Intellectual game “What? Where? When?”
The aim: - to develop listening, reading and writing skills;
to improve student’s knowledge of English;
to develop their interest in learning English
to develop critical thinking through creative tasks;
Equipment: Interactive board, cards
Participants: students of 9-10 grades
Procedue of the game:
Hello, dear friends! You are invited to take part in the intellectual game “What? Where? When?” There are two teams here students of 9-10
grades. They want to show us their knowledge and win. Let,s wish each other good luck by clapping your hands. Our game begins. Let’s introduce the teams and jury
II. “ Our Greetings and Visit card ” : greeting of teams : names, mottos
III. The game : students choose the questions and give their answers.
IV.Sector 1: Holidays
-Now, you see some cards. Put the cards with the names of British holidays
In order they go in a calendar. Make a group line of six members of each
team, standing one by one and holding a card in hands. The quickest team will be the winner of this task.(Holidays: St. Valentines Day, Easter, Independence day of the USA, Halloween, Thanksgiving day, Christmas)
V. Sector 2: Famous people.
- Look at the screen and match the photos with the sentences.
VI. Sector 3: Answer the wh- questions
-What did the Druids use Stonehenge for? ( for calendar)
- Where do children in Britain have Christmas presents? (in stockings)
- When do the British promise themselves to try to be better for the next period of their lives? (on New Year Eve)
- What was a palace, a prison and now is a museum? ( The Tower of London)
- Where is the monument of Admiral Nelson situated?(in the centre of Trafalgar Square)
- When do English people say “Trick or Treat ?” (On Halloween)
VII. “A Black Box”
- There is an object in a box. You must find out what it is.
1st team: I always jump off when a friend I meet. What am I ? (hat)
2nd team: Five rooms but one door. (gloves)
VIII. A Chainword.
This task is only for captains . come up to the board and take pieces of chalk. Listen to a question and write the word-answer, making a Chainword
one by one. The last letter of each word is the first letter of the next one.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|