The theme: Food
Aims of the lesson:
1. Продолжить формирование активного словаря по теме урока.
2. Развитие переводческих и орфографических навыков, навыков говорения.
3. Воспитание культуры речевого общения.
Materials: video cassette, table sets, poster with words and pictures, cards.
The plan of the lesson
1. Organization moment.
a) Greeting — setting the aims
b) check up home task.
2. The basic part.
1. Phonetic drill
2. Presentation of the new theme
3. Fixing exercises
a) Sum up
b) Home task
c) giving marks
The procedure of the lesson
1. Organization moment:
T: Good morning boys and girls.
Pupils: Good morning dear teacher!
T: Now, today we shall speak about our favourite recipes.
Now let’s discuss our home task. You have read the text at page 78 «Stone soup». And now look at the picture and number them.
1. A hungry soldier came to an old woman’s house.
2. The old woman brought a big saucepan of water.
3. The old woman brought some salt and pepper.
4. The old woman brought some potatoes, carrots, beans and a big onion.
5. The old woman brought some ham and some sausages.
6. The old woman brought a loaf of bread, some butter and a piece of cake.
7. Before leaving, he said, «Here is the magic stone. You can keep it». But remember, for the best stone soup you need a bit of meat, a few vegetables and a bit of salt and pepper, too.
8. The old woman tasted the soup and she said, Mmm. This soup is delicious!
4. Let’s begin our lesson with phonetic drill. Children, look at the blackboard, you see the words. Classify them into three groups.
— Very good!
5. Now, let’s speak about our favourite recipes.
— Class is divided into two groups.
— The first group, what’s your favourite recipe?
— The second group, you must say what dish is it?
— Good! You are right.
— The second group, it’s your turn to speak about your favourite recipes.
— The first group, you must say what dish is it?
Pizza recipes: Toppings
100 g flour 2 tomatoes
25 g butter 50 g cheese
Pinch of salt extra toppings
2 tablespoons (salami, mush-of milk rooms, hum).
1. Oil the pan.
2. Put the flour and salt into a bowl.
3. Cut the butter into small pieces and mix it with the flour.
4. Add some milk and mix into a dough.
5. Put the dough into the oiled pan.
6. Put the toppings on the dough.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes in a hot oven.
500 g rice
500 g meat
300 g carrots
200 g oil
1 tablespoon of salt
How to make it?
1. Cut up the meat and carrots, onion.
2. Take a saucepan, put it on the stove.
3. Pour 200 g of oil.
4. Put the meat, carrots and the onion into the saucepan.
5. Fry meat, carrots and onion together, add 1 tablespoon of salt.
6. Pour the water into the saucepan.
7. Put the rice.
You are good cooker.
4. Children answer my question, please.
T: What’s your favourite food?
P: My favourite food is ...
T: Why do you like it?
P: Because it’s delicious, tasty.
T: What do you usually have for breakfast?
P: I have for breakfast: bacon and eggs, bread, tea.
T: Which drinks do you like and which drinks don’t you like?
P: I like lemonade, fruit juice, orange juice, and I don’t like tomato juice.
T: What dish can you cook yourself?
P: I can cook fried potatoes, eggs;
5. Let’s play a game «Magic water bottle»
T: Two pupils of each group come to the blackboard. I’ll give each team two water bottles with drinks. You must taste and describe the quality and property of these drinks.
It’s colorless, transparent and tasteless.
It’s dark brown, sour, with gas.
It’s colorless, transparent, tasteless and with gas.
It’s dark-brown, sweet, with gas.
— You have described the drinks very well.
6. T: Reflexive pronouns.
Местоимение — это такая часть речи, которая указывает на лицо, предметы, их признаки, количество, но не называет их.
Местоимение имеют несколько разрядов. Личные, притяжательные, возвратные.
Сегодня мы с вами проходим reflexive pronouns. Возвратные местоимения. Для образования возвратных местоимений надо прибавить окончания — self к личным и притяжательным местоимениям единственного числа, окончания — selves к личным или притяжательным местоимениям множественного числа. Этим местоимениям в русском языке соответствует частица — ся (сь) в возвратных глаголах и местоимении е себя, себе.
1-ое лицо myself
2-ое лицо yourself
3-ое лицо himself, herself, itself (когда речь
идёт о животных или о неодушевлённых предметах)
He behaved himself bravely. (Он храбро вёл себя.)
