Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Warm - up Look at the photo. What do you know about the Republic of Ireland? Try to describe photos.
1. Work in pairs and try to choose the right answer 1. What is the population? 3,5 million people b) 13.5 million c) 35 million 2. What language do people usually speak? Irish b)English c) French 3. What is the climate like? hot and dry b) cold and snow c) rainy and wet 4. What is the capital? a) Belfast b) London c) Dublin
The Republic of Ireland (Eire) has a population of about three and a half million people. The official language is Irish but people usually speak English. People call Ireland the EMERALD ISLE because it is very green island. It often rains in Ireland. The countryside is beautiful and Irish people are very friendly. 2. Read the brochure about Ireland and find the answers for exercise 1.
Dublin – a great capital Have a great time in Dublin. There are wonderful shops, restaurants, music and night life. Walk around the busy streets, visit the museums or relax in one of the parks. Go to Trinity College Library. In the library, you can see the amazing Book of Kells from the 8th century.
Views of Dublin Christ Church Cathedral St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Great writers Some of the best writers in English language are from Ireland, for example, Jonathan Swift, Oscar Wilde and James Joyce. See their portraits in Dublin’s Writer’s Museum. Oscar Wilde
Legends Go to Blarney Castle and see the famous Blarney Stone. People say this stone has got magic powers and you become a brilliant speaker when you kiss it.
Around Ireland Explore Ireland: drive, walk, or cycle around the beautiful coast and the green countryside. Stop in wonderful old towns and villages and visit historical castles and church.
Fun activities Horse riding, fishing, cycling and walking are popular activities. There are fantastic beaches, too. Try surfing or scuba diving – or just have a swim!
3. Read the brochure again. Are the sentences true or false? 1. Ireland is very green. 2. Irish people are not very friendly. 3. There are good shops in Dublin. 4. The stories of Swift, Wilde and Joyce are in English. 5. When you kiss the Blarney Stone, you become happy. 6. There are many historical buildings in Ireland. 7. Skiing is popular activity. 8. The beaches are very good.
4. What would you like to do or to see in Ireland? Tell the class. Example: I’d like to go surfing.
5. Complete the sentences about Scotland with these words. There are similar sentences in the brochure. 1. Scotland has a population ____about 5 million people. 2. Have a great time ____Edinburg. 3. Go ____ the new Museum of Scotland. 4. There are fantastic exhibits ____ the museum. 5. Some of the best inventors are ___ Scotland. from, in (*2), of, to
6. Look at the Key Words. Find more positive adjectives in the text. Key words: Option adjectives Amazing, beautiful, fantastic, friendly, great.
7. Write true or false sentences about your country with adjectives from Exercise 6. Exapmle: Birmingham has got great beaches (false). The shops in London are fantastic (true).
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|