Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Conditional sentences Условные предложения
CONDITIONAL SENTENCES Типы условных предложений Тип Придаточное предложение Главное предложение Перевод на русский язык I. Реальное условие. Относится к будущему времени. If he wins the prize, Present Ind/Cont he will be happy. will + Verb бы
Ex. 17. Complete the sentences. Model: Work hard at school - go to college. If I work hard at school, I will go to college. Learn a lot at grade school - go to high school. Work hard - pass my exams. Get good marks in my exam- get a place at college. Go to college- sturdy hard. Study very hard- do well at college. Pass my college exams- get a good job. Get a good job- earn a lot of money. Save some of my money- be able to enjoy life
II. Маловероятное условие. Относится к настоящему времени. If he won the prize, he would be happy. Past Ind/Cont would + Verb бы Тип Перевод на русский язык
Ex. 19. Make sentences using the suggestions. Model: More money - buy a bicycle. If I had more money, I would buy a bicycle. 1.Bicycle - not have to walk to the station. 3. Leave home later in the mornings - have more time for breakfast. 4. More time for breakfast - think about a new invention. 5. Think hard - get good ideas. 6. Get good ideas - invent useful things. 7. Invent useful things - soon get rich.
III. Нереальное условие. Относится к прошедшему времени. Выражает сожаление. Тип Придаточное предложение Главное предложение Перевод на русский язык If he had left earlier, we would have arrived on time. The Past Perfect would have + V3 бы
СОЮЗЫ: if - если; in case - в случае;provided - при условии, если; unless - если не. You won't pass the exam, unless you work hard. В условных предложениях второго типа глагол to be всегда имеет форму were в британском варианте; в современном американском возможен was If I were a millionaire, I would buy you a palace. ЗАПОМНИТЕ ВЫРАЖЕНИЕ: If I were you/in your position/in your shoes ... На вашем бы месте ...
If or when Condition/ ‘если’ Time/ «когда» I’ll phone you if I return. I’ll phone you when I return.
Ex. 18. Fill in if or when. 1. I'm going to watch TV ... I've finished my homework. 2. My mother lets me watch TV ... my homework before tea-time. 3. Please give me the book soon - only ... you have read I course. 4. ... we have plenty of snow we sometimes go skiing. 5. ... we have some snow tomorrow we'll go skiing. 6. I don't know ... I'll see him next. On Thursday perhaps. 7. Please come to party ... you can. 8. ... you don't stop shouting, I'll tell mother! 9. We can go to the disco tome ... you like. 10. Do you remember ... the concert starts?
20. Imagine the situation. What could/might happen if ... Be quick - catch the bus! If we were quick, we might catch the bus! Work hard! - Pass exams! Talk to Jenny. - Invite me to tie party! Borrow 20$ - buy those CDs. Phone his friends in Germany. - Get help with German homework. Help your sister. - She would help you!
21. Thomas Edison died, when he was 83, in 1931. Before his death he looked back at ; life. What could have been different if..? Model: Live in Europe - not have the same opportunities as in the USA. If I had lived in Europe I wouldn't have had the same opportunities as in the USA. Go to high school - work hard. Work hard - pass my exams. Go to college - not have time to invent things. Become a teacher - never become an inventor. Not become an inventor - not invent all those useful things. Become a teacher - not have to work so hard. Not have to work so hard - perhaps be happier. Move to Europe - be more successful. Die when I was young - never invent the electric light bulb.
