Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
The Quiz ’How well do you know the Great Britain’
Вопросы отборочного тура. What is the official name of Britain? What is the capital of the UK? What Kindoms does the UK consist of? What is the national symbol of England? What is the official language of the UK?
6. What river is London situated on? 7. Tell the English equivalent «Дед Мороз». 8. It is a national musical instrument, played especially in Scotland. 9. Who is the official head of state in the UK?
About everything. 1. What is the capital of Scotland? a) Edinburg b) Belfast c) London d) Cardiff
2. What Kindom of the UK has the depiction of a dragon on its flag? а) Wales b) Scotland c) England d) Northern Ireland
3. What is the English flag is called? а) Union Jack b) Union Flag c) Stars and Stripes d) English dragon
4. What is the «home» of legendary Lochness monster? а) Lake District b) The Thames c) The Severn d) English Channel
5. What is the London underground called. а) the Metro b) the Can c) the Subway d) the Tube
6. What colour are the double – deckers in London? а) black b) red c) yellow d) green
7. The national anthem (гимн) of the UK is: а) Patriotic Song b) The Star – Spangled Banner c) God Save our Monarch d) God Save the Queen
8. Who is the Architect of London? а) Oliver Cromwell b) Christopher Wren c) William the Conqueror d) Richard III
9. Which river is associated with the name of W. Shakspeare? а) Thames b) Severn c) Avon d) Clyde
10. What is the English equialent of W. Shakspeare’s phrase «Быть или не быть, вот в чем вопрос»? а) The beginning at the end b) There’s the rub c) To be or not to be, that is question d) All is well that ends well
11. What is the name (the patronymic and the surname) of the present English Queen? а) Elisabeth George Windsor b) Elisabeth Cromwell c) Margaret Thatcher d) Margaret George
12. What is the home town of The Beatles? а) London b) Liverpool c) Wimbledon d) Manchester
13. In this museum you can see wax models of famous people? а) Museum of the Moving Image b) Madam Tussaud’s Museum c) The Tate Gallery d) Covent Garden
14. Who wrote about Winnie – the - Pooh? а) Daniel Defoe b) Lewis Carroll c) Rudyard Kipling d) Alan Milne
15. Translate English abbreviature of a charity: RSPCA а) «Королевское общество защиты животных» b) «Оксфордский комитет помощи голодающим» c) «Друзья земли» d) «Фонд помощи детям»
16. A British writer, the creator of the detective Sherlock Holmes and his assistant Dr. Watson a) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle b) Charles Dickens c) Agatha Christie d) Herbert Wells
Sightseeing of Great Britain This is the seat of the British Government.
This is one of the famous clocks in the World and it’s a big bell. You can hear it every hour.
It was a fortress, a royal palace and later a prison. It is a museum now. It is not just one building. It was several towers (White Tower, Bloody Tower).
It is a famous bridge across the Thames.
It is a symbol of England. The coronation of all British Kings and Queens took place there. Some famous people are also buried there. It is a royal church.
This is the Queen’s residence in London.
It is the central square of London (as Red Square in Moscow) and it is famous all over the world with the statue of Admiral Nelson in the middle of the it.
English Holidays and traditions. 1. The jack – o – lanterns on Halloween are made of а) apples b) tomatoes c) pumpkins d) turnips
2. According to old legend on Halloween all pumpkins а) sleep b) cry c) dance d) have parties
3. On November 1 Christian church honors (почитает) а) Christ b) All Saints c) St. Patrick d) St. Magdalena
4. What is the national dish on Christmas? а) roast turkey b) orange jam c) cake d) Cumberland sausages
5. When do children hang stockings at the foot of their beds or over the fireplace? Christmas Eve (канун) b) New Year’s Eve c) Guy Fawkes’ Night d) Children’s day
6. When do the Scottish have a custom called First-footing (первопроходец) – young man wandering (бродит) from house to house with presents (piece of bread, coal and coin) after midnight а) New Year b) Christmas c) Halloween d) Boxing Day
7. This symbol is to Easter (Пасха) what Santa Claus is to Christmas a) Easter Father b) Easter Chicken c) Granny d) Easter Bunny (Rabbit)
8. What does it mean ’Easter parade’? a) military parade b) exhibition of the colorful eggs c) musical parade d) procession of people dressed in bright new spring clothes
9. Tell English equivalent for «Масленица». а) Shrovetide b) Epiphany c) Eisteddfod d) Hogmanay
10. On Pancake Tuesday, English people eat lots of pancakes. What also do they do with them? а) change b) run c) sing d) smile
11. When can you send the card with the rhyme: ,The rose is red, the violets are blue, The honey’s sweet and so are you’ а) All Fool’s day b) Boxing day c) The Shakespeare Festival d) St. Valentine’s day
Christmas – December, 25
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|