wren: a) St. Paul’s Cathedral b) Westminster Abby c) Buckingham Palace d) the Tower of London
3.This building is the political centre of the country: a) St. Paul’s Cathedral b) Westminster Abby c) Buckingham Palace d) the Tower or London
4. Where is the Poet’s Corner? a) St. Paul’s Cathedral b) Westminster Abby c) Buckingham Palace d) the Tower of London
5. The Whispering Gallery at this building is very popular with tourists : a) St. Paul’s Cathedral b) Westminster Abby c) Buckingham Palace d) the Tower of London
the 3rd Round
1.Who of these people was not William? 2. Who is the most translated British author?
3. This is the address of the head of the British government a) 221b, Baker Street b) 10, Downing Street c) 23, Piccadilly Circus d) 15, White Hall
4. Ben Nevis is: a) a British footballer b) a sort of juice c) a mountain d) a sort of cheese
5. The part of the UK which is not presented in the Union Jack(flag) is: a) England b) Scotland c) Wales d) Northern Ireland
The 4th Round True or False
1. Welsh is an official language in Wales. 2. Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon. 3. The BBC stands for “Best British Culture”. 4. A mile is longer than a kilometer. 5. In Britain, black cats are believed to bring bad luck. 6. Speakers’ Corner is part of the British Parliament. 7. Elizabeth II has two birthdays.
8. In Scotland, the name for New Year’s Eve is Hogmanay. 9. The President of Britain is elected every seven years. 10. Haggis is a traditional Scottish musical instrument.
the 5th Round
1. An Australian wild dog is called: a) hot dog b) Sausage dog c) Bingo d) Dingo
2. The first woman Prime Minister in Britain was called: a) Mother Teresa b) Princess Diana c) Margaret Thatcher d) Winston Churchill
3. The most common family name in the English-speaking world is: a) Hill b) Gascoigne c) Smith d) Brown
4. The usual response to “How are you” is: a) Fine b) Good luck c) Fine, thank you d) Take care
5. In the 17th century, the Pilgrim Fathers left England and set sail for North America on board the ship: a) Sunflower b) Mayflower c) Liberty d) Victory
the 6th Round
I. General Knowledge 1. What is the shortest word in English? 2. What is SOS in Morse code? 3. Who is the Queen of the United Kingdom? 4. If it is midday in London, what time is it in New York? 5. Who was the close friend of Sherlock Holmes?
6. Name the countries in Europe which have red, white and blue flags? 7. Which is the most famous long island in the world? 8.Which is the nearest city to Heathrow Airport? 9. Which three nationalities did Einstein have at different times? 10. Which of the Beatles was killed?
II. What do these letters stand for? BBC P.S. EEC B.C. EFL FIFA i.e. MP FBI e.g. UFO NATO etc. CIA the USA N.B. AIDS the UK
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|