Ex. 22. Match the beginning of the sentences with the right ending. IF 1. you hit me 2. I knew her address 3. he had waited 4. she helps me with my homework 5. you knew her better 6. they had asked me to help 7.we walk this way 8. the sun had shone more often 9. the boys brought their CDs 10. we had played harder a) I'll help her with hers. b) we wouldn't have lost the match. c) you would like her. d) we'll soon be home. e) we would have had a nicer holiday. f) we would have taken him with us. g) the girls would bring theirs. h) I'll tell Mum! i) I would write to her. j) I would have done my best. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 h
Существуют предложения смешанного типа: одна часть относится ко II типу, а другая- к III типу условия If I had taken the medicine yesterday, I would be well now
1. (tell) ex23 2. (have) 3. (see) He..you the story if you asked I If I.....enough money I would buy that computer ga If I.....him I'll give him the mess; If he..the car he wouldn't have left it here. He'd have sol Unless you stop I....the police He..the house if he had had enough mo If he...his friends he would have never been caught If her parents had understood her she...home We...unless we have to If you..me no questions I'll tell you no lies Tell them I've gone to London if they.to know where I am Don't shoot unless I...."shoot He'll never finish his homework if he..watching TV If I......rich I'd buy a fast car 4.(steal) 5. (call) 6. (buy) 7 (not tell) 8. (not leave) 9.(not go) 10 (ask) 11.(want) 12. (say) 13. (not stop)
Making a wish Выражение пожелания и сожаления Для этой цели используется конструкция с глаголом WISH I wish/ wished -I were/ was beautiful. Как бы мне хотелось быть красивой! -We knew Sue’s address.Как жаль что мы не знаем адреса Сью. - it wasn’t raining. Жаль что идет дождь. -You didn’t work so much. Я бы не хотела, чтобы вы так много работали. Present
I wish/ wished Past -I had bought my camera. Жаль что я не взял с собой фотоаппарат -The hotel had been better. Жаль только что гостиница была такой плохой
I wish/ wished Future -They could come to see us tomorrow. Как жаль, что они не смогут зайти к нам завтра -Someone would answer that telephone. - the music would stop - you would give her my message Да снимите же кто-нибудь трубку Когда же прекратится эта музыка Не могли бы вы передать ей мое сообщение Complaint, annoyance, request ( жалобы, раздражение, просьбы)
Ex. 27. Translate the sentences from Russian into English. 1. Я бы хотела, чтобы ты не курил. 2. Как жаль, что я не говорю по-французски. 3. 1 хотел иметь машину. 4. Как бы я хотела, чтобы мы не учились по субботам. 5. Как жал я ссорился (quarrel with) с сестрой, когда мы были детьми. 6. Теперь она жалеет, поступила в университет. 7. Как бы я хотела, чтобы мои родители отправили меня в аи скую школу, когда мне было 7 лет. 8. Когда же этот дождь прекратится! 9. Как жаль что телевизор не работает! 10. Как бы я хотела побывать в Париже! 11. Я теперь жалею, что купила это платье. Оно мне не идет (not suit me). 12. Теперь ты хотел бы быть переводчиком, а не инженером? - Да, жаль, что я не изучал иностранный язык. 13. Как жаль, мои школьные годы не было компьютера.
IF JANET HAD HER WISH ... I wish I lived in Tahiti. □ Do you wish you could have tomorrow off? * Barbara wishes her job were more interesting. □ Don't you wish it didn't rain so much? Tom wishes he didn't live so far from work.
Ex. 28. Rewrite the sentences following the model: Model: Janet lives in the city. She wishes she didn't live in the city. It doesn't have a dining room--------- There aren't any windows in the kitchen ---------------- She has to pay a lot of rent, (плата за кв.) . ------------------ A noisy student lives in the next apartment. ..----------------- She can hear his music through the wall Janet can't afford a better apartment-- Life is so complicated! --------------
29. Rewrite these sentences using I WISH + PAST PERFECT. I decided to work in London. / wish I hadn 't decided to work in London. We went to live with my parents in Surrey. I decided to stop working as a bus driver. We put our money into a grocery shop. We borrowed $13,000 to start the business. We didn't realize that a supermarket was opening nearby. The grocery shop closed down. We lost all our money. It was a mistake to leave Manchester.
30. Mr and Mrs Reynolds are worried about their children. Write what they want them to , using I WISH + WOULD. del: John never comes home before twelve o'clock. / wish John would come home before twelve о 'clock. Sheila isn't very polite to her grandparents. Peter doesn't wash very often. Susan isn't working very hard for her exams. John doesn't help with the housework, I’d like Peter to give up smoking.