Do not hurt yourselves. (Не пораньтесь)
7. Children answer my questions.
1. Did you do your home task yourself? — Yes, I do my home task myself.
2. Does your mother clean your room or do you do yourself? — I clean my room myself.
3. Have you ever decorated a New Year tree yourself? — I have decorated a New Year tree myself.
4. Do you iron your own clothes yourself? — I iron my own clothes myself.
5. Do you shop for food yourself? — I shop for food myself.
6. Do you decorate your flat yourself? — I decorate my flat myself.
7. Do you clean your room yourself? — I clean my room myself.
8. Do you wash your clothes yourself? — I don’t wash my clothes myself. My mother washes my clothes herself.
9. Does your father repair things in the house himself? — My father repair things in the house himself.
10. Do you wash your hair yourself? — Yes, I wash my hair myself.
8. Which group will say many words beginning with their own letter. Make up words beginning with the letter «S, P» about food.
The first group you must make up words beginning with the letter «P»
The second group you must make up words beginning with the letter «S»
Peas, peach, peanut butter, porridge, pork, pot, pour, pudding, potatoes, plum, poultry, pike pastry.
Snack, sandwich, salt, sugar, saucer, sausage, stir, stewed, steak, sweet, sour cream. The first group you are the winner.
They have given ... words. And the second group have given ... words.
9. Let’s play a game «dictionary» I’ll give you words, you must make up sentences in the correct order.
1. The Kazakhs prepare very tasty kuyrdak.
2. Beshbarmak is served with large pieces of rolled dough.
3. I repair my bicycle myself.
4. Flowers have been ordered by Tom.
5. The traditional British Sunday lunch includes Yorkshire pudding.
6. The Kazakh cuisine is also remarkable for tasty plov — cooked of rice and mutton.
— All right.
— Let’s continue our lesson.
10. Write the classification of Vocabulary.
I’ll give you cards.
The first, you must write words about Fast Food, the second you must write words about drinks, the third you must write words about first course, the fourth you must write words about second course, the fifth you must write words about desert.
Classification of Vocabulary
You will read these words.
11. Let’s play a game «Who can lay the table quickest?»
There are table wares on the tables and you must put them in the right order.
1. Soup spoon on the right.
2. Big knife for meat or fish on the left.
3. Glasses on the right; above the knife and soup spoon.
4. Big fork for meat or fish on the left.
5. Small plate for the bread or cheese on the left.
6. Small knife for bread or cheese on the left.
7. Spoon and fork for dessert at the top.
— You can lay the table.
12. Let’s see the video about food.
T: Answer my questions.
1. What does milkman do? — Milkman brings milk to people’s house usually for breakfast.
2. What do British people eat for breakfast? — British people eat for breakfast: bacon and eggs, marmalade, sausage, tomato, fried bread.
3. When do British people usually have lunch? — British people have lunch about 12 to 1 o’clock.
4. When do they usually have their evening meal? — Evening meal is at 6 or 7 o’clock.
5. Does London have a lot of foreign restaurants? — Yes, London has a lot of foreign countries.
6. From how many different countries? — They have Chinese, Indian, Italian restaurants.
7. Do British people really eat a lot of fish and chips? — British people really eat a lot of fish and chips
13. Now let’s say proverbs about food!
The first group says in English.
The second group must find their Russian equivalents.
1. Tastes differ. О вкусах не спорят.
2. From one flour of bread not stove. Из одной муки хлеба не испечь.
3. Bread, salt eat, but good people hear. Хлеб, соль кушай, а добрых людей слушай.
4. As beside bread, such as beside deal. Какой у хлеба, такой и у дела.
5. How garden, such an apple. Какой сад, такие и яблоки.
6. Bread whole head. хлеб всему голова.
7. Appetite comes with eating. Аппетит приходит вовремя еды.
8. Potatoes — bread dispute. Картофель — хлебу подспорье.
9. Porridge with butter not spoil. Кашу маслом не испортишь.
10. Live not to eat, but eat to live. Мы живём не для того чтобы есть, а едим чтобы жить.
11. Where pancakes here and we, where porridge with butter, here our place. Где блины тут и мы, где каша с маслом тут и место наше.
12. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Кушай яблоко в день и доктор не понадобится.
T: You know the proverbs very well!
14. Let’s make up your own dialogues.
— I’ll give you 2 minutes.
— Are you ready?
— Go to the blackboard.
— Tell us your dialogue.
15. Now children, define the following kinds of meals.
Omelet, toast, chips, marmalade.
Omelet — eggs beaten together with milk and fried or baked in a pan.
Toast — sliced bread made brown and crisp on the outside by heating in a toaster.
Chips — fried pieces of potato, often eaten with fried fish.
Name, please. Soft and strong drinks.
Soft drinks: lemonade, fruit drinks, fruit juice.
Strong drinks: wine, liqueurs, brandy, vodka.
T: My dear children, it’s time to finish our lesson. You have learned a lot from this lesson.
Home task: ex 10 p 82 (to write)
The lesson is over! Good bye!
Номер материала: ДВ-334345
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: