Reading lesson on the topic ‘Travelling’
Type of work
What do people do when they want to learn more about different countries and cultures?
I like to travel very much. What about you? How do you spend your holidays?
Do all people like to travel? What are the ways of travelling?
To know more about it let’s read the text.
The whole class
1)Read the text and fill in the mind-map
to enjoy the
1. Every year people spend their holidays at home.
2. Today people have lots of reasons to travel.
3. Travelling has always been a part of people’s education.
4. The best way to study geography is to read a students’ book.
5. Travelling is a good way to practice foreign languages.
6. City-dwellers usually visit museums.
7. A lot of young people are fond of spending their holidays at home.
8. All people are for travelling.
9. Travelling today is rather expensive.
10. Travelling broadens mind.
3) Find in the text pros and cons of travelling. Discuss them.
4) In each paragraph, find the sentence, which reflects its main idea. Explain your choice. Write down the sentences to make a plan of retelling.
5) What’s the difference between the city-dwellers and the people who live in the country?
Discuss your travelling experience.
Make up 5 questions to the text to ask another group.
H/w: prepare retelling of the text.