Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
1. The Pilgrims sailed to America from 3. The Pilgrims landed in Massachusetts in 4.There were people living in America before the Pilgrims’ arrival. These people were a) Spain. b) England. c) Italy. 2. The name of their ship was a) the Sunrise. b) the Mayflower. c) the Blue Bird. a) September. b) November. c) December. a) Native French. b) Native Americans. c) Native Canadians.
5. The first Thanksgiving Day was celebrated in c) 1622 a) 1621 b) 1620
lasted landed worked taught invited lived sailed had died were grew In 1620, a group of people 1) __________ from England to America. There 2) __________ one hundred people on the ship. They 3) _______ at a place on the north-east coast of America. They 4) _______ little food. Many of them 5) ________. However, the Native Americans who 6) ______ there decided to help them. They 7) _______ the newcomers how to grow corn and other plants to eat. The newcomers 8) _______ hard and their crops 9) _________. To thank the Native Americans, the newcomers 10) _________ them to a special dinner to celebrate their friendship. sailed were landed had died lived taught worked grew invited
The first Thanksgiving dinner 11) _______ for three days. lasted landed worked taught invited lived sailed had died were grew lasted
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1. You must ____________ the potatoes. 2. You have to _____________ the salad. peel wash
3. You need to __________ the bread. slice/ cut 4. You must _________ the turkey. roast
5. You can _________ the turnips. boil 6. You have to _________ the apple pie. bake
1. It’s a long thin vegetable. It’s dark green. What is it? A cucumber
2. It’s a round fruit. It can be sweet or sour. It can be red, green or yellow. Apples
3. It’s a round or oval vegetable. It can be light brown or pink. It can be cooked in different ways. It can be fried, boiled or mashed. We can find it in soup or borsch. Potatoes
4. It’s a long pointed orange root eaten as a vegetable. Rabbits usually like it very much. Carrots
M A Y L R E O W F 1 U U T M N 2 E N G I S H T 3 U K E 4 Y N G L A N D 5 P U M P K I 6 The ship that brought the pilgrims to North America. The season of Thanksgiving. The nationality of the pilgrims. Bird eaten at Thanksgiving. Where the pilgrims came from. A large orange vegetable.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!
The Pilgrims The Indians