The game “The Lucky Chance”.
I Go on.
1. What is the capital of the UK? (London)
2. Where is Trafalgar Square? (in London)
3. Who is Nelson? (a British admiral)
4. Where does the Queen live? (in Buckingham Palace)
5. What is the capital of Northern Ireland? (Belfast)
6. People who live in Scotland are called…..(the Scots)
7. What are the main colours of the British flag? (red,blue,white)
8. What food is traditional at Christmas? (roast turkey)
9. When is Halloween celebrated? (October,31)
10. Name the river London is situated on. (the Thames)
11. What is St. Paul`s Cathedral? (a church)
12. Name any English holiday.
13. Who is Agatha Cristie? (a detective story writer)
14. Name any members of the Queen`s family (her husband Prince Philip, her sons Prince Charles, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward, her daughters Princess Anne and Princess Margaret)
15. What sea is the UK washed by? (The North Sea)
16. What is the population of the UK? (more than 56 m people)
17. Who does the real power in Great Britain belong to? (Parliament)
18. Where did the great Fire of London begin: in the house of the King`s butcher or the King`s baker? (in the house of the King`s baker)
19. What animal is the symbol of the English might or strength? (the Lion)
20. Name the member of the English royal family who lived to be more than 100 years old.(the Queen mother)
21. Name any national English game.(football, rugby, cricket)
22. What was the Tower of London in the past? (a fortress, a palace, a prison, The King`s zoo)
23. What plant is the symbol of Ireland? (the shamrock)
24. Where did William the Conqueror come from? (Normandy, France)
25. Where is the political centre of London? (Westminster)
Where do English people keep the Queen`s crown: in the Tower of London or in Westminster Abbey? (in the Tower f London)
How many years did it take Sir Christopher Wren to build St.Paul`s Cathedral: 35 years or 15 years? (35 years)
Name any places you`d like to visit in London.
What is the Tower of London now? (a museum)
What part does the UK consist of? (Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
What is Buckingham Palace? (the Queen`s residence)
Give the Russian equivalent of the English proverb “ An Englishman`s house is his castle”.
When did William the Conqueror come to London?(1066)
What is Robert Burns famous for? (Scottish national poet)
Where does the British Prime Minister live: at 10,Downing Street or at 12, Whitehall? (at 10, Downing Street)
Name any famous English person.
Where is the business centre in London? (the City)
People who live in Ireland are called …… (the Irish)
What is the capital of Wales? (Cardiff)
How many crosses does the British flag consist of (3 crosses)
What is the traditional children`s food on Easter Sunday? (Chocolate eggs and rabbits)
When is April Fool`s Day celebrated? (April,1)
What is the most democratic park in London? (Hyde Park)
The Houses of Parliament consist of 2 Houses. What are they? (the House of Lords and the House of Commons)
What ocean is the UK washed by? (the Atlantic Ocean)
What is the name of the House of Parliament whose members are permanent? (the House of Lords)
What are the names of the Queen`s daughters? (Anne and Margaret)
What are the names of the British Saints? (St.George, St.Andrew, St.Patrick, St.David)
What plant is the symbol of Scotland? (the thistle)
Do English people have a good sense of humour? (Yes, they did)
Game II Tricks from the Box.
Talk of the devil and he will appear.
As you make your bed, so you must lie on it.
Rome was not built in a day.
To kill two birds with one stone.
All is well that ends well.
The devil is not so black as he is painted.
He laughs who laughs last.
All that glitter is not gold.
Second thoughts are best.
Never say die.
Appetite comes with eating.
Don`t cross the bridge till you come to it.
Don`t trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
There is no smoke without a fire.
A “Lucky Chance ” card.
Game III You ask me, I ask you.
When is Christmas celebrated in Britain? (Desember,25)
What parts does Britain consists of? (England,Scotland,Wales)
What is the name of the British flag? (the Union Jack)
What is celebrated on February,14? (St.Valentine`s Day)
Name any English holiday or tradition.
What plant is the symbol of England? (the rose)
What is the name of the Queen? (Elizabeth II)
What is the name of the biggest clock in London?(Big Ben)
What is the most popular English holiday? (Christmas)
Who is the Official Head of State in Britain? (the Queen)
Game IV. ”Trivial Pursuit”.
The most important river in England? (the Thames)
The national dress of the Scots? (kilt)
The permanent seat of the British Parliament? (the Houses of Parliament)
The masterpiece of Christopher Wren? (St. Paul`s Cathidral)
The English writer whose most famous novel is “Robinson Crusou”? (Daniel Defoe)
The bird – symbol of peace all over the world? (pigeon = dove)
He wrote a famous book for children entitled “Alice`s Adventures in Wonderland”? (Lewis Carrol)
The outstanding scientist who discovered the law of gravitation? (Isaak Newton)
9. Where do children find Christmas presents? (in stockings or beneath the Christmas Tree)
10.Two popular gentlemen associated with Baker Street? ( Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson)
11.This famous building is often compared with the Masoleum because a lot of people were buried there? (Westminster Abbey)
The minimum voting age in England? (18)
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|