Эл. №ФС77-60625 от 20.01.2015
Разработка урока по теме "Празднование Рождества в англоязычных странах."
Разработка урока по теме
«Празднование Рождества в англоязычных странах.»
Разработала: учитель английского языка
МОУ Ветлужская школа №1
Комиссарова Л. В.
Познавательный аспект: познакомить учащихся с национальным праздником «Рождество», его традициями и особенностями.
Воспитательный аспект: воспитывать у учащихся чувство уважения к национальным традициям и праздникам.
Учебный аспект: практиковать учащихся в устной речи и аудировании.
Развивающий аспект: формировать положительную мотивацию учения, развивать внимание, воображение, догадку.
Оснащение: стихи, рождественские открытки и сувениры, приготовленные учащимися.
Music «Jingle Bells».
- T: Dear children and guests! On the 25th of December people celebrate Christmas, one of the most beautiful holidays. Now we are going to speak about Christmas too. Olga and Natasha will help me to organize this holiday.
Christmas is a holiday, which is loved by children and grown – ups. It is a holiday when everything is decorated with lights and toys, when we see Christmas trees everywhere, when people buy presents and cook special food, send cards and have parties. And we are going to celebrate this holiday now. Today you’ll listen to a lot of interesting about Christmas. We’ll sing songs and recite the poems, guess riddles and play.
You’ll get a card for each answer. The more cards you have the better mark you get. The winner gets the prize.
Let’s begin our holiday with Christmas ABC
Do you know Christmas ABC?
M for the Music, merry and clear;
E for the Eve, the crown of the year;
R for the Romping of bright girls and boys;
R for the Reindeer that bring them the toys;
Y for the Yule log softly aglow.
C for the Cold of the sky and the snow;
H for the Hearth where they hang up the hose;
R for the Reel which the old folks propose;
I for the Icicles seen through the pane;
S for the Sleigh bells, with tinkling refrain;
T for the Tree with gifts all abloom;
M for the Mistletoe hung in the room;
A for the Anthems we all love to hear;
S for St. Nicholas – joy of the year!
- P1 What do you know about Christmas? Listen to the text and answer the questions.
On the 25th of December English children celebrate Christmas. Christmas is their favourite holiday. This holiday is celebrated at home. Santa Claus with white bear and red suit comes into the house at night and leaves gifts for children.
- P2 On Christmas all people receive and send Christmas cards. Every family has Christmas tree. They put the tree in the room and decorate it and the house . Then they prepare Christmas Dinner. For dinner they have a stuffed turkey or boiled ham, mashed potatoes, pudding, tea and coffee.
- P1 Now answer the questions.
- P2 What is Christmas ?
- P1 Where do English people celebrate it?
- P2 When is Christmas celebrated?
- P1 How do people congratulate each other?
- P2 How do English families prepare for Christmas?
- P1 What does Christmas dinner consist of?
- P1 Do you know Christmas worlds? Слайд 3, приложение 1.
Look at these words. Look at these pictures. Match the words with their pictures.
Read them. We need 2 students.
(Music “Christmas Tree”)
- P2 On Christmas people bring a tree and decorate it with lights and ornaments. The most popular of all Christmas evergreens is the fir-tree. People in England used to grow many kinds of trees in pots for indoor decoration at Christmas.
(Music “Christmas tree”.)
- P1 Christmas tree came to us from Germany. The idea of bringing the fir-tree indoors at Christmas is said to have come from Martin Luther, a German religious reformer, who lived in the 16th century. The trees were decorated with paper, metal foil, and lights. About in 1835 the first Christmas tree was decorated. A few years later in England Queen Victoria decorated a tree at Windsor Castle.
- P2 Now look at the groups of the words. Which word doesn’t go with the others. Find them, please. We need 4 pupils. Слайд 5, приложение 1.
3. Christmas pudding
- P1 Christmas begins with Christmas cards.
The families prepare Christmas Cards to their relatives and friends.
The first Christmas card appeared in 1843, Sir Henry Cole invented it. One side of the card was a short greeting, and another – a nice picture. Soon these cards became very popular.
Teacher: Children, have you got such cards? Congratulate each other.
(Учащиеся поздравляют друг друга с Рождеством.)
- P2. The main person of Christmas is Santa Claus.
He lives in the North Pole. On the 25th of December he hitches his reindeer to a sleigh and brings the presents for children in the Christmas Stocking.
Song “Jingle Bells”
Dashing through the snow
In a one – horse open sleigh
Over the hills we go
Laughing all the way
Bells on bob-tail ring
Making spirits bright
What fun is to ride and sing
A sleighing song tonight.
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one – horse open sleight.
- P2. Music is very important in Christmas Celebrations.
Hundreds of Christmas songs come from all over the world. In the Middle Ages Christmas Carols become popular. The word “Carol” means “a round dance”. Often the carolers dance in the street round the tree in the park.
- P1. On the 26th of December at 12a.m. English families have Christmas Dinner.
Christmas table consist of a turkey or goose, ham, mashed potatoes and a pudding and an apple-pie (in the USA). Of course, there’s a lot of sweets and desserts.
(“Christmas is coming
The goose is getting fat
Please, put a penny in the old man’s hat”)
Teacher: Now children. Let’s play a game “Pass the Parcel”.
Here’s something wrapped in a lot of the papers. I’ll stand in a circle and pass the parcel to the person next to me . There is music playing. When the music stops, you take off one of the papers. The music starts again. The person, who takes the last piece, wins the prize.
(Children play the game).
- P 1. You have just listened to a lot about Christmas , and now let’s make a small competition
“Who knows more about Christmas”. The winner will get a prize.
It’s a holiday, which is celebrated on the 25-th of December. (Christmas.)
It is an old man, who comes from the North Pole on his sledge and brings presents for everybody. (Santa Claus.)
It is decorated with lights and toys and tinsel and is in all houses and squares. (Christmas tree.)
It is a thing which is very dear to children at Christmas, as they find presents in it in the morning. (Stocking.)
Christmas song. What is it’s name? (Carol.)
What are the Christmas sweets? (Candies.)
It is a traditional food, which people cook for Christmas party (turkey, pudding).
Teacher: Children, are you ready to celebrate Christmas? Let’s have a small competition.
Who knows Christmas words better? Name the words beginning with C H R I S T M A S.
Fill the missing letters.
Look at the words. Unscramble them.
Look at the words, find and circle hidden words.
Find the words.
Teacher: Have you prepared any Christmas poems?
(Учащиеся встают в круг, зажигают бенгальские огни, читают стихи.)
Teacher: Dear students! I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
(Song: “We wish you a Merry Christmas”)
- Просмотры: 134
- Просмотры: 777
- Просмотры: 534
- Просмотры: 469
- Просмотры: 86
- Просмотры: 136
- Просмотры: 367