Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
CANADA Учитель английского языка Тебенькова О.Л. МБОУ «ОСШ»
Fact File Name origin: Canada comes from an Indian word Kanata, meaning “a village” or “a settlement.” Total area: 9,984,670 km Population: 33,574,000 Official languages: English and French Ethnic groups: 80% Europeans (English, French, Scottish, Irish, German, Russia, others. Motto: ‘From Sea to Sea’ National anthem: ‘O, Canada’ Royal anthem: ‘God Save the Queen’ Capital: Ottawa Largest city: Toronto
Government: federal parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy Canada’s 10 Provinces: Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia. Canada\s 3 territories: Nunavut, Yukon, Territory and Northwest Territories. Head of state: Queen Elizabeth II (symbolic) Longest river: The Mackenzie River (4,241km) Highest mountain: Mount Logan (5,959metres high) Currency: Canadian Dollar National holiday: Canada Day (the first of July) National symbols: the maple leaf and the beaver.
Canada is the second largest country ( Russia is the largest). Stephen Leacock, a famous Canadian humorist once wrote that life in Canada consisted of preparing for winter, enduring winter and recovering from winter. Canada is surrounded by three oceans – the Pacific, the Atlantic and the Arctic. It has the longest coastline in the world: 243,000 km. No wonder the country’s motto is ‘from sea to sea’. Canada is one of the wealthiest countries in the world.
Minerals such as coal, copper, nickel, and iron ore are found in the mines. Forests cover almost half of Canada’s territory. Nearly one-fourth of all the fresh water in the world is in Canada. There are 42 national parks in Canada. The oldest National Park is Banff in Alberta. It was created in 1885 in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Niagara Falls is one of the world’s wonders. These beautiful waterfalls can be found on the border between Canada and the United States. This place is often called ‘the honeymoon capital of the world.’
Canada’s official languages are English and French. But many other languages are spoken there, including Inuktitut (the language of the Inuit, or Eskimos) and other Canadian Indian languages. Canadian Indians are also known as First Nations people. Ottawa, the capital of Canada, is one of the country’s most attractive cities. It has many parks, museums, art galleries and universities. Some of Ottawa’s historic buildings go back to the early 1800s. About 77% of Canadians live in cities and towns. Toronto is the country’s business centre and home to the largest companies and banks.
Choose the best answer 1.How many provinces and territories are there in Canada? Ten Twelve Thirteen Fifteen 2. The capital of Canada is Toronto Montreal Quebec Ottawa Quiz
3. The first people came to Canada from Siberia. True or false? True False 4.Which animal is an official emblem of Canada? The beaver The moose The polar bear The black cat
5. Canada is the largest country in the world. True or false? True False 6. Canada’s official languages are: English and German English and French English and Spanish Spanish and Italian
7. The name “Canada” comes from “kanata”, the First Nations word for village. True False 8. Which river is Canada’s longest? The St Lawrence The Fraser The Mackenzie The Saskatchewan
9. Which place in Canada is called ‘the honeymoon capital of the world’? The Yukon Newfoundland Montreal Niagara Falls 10. What are Canada’s two national sports? Ice hockey and baseball Ice hockey and lacrosse Football and tennis Basketball and lacrosse
11. Which ocean doesn’t surround Canada? The Pacific The Atlantic The Arctic The Indian 12. Canada has more lakes than any other country. True False
13. Canada’s currency is The Canadian dollar The Canadian pound The Canadian franc The Canadian euro 14. There more polar bears in Canada than in any other country of the world? True False
15. Which Canadian singer had a worldwide hit with a song from the Titanic movie? Avril Lavigne Shania Twain Celena Dion Diana Krall 16. Canada borders on the USA True False
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|