New words: HOLIDAY , FESTIVAL – той, мереке TO TAKE A HOLIDAY – демалысқа шығу, демалу ,демалысты алу. TO CELEBRATE – аттап өтту, тойлау TO FEAST –тойлау Victory Day- Жеңіс күні X-mas- Christmas
Holidays Activities: picnic , dancing , fireworks , parades Things we give
Holidays Activities: picnic, dancing , fireworks , parades Things we give : flowers , cards ,chocolates , presents Special occasions:
Holidays Activities: picnic, dancing , fireworks , parades Things we give : Flowers ,cards , Chocolates ,presents Special occations: Wedding , Birthday ,anniversary Special food
Holidays Things we give: flowers , cards , chocolates ,presents Special occations: wedding , birthday , anniversary Special food: cola ,juice ,turkey cake Activities: picnic , Dancing ,fireworks , parades
Christmas On the 25th of December there is the greatest holiday of all in England – Christmas. People send X- mas cards to their friends and relatives. People buy a Christmas tree and decorate it with toys, coloured balls and lights. Children wake up early to find stockings full of small presents on their bed.
New Year New Year’s Eve all British celebrate on the 31st of December. Most people see with friends and relatives. At midnight they sings New Year songs and wishes a happy New Year.
St. Valentine’s Day On the 14th of February there is St. Valentine’s Day. People send Valentine’s cards to someone they love. Usually they don’t sing them – you should guess who sent cards to you.
Mother’s day In March there is a holiday for English women – Mother’s Day. People in the family try to help her. On that day they visit their mothers and give them presents and “A Mother’s Day Card”
Easter In April or at the end of March English people celebrate Easter Day. On Easter Sunday children get chocolate eggs and rabbits.
April Fool’s Day April Fool’s Day is on the 1st of April. English children like this day very much. They play jokes and tricks on other people, even on teachers.
Father’s day In June the English people celebrate Father’s Day. On that day children send cards and give presents to their father’s.
The 1st of September. In Great Britain children don’t go to school on the 1st of September. They begin to study on the First Tuesday of September.
Halloween On the 31st of October there is Halloween. The symbol of this holiday is “Jack o’Lantern”. People make it from a pumpkin. Children like Halloween parties, they put on witch’s and ghost’s dresses. They go “trick or treat”.
4. Fill in the words Valentine’s Day is in … February is the second month of the … We send Valentine … to our friends. Some of people don’t … them. The most famous Valentine symbol is… He has a bow and … ______________________ January , week, write, sign, February, arrow, cards, Venus, year , Cupid
Match the English and Kazakh proverbs Күшпен сүйкімді болмайсың. Қуаныш жылына бір рет келеді, бірақ келгенде өзімен әзіл-күлкі әкеледі. Кедейлік пен адалдық байлық пен ұяттан жақсырақ. Бір күн бар, бір күн жоқ. A clean fast is better than a dirty breakfast. Christmas comes but once a year, (but when it comes it brings good cheer). Feast today and fast tomorrow . Love cannot be forced .
Nauryz Kuni Nauryz merekesi is a holiday Nauryz. “ Nauryz” is a Persian word which means ‘the new day’. Nauryz, which begins March 22, was always the main holiday for peoples of East. Nauryz is the day when nature enlivens, day and night become equal in duration. Nauryz is the holiday of spring, for Kazakhs the beginning of the year. ‘Ulystyn uly kuni’. ‘Ulys kuni’ is the people’s great day.
Agree or disagree ‘Nauryz’ is an English word. It begins on the 22d of March. Nauryz is the main holiday for peoples of East. Nauryz is the day when day becomes longer than night. Nauryz is the holiday of winter. Nauryz for Kazakhs the ending of the year.
Questions: What new information have you got? Are there more holidays in Kazakhstan or in G.B? What holidays in G.B are unusual ? Is the New year’s day in G.B. coincide (сәйкес келу) with the New year’s day in Kazakhstan?
The result of the lesson: – Let’s make a conclusion. What have you learnt today? – Was the lesson interesting for you? The home work is to make a presentation about holiday you want.
Aim of the lesson: 1.Educating: to consolidate the knowledge about Great Britain and Kazakhstan 2.Developing: to develop the students` memory, thinking habits, vocabulary. 3.Up-bringing: to develop willing of the young learners to study English. Type of the lesson:lesson-competition Visual aids: interactive board, cards, maps. The procedure of the lesson
1. Introducing themselves. The participants tell about themselves. 2.Dear teachers and students! Welcome to our English party! All questions are about Great Britain and Kazakhstan. We have 10 participants .They are the students of the first year Now let`s enjoy our game. For each right answer the participant gets 10 scores in rounds. After each round the participants whose scores are low should leave the game. After all there must stay 2 participants with high scores and they will compete with each other and only one of the them will be a leader of our college among the first-year students.
ВНИМАНИЮ УЧИТЕЛЕЙ: хотите организовать и вести кружок по ментальной арифметике в своей школе? Спрос на данную методику постоянно растёт, а Вам для её освоения достаточно будет пройти один курс повышения квалификации (72 часа) прямо в Вашем личном кабинете на сайте "Инфоурок".
Пройдя курс Вы получите:
- Удостоверение о повышении квалификации;
- Подробный план уроков (150 стр.);
- Задачник для обучающихся (83 стр.);
- Вводную тетрадь «Знакомство со счетами и правилами»;
- БЕСПЛАТНЫЙ доступ к CRM-системе, Личному кабинету для проведения занятий;
- Возможность дополнительного источника дохода (до 60.000 руб. в месяц)!