English Grade: 10 A
Educational system of Canada
- to enrich student’s knowledge concerning the theme with the help of information about Canada; to introduce new words
- to improve their oral speech using new words;
- to develop their memory, communicative skills in speaking, reading and writing.
- to develop critical thinking through creative tasks;
The results of the lesson:
- students enrich their vocabulary and can discuss and express their opinions;
- students get the habits of critical thinking;
- students get the communicative habits in English.
The visual aids:
interactive board, cards, markers ,posters, pictures
The type of the lesson:
History, Literature, Geography
Individual and group work, question- answer, association
The procedure of the lesson:
- Good morning , students! I’m very glad to see you!
- Thank you ! And how are you?
- Very nice! Now let’s start our lesson with our motto
-Sit down, please
- Read the following proper names after me, please.
-Good morning , teacher! We are glad to see you too!
-We are fine!
-Friendly students we are all
“One for all, and all for one”
Brainy students we are all
“ In knowledge we trust”
Healthy students we are all
“ All we need in the life good health, a bit of luck and sence of humour”
Checking up the homework:
a) - What was your homework for today?
- Let’s check up your homework by the method “ Make a circle”.One by one come up to the blackboard and tell us some information about the population of Canada. Don’t repeat the same sentences
b)Dividing into groups the class with the help of proverbs (about education, knowledge) and selecting a speaker who gives Kazakh and Russian equivalents.
c) Find out the theme of the lesson:
- The theme of these proverbs is our today’s new theme. What are the proverbs about?
- and what do you think what we’ll speak about today
- Right you are! We’ll speak about the educational system of Canada.
d) “ Associations”:
- What words come to your mind when you hear the word “education”. Write down all the words you associate with this word.
- To write about the population of Canada.
Students one by one go to the blackboard and speak about the population of Canada.
Students choose the pieces of paper and look for their pairs to make up the proverb, then they give their Kazakh and Russian equivalents
-about education, knowledge
The main part:
We have been speaking about Canada for 4 lessons. And I hope that you’ve got much new information about this country . Now let’s summarise your knowledge and know what do you know about Canada.
Group work: students in groups work with the texts, pictures and make posters.
1st gr.: Geographical position of Canada
2nd group: Climate of Canada
3rd group: Features of Canada
Relaxation task: The game: “Pictures say”
- Look at the pictures and make up sentences
Presentation of the new theme:
a) Pre-reading task: vocabulary work.
- First , let’s introduce with the new vocabulary. Look at your papers and let’s try to read new words correctly and remember their translations .
b)While-reading task: Gigsaw strategies
- Read the text “Educational system of Canada”. I’ll give you 5 minutes to read and translate the text
c) Post – reading task: working with cards:
1st group: True or False
2nd group: Write tag questions
3rd group: Make the claster
1.Students in groups work with the texts, pictures. They read the texts, discuss and do projects according their themes.
Things I know about Canada
Things I’d like to know
Tings I’ve known
| || || |
2. Students make up the sentences
a) students read the words
b)reading & translating the text
c) Group work: doing tasks on text
Reflection task : What have you known?
Students fill in the chat
To write a topic about education in Canada
“The tree of Blob”
Students find their Blobs and paint them
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|