1 Read and translate into Russian.
1. I was writing a letter at 2 o'clock yesterday.
2. What were you doing at 8 o'clock last night?
3. Tim was making fun of his little brother when his mother came in.
4. It was raining all day long on Thursday.
5. They were working outside the spaceship when they noticed something strange.
6. At 4 p.m. yesterday a small satellite was moving towards our space station.
7. The poet was looking at the sky when I touched his shoulder.
8. We were repairing the spacesuit when he came in.
9. What were you doing when you heard the scream?
2. Make all the changes and additions necessary to create sentences from the following sets of words and phrases. Be careful with grammar tenses (the past continuous and the past simple).
1. The little girl / cry / the whole evening / yesterday.
2. It / snow / all day long / yesterday.
3. What / you / do / at 4 p.m / yesterday?
4. He / look / at the sky / when / the boy / touch / him.
5. The old lady / watch TV / when / the telephone / ring.
6. Where / you / stand / when / you / hear / this terrible sound?
3. Translate the following sentences.
1.Маленький мальчик вошел в комнату. Он плакал.
2.Билл ждал меня около двери, когда я увидел его.
3.Я читал книгу в три часа.
4.Что ты делал, когда я открыл дверь?
5.Том работал весь день.