(February 22, 1732 - December 14, 1799) George Washington was the only president to be elected unanimously. • He was the only president inaugurated in two cities: New York and Philadelphia. • He never lived in Washington, DC, although he was interested in the construction of the city and purchased property there.
• He was the first president elected by the House of Representatives. • He wanted to be remembered not for his presidency, but for the roles he played in the creation of the Declaration of Independence. (April 13, 1743 - July 4, 1826)
(February 12, 1809 - April 15, 1865) On January 23, 1863, he issued the Emancipation Proclamation. • He was the first president to be assassinated. He was shot five days after the end of the Civil War. • He was the first president born outside of the original thirteen colonies. • Just one month after his inauguration, the Civil War began.
(January 30, 1882 - April 12, 1945) Prohibition was repealed during his administration. • He died two weeks before Germany finally surrendered in World War II. • He was the only president to be elected four times. • At age 39, he was stricken with infantile paralysis.
(May 29, 1917 - November 22, 1963) He was a decorated naval officer in World War II. • He received the Pulitzer Prize for his book, "Profiles in Courage." • He served exactly 1,000 days in office. • He was the first president born in the 20th century and the youngest president ever elected.
(August 19, 1946 - ) He was elected Governor of Arkansas for five terms. • He is known for appointing minorities and women to high-level positions. • During his term, the federal budget was balanced.
He was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. • He lived in Indonesia for several years as a child. 2009 Inauguration. (August 4, 1961 - )
G. Washington T. Jefferson A. Lincoln F.D. Roosevelt J.F. Kennedy B. Clinton B. Obama CONTENTS
ВНИМАНИЮ УЧИТЕЛЕЙ: хотите организовать и вести кружок по ментальной арифметике в своей школе? Спрос на данную методику постоянно растёт, а Вам для её освоения достаточно будет пройти один курс повышения квалификации (72 часа) прямо в Вашем личном кабинете на сайте "Инфоурок".
Пройдя курс Вы получите:
- Удостоверение о повышении квалификации;
- Подробный план уроков (150 стр.);
- Задачник для обучающихся (83 стр.);
- Вводную тетрадь «Знакомство со счетами и правилами»;
- БЕСПЛАТНЫЙ доступ к CRM-системе, Личному кабинету для проведения занятий;
- Возможность дополнительного источника дохода (до 60.000 руб. в месяц